Dundee United 2019/2020

7 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Ha ha!!

I thought about but didn't want to confirm Derek Soutar's argument a come across arrogant that we'd do the clean sweep!

Genuine question - why are United fans all of a sudden getting wound up at Souttar, 3 years after he gave the interview? 

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

Genuine question - why are United fans all of a sudden getting wound up at Souttar, 3 years after he gave the interview? 

Newly published story. Seems to be another interview or his comments picked up elsewhere and packaged into a story by the Scum

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4497538/ex-dundee-keeper-derek-soutar-slams-dundee-united-as-arrogant/amp?__twitter_impression=true

36 minutes ago, Dele said:

Ah, cheers. Now onto my second question - why does anyone - United or journalists - give a shiny shiny what Derek fucking Souttar had to say!? 

Good question. Complete irrelevance. But they know it will get clicks. Someone associated with a rival says something about your team sets off a klaxon for those looking to be offended in all supports.

It is the way of the modern football fan.

Having said that, irrespective of what he said, I would like the club and players to stop giving it the "where we belong" nonsense. It doesn't sit well with me. We are where we belong, as you and others are because we were 

A - shit when last in top league

B - not good enough to get promoted.

I'm hoping B isn't applicable  this season and hope to be less shit in the Premiership than last time.

48 minutes ago, Dele said:

Ah, cheers. Now onto my second question - why does anyone - United or journalists - give a shiny shiny what Derek fucking Souttar had to say!? 

Probably for the same reason the papers are full of "Ex-Old Firm STAR!!!!! makes pointless statement".

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Don't think anyone really does, it's just a slightly bizarre article. Soutar doesn't appear to be plugging or promoting anything. The piece seems to exist just for the sake of letting a former Dee have a relatively minor dig at us; a fairly unremarkable turn of events.

He's had beef with United more recently as well tbf, but pity the journalist whose contacts are so limited that they have to resort to prodding Derek Soutar for a comment.

Edited by captainkev

55 minutes ago, Dele said:

I would say I am not bothered with Souttar, it is the cheap try to get a reaction journalism that annoys me.

I have not read the artIcle and probably will not.

12 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

Can students buy concessions for cup games? I'm currently on my way to Tannadice.

Hope so. I've got mine online assuming that's the case.

Eta:

D_2xMVSW4AEh8As.jpeg.thumb.jpg.138bd6be8eecbddba87f4f5dfcdd7fea.jpg

No Cammy Smith or Bouhenna on the bench tonight. If it's not injury then they'll likely be on the way out?

Edited by captainkev

17 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

1-0 United. Sporle, great assist from Shankland 

Very good work from Banks building up to it. He's been very lively so far, had a couple of good chances. A couple of pretty wild shots too admittedly. 

That neither Clark or Shankland have scored given the number of chances they've had is pretty poor.