Dundee United 2019/2020

I doubt our chances at the moment but there are a fair few teams in the league this year that will be slightly less shit than us and we will hopefully have one or two still to come in.

Don’t want to put a huge emphasis on a run of games so early in the season but the first four matches - ICT (H), Partick (A), Dunfermline (A), Dundee (H) are going to be massive.

Really not sure what to make of it all but that is probably more to do with my standard pre-season anxiety. It doesn’t help that Dundee do seem to be going about their business pretty well and have made some solid signings. A large part of my season anxiety/nerves/anticipation is taken up by wondering how they might get on and how we do in direct competition with Dundee, and I don’t mind admitting that.

I doubt our chances at the moment but there are a fair few teams in the league this year that will be slightly less shit than us and we will hopefully have one or two still to come in.

Don’t want to put a huge emphasis on a run of games so early in the season but the first four matches - ICT (H), Partick (A), Dunfermline (A), Dundee (H) are going to be massive.

Really not sure what to make of it all but that is probably more to do with my standard pre-season anxiety. It doesn’t help that Dundee do seem to be going about their business pretty well and have made some solid signings. A large part of my season anxiety/nerves/anticipation is taken up by wondering how they might get on and how we do in direct competition with Dundee, and I don’t mind admitting that.
Not overly worried about Dundee alone, there's 2 or 3 others that will have a say. But, if we get another couple in the right areas, I'm confident we'll win it.

It'll be a crying shame if we can't get the right supply to Shankland this season, because this lad is the difference of us winning the league or not winning it.

Not overly worried about Dundee alone, there's 2 or 3 others that will have a say. But, if we get another couple in the right areas, I'm confident we'll win it.

It'll be a crying shame if we can't get the right supply to Shankland this season, because this lad is the difference of us winning the league or not winning it.

There are others that worry me but I was just saying that having Dundee in the league adds to my stress levels!

A large part of my season anxiety/nerves/anticipation is taken up by wondering how they might get on and how we do in direct competition with Dundee, and I don’t mind admitting that.

Believe me the feeling is mutual. The 2 Dundee clubs, Inverness (although not on today’s performance) and Partick ought to be up there. Ayr must be fatally weakened you’d imagine. Dunfermline seemed to have done well in the Cup so far. Perm 4 from those 5 for the playoff spots I’d imagine?

Believe me the feeling is mutual. The 2 Dundee clubs, Inverness (although not on today’s performance) and Partick ought to be up there. Ayr must be fatally weakened you’d imagine. Dunfermline seemed to have done well in the Cup so far. Perm 4 from those 5 for the playoff spots I’d imagine?

You would think that would be the rough group at the end of the season.

I just don’t like the prospect of the ‘double’ pressure every week - to win AND to hope we do better than Dundee, it’ll be too much for my wee heart to take!

I wish you guys nothing but misery this coming season, but it’ll be good to have the derbies again.

The build up is excellent, the pre-match buzz is brilliant and the noise at the start of the match will be amazing. Then it will be 90 minutes of nerves and in most cases only one set of fans get to enjoy the fallout.

I for one can’t wait....

The build up is excellent, the pre-match buzz is brilliant and the noise at the start of the match will be amazing. Then it will be 90 minutes of nerves and in most cases only one set of fans get to enjoy the fallout.

I for one can’t wait....

I’ve been supporting Dundee for roughly 40 years. For the vast majority of that period United have been well on top. You have no idea how much I DETEST the derbies.

I’ve been supporting Dundee for roughly 40 years. For the vast majority of that period United have been well on top. You have no idea how much I DETEST the derbies.
I'm with you, I hate them with a passion. Can't enjoy them for some reason. Unless we win of course.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I think Dundee fans would admit to exactly the same. 

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Undoubtedly. When you lot signed Shankland, I don't mind admitting that myself and a lot of other Dee's shat it a wee bit. You've seen on this thread Dundee fans loving when United fail with a particular emphasis on Shankland. I've no doubt you lot will be the same about McGowan/Nelson/Johnson/Whoever gets deemed to be our top player.

There's a pressure on both clubs and it's a predicament the fans haven't been in since the early 90's which makes for nervous viewing.

18 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Spot on.