Dundee United 2019/2020

I'd be disappointed, but understanding if these rumours about Bouhenna were true. At this point, for the Championship, he's great cover for centre-back and defensive midfield, but not first choice in either position. If he's getting offered guaranteed 1st team football elsewhere I could see why he'd be inclined to move.

Yet more insipid Neilson pish. We are so boring to watch. 

A few quick points after last night - 

Our two centre halfs give me the fear. I already thought Connolly was poor, and am beginning to think the same of Reynolds. 

Utd fans have been very dismissive of Watson over the summer, but up he pops with another goal. I'd consider putting him in at centre half. 

I thought (not sure everyone will agree) C.  Smith looked decent getting played in his right position for once. I hope a Shankland / Smith partnership might bear fruit for us. 

I assume there's a bit of squad rotation going on, hence Banks' omission after a good showing v Hearts. Maybe he'll start v Cowdenbeath 

After a promising start to his Utd career, Harkes is really poor. No surprise that he was first to be subbed. 

Is Sporle's United career over before it really began? Have we definetly signed the right Argentinian - we have a history of this

Ice cream at the football is revolutionary. Might not work so well in December though

Edited by Steven W

What's the score with Aird? He hasn't featured in any of the squads this year.  
Him and Loemba are being made to train at stupid o'clock at night, on there own, with a view to sickening them into moving on. Up til now its clearly not worked

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

Our two centre halfs give me the fear. I already thought Connolly was poor, and am beginning to think the same of Reynolds. 

Utd fans have been very dismissive of Watson over the summer, but up he pops with another goal. I'd consider putting him in at centre half. 

Reynolds and Connolly were brought in because Watson (among others) weren’t good enough. The fact he’s quite handy at attacking set pieces doesn’t warrant him a place at the heart of the defence.

We do really really really need a centre back that is both solid and who is capable of passing the ball. Not an easy get admittedly, but our passing the ball about at the back before launching it, is cringeworthy.

51 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Reynolds and Connolly were brought in because Watson (among others) weren’t good enough. The fact he’s quite handy at attacking set pieces doesn’t warrant him a place at the heart of the defence.

We do really really really need a centre back that is both solid and who is capable of passing the ball. Not an easy get admittedly, but our passing the ball about at the back before launching it, is cringeworthy.

I think Watson is a better CH than they pair (and scores goals)

28 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm sorry to say this but if anyone thinks we can actually get much better than Connolly or Reynolds at this level then give Neilson a shout. 

Reality check needed for some Arabs out there. 

It’s the inconsistency I find worrying.  I’ve seen both these guys having very good games but too often I have seen one or both of them looking really ropey.

I agree that players of this calibre is the best that we can expect at this level, but we need better and more consistent performances.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s the inconsistency I find worrying.  I’ve seen both these guys having very good games but too often I have seen one or both of them looking really ropey.

I agree that players of this calibre is the best that we can expect at this level, but we need better and more consistent performances.

Again see the level we are at. Bar maybe one or two others can you think of better defenders we could sign in the championship? 

Hopefully Hall signs could be better than Connolly at least. 

A reminder that in the last 11 competitive games, we have conceded 6 goals, never conceding more than 1 goal in each of those games.
3 of those games were against premiership opposition.
I would be more than happy if that record continued throughout this season.
By no means are they perfect, but I think the level of flak our defence is receiving is a little unjustified.

47 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm sorry to say this but if anyone thinks we can actually get much better than Connolly or Reynolds at this level then give Neilson a shout. 

Meekings and Forster. 

£2m, each.