Dundee United 2019/2020

Surely the front 2 for you lot should be Clark and shanks? Clark is a complete poacher and shouldn't be out wide IMO.

United now have a long and proud tradition of shunting a striker out wide just to shoehorn them into the team. Would be a shame to see it abandoned now.

8 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Surely the front 2 for you lot should be Clark and shanks? Clark is a complete poacher and shouldn't be out wide IMO.

He's behind Appere for that position so his options are currently fitting in elsewhere or sitting on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

442 with McMullan and Clark on the wings, Appere right up alongside Shankland. Clark did a decent job on the left.

Hmmmm

I mean, we won 4-1 and reports say we made chances so you cant really moan but Clark out there seems mental. I see two of the goals were Appere crosses from the left so i take it it was reasonably fluid.

A return to the Cifti, GMS, Armstrong, Gauld and errmm Graham amd Dow swarm of bees formation up top.

Clark and Appere can easily keep swapping positions throughout the game. Appere is pretty handy out left too, as you seen with the delivery for Shanklands 3rd.

Clark's problem is that Banks is breathing down his neck for a starting place too.

Big decisions to make for Neilson when Sow and Pawlett get fit too.

10 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
16 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Big decisions to make for Neilson when Sow and Pawlett get fit too.

Would love to see these two live up to the expectation, I'm not convinced they ever will though. Actually wouldn't be surprised if we never laid eyes on Sow again tbh.

Pawlett will.

We saw what he brought to the team when he signed (Morton at Tannadice for example). Unfortunately he got injured and in our Wisdom management thought it was better to play him unfit and taking injections ( could hardly walk after games) where he toiled, than leave him to get over his injury. Could be back for Thistle.

Sow I think they are being very careful with, Robbie I think said the club were helping him with non football "difficulties" too. IF he can stay fit he could be handy. Should be ready by the Pars game.

Pawlett will.
We saw what he brought to the team when he signed (Morton at Tannadice for example). Unfortunately he got injured and in our Wisdom management thought it was better to play him unfit and taking injections ( could hardly walk after games) where he toiled, than leave him to get over his injury. Could be back for Thistle.
Sow I think they are being very careful with, Robbie I think said the club were helping him with non football "difficulties" too. IF he can stay fit he could be handy. Should be ready by the Pars game.
The more the merrier. It's a long haul.

6 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Maybe Clark has been sent out to partner Shankland throughout pre-season, but Neilson has got fed up of him dropping deep and offering no support?

I jest.