Dundee United 2019/2020

Hemmings scored 20 goals in the Premiership in one season. Trying to deny that he’s not an exceptional talent for this level and a game changer for Dundee is ridiculous.
That exceptional that his options were St Johnstone and Dundee.

Yip, bricking it here [emoji21]

Regardless of what happens between us now, I can't help but think both of us are going up this season.

Half agree with you on the basis of the playing squads being miles ahead of anyone else in the league, but the ONLY guarantee of getting out of this league is to win it. Only one of us can do that obviously.

Utd simply need to win the league. I'm sure Dundee will be thinking the same as the Premiership team are always favourites in the play offs (well they are against us anyway [emoji26])

I always fancied Dundee to score a fair few this season as it was, but they'll have to go some to cancel out the goals the defence and keeper will ship going by last week.

It's gearing up to be a cracking season that's for sure.

Think we should just wait and see imo.

Hemmings is a good player. Would have taken him at United.

Obviously, it's all about getting the right service for him. Do Dundee have that ability? Can McPake get the best out of him and will he fit in to the system he will play or will he need to change his pre season set up?

Genuine questions.

Think it's going to be the City of Discovery League this season and it will go right to the wire. I, for one, am excitedly shitting myself for the first Derby. Its going to be some spectacle and at the end there will be some utter tears and snotters. Probably from both parties tbh.

Hemmings is a good signing for Dundee, but like others have said players returning from down south don't always work out.

He'll be an improvement on what they've got for sure.

I also see that Palace and Southampton are in a bid of bidding war for Scott Banks - if the English press is to be believed.

Edited by ArabAuslander

Hemings is about as good a signing a the Dees could realistically hope for, and given what he did there before, it’s hard to deny that on paper, it’s a cracking piece of business, and easy to see why they are so excited about it.

As has been said, returning players often don’t meet expectations, (see virtually every players that has ever returned to Tannadice in our history), and the pressure will be on him from the off to immediately start repeating his previous exploits, and that can be hard on a player.

Will be very interesting to see how he does, and does theoretically boost the Dee’s chances of doing well this season.

Best prices for the league are 13/8 Utd and 9/2 Dundee (7/2 most places). If you'd the money to spare and the inclination, lumping on both looks a pretty good bet given the weakness elsewhere in the division.

From a purely football point of view, Hemmings is obviously potentially a good signing for Dundee but we just have to concentrate on ourselves. If the players consistently reach the levels they set last weekend we'll win the league. 

12 minutes ago, coppola said:

If the players consistently reach the levels they set last weekend we'll win the league. 

Yep, I'd agree with that.

Unfortunately, they haven't even been able to do it over a period of more than 2 weeks thus far. 

Hemmings is a good signing for dundee, there's no point in denying it.

It's going to be a spicy division again this year but looking forward to it. Although Neilson has said hes looking for one more player, I think much will depend on what we get out of Pawlett and Sow this year as we cant just rely Shankland and a couple of youngsters.