Dundee United 2019/2020

42 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Fantastic point. Looking like a real side again.

League's in the bag.

Easy pleased ! Totally out played for about 85 out of the 90 minutes , still no real threat up front , good to see Clark still miss open goals 😃😃

Oh my God Robbie Nielson talked some Crap in the after match interview tonight! I can only think Maybe his bosses don't watch the game & only listen to his after match interviews! He must have watched a different game to most.... 

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Happy enough with that tonight. Looked pretty solid in defence. Struggled to get a grip of the game in midfield but still made decent chances and there are better players still to come into the team. Drawing away at Hearts isn't ever going to be a bad result.

Pleased with the contributions of Appere and Banks when they came on. I'm not anti Connolly but suspect there's an upgrade coming in for his position. Butcher and Harkes (and presumably King) will be an improvement in midfield.

We have to hope that will not be a typical Sporle performance.

6 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Don't know if this has been pointed out but the website has updated the team numbers. Aird and Loemba not on the first team or reserve squads.

Wonder if Aird will move to QoS although he never featured much last season, but am sure AJ rates him and didn't want him to leave Pars when he was manager there  & he needs another wide man. 

Happy with a point at Hearts, first competitive game of the season and drawing with top 6 prem opposition who were SC finalists just a few weeks ago isn't a bad result at all. 

Aperre and Banks look like they should be in and about the first team this season, Banks should be eased in gently but I reckon he'll come good. I'm in the old enough if good enough camp though so happy to see him chucked in at the deep end if he proves himself more. 

Great to see Shanks get his debut goal and more to come. 

Happy with a point at Hearts, first competitive game of the season and drawing with top 6 prem opposition who were SC finalists just a few weeks ago isn't a bad result at all. 
Aperre and Banks look like they should be in and about the first team this season, Banks should be eased in gently but I reckon he'll come good. I'm in the old enough if good enough camp though so happy to see him chucked in at the deep end if he proves himself more. 
Great to see Shanks get his debut goal and more to come. 

Agreed!

Encouraging. Doubt any other side in this division would get a draw at Tynecastle. Excellent away support which is also unlikely to be matched in this division, even on a Saturday.

IMG_3339.jpg

Not quite the same side but intriguing all the same.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_3339.jpg

Not quite the same side but intriguing all the same.

Not really. No more than 3/4 of the players that played for Dundee that night will player a major part for them this year. If Craig Curran was the second best striker in my squad I would be worried.

8 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Can't wait for the Dundee fans to tell us how this means we're shite cos we lost an extra point on penalties to top six premiership opposition.

Heh. Last year your fans were going on about how you beat Dundee because you won an extra point in a penalty shoot out. 

Surprising to see its been downgraded to only losing an extra point this year. Too many changes in football at once for my liking. 

Heh. Last year your fans were going on about how you beat Dundee because you won an extra point in a penalty shoot out. 
Surprising to see its been downgraded to only losing an extra point this year. Too many changes in football at once for my liking. 

footballs all about agendas, come on.

Accies didn’t actually relegate you last year

Based purely on last night and the Dumbarton game, Appere looks like he will be a player.
Excellent running, strong and very good at receiving the ball and holding it up/ laying it off.
I would be starting him up top with Shankland with Clark and Sow as options off the bench.
No doubting Sporle was poor last night, but there was enough in his late cameo at Dumbarton to lead me to believe he’s a better player than that.
That was good premiership opposition, away from home, in the pishing rain, with no-one having had a full 90 minutes under their belt previously and essentially with a second string midfield bar McMullan, I think we did absolutely fine.