Dundee United 2019/2020

31 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, apparently. 

The only upside to signing May would be watching you desperately trying to cover up your crushing disappointment. As amusing as that would be for two minutes, I'm not sure it's worth it. 

I can't see the May of recent years getting a game ahead of Shankland, Sow, and Clark. And we still have Cammy Smith and the kids after that.

Therefore, a waste of money when we have other positions more in need of strengthening.

So if we sign May thats 

$hankland, Clark, Sow then May.

I'm assuming its going to be Sow and $hankland as RNs (deffo not mine) preferred two. Again, assuming and hoping hes going to play two strikers - Sow being up front and $hankland playing off him. Hope young Lawrence isn't expecting much help up front!

I really think the board have gone balls out backing the manager. If we dont hit the ground sprinting like Usain Bolt and we're not top of the pile by November then the heat will be on Robbie.

It is looking more likely that Frans will be moved on, given we have Hall training with us. I would think Booth might also be on that list. Don't want too much more upheaval but we definitely need to shift some bodies from the squad (Aird and Loemba still being the obvious two). It will be telling what might happen depending on the squad tonight. Apart from the known injuries you would think that anyone not involved tonight is out of Neilson's plans. 

Don't know if this has been pointed out but the website has updated the team numbers. Aird and Loemba not on the first team or reserve squads.

1. Benjamin Siegrist

2. Liam Smith

3. Adrian Sporle

4. Frederic Frans

5. Mark Connolly

6. Mark Reynolds

7. Paul McMullan

8. Peter Pawlett

9. Osman Sow

10. Nicky Clark

11. Cammy Smith

12. Sam Stanton

13. Deniz Mehmet

14. Callum Booth

16. Matty Smith

17. Jamie Robson

18. Calum Butcher

19. Rachid Bouhenna

20. Logan Chalmers

21. Declan Glass

23. Ian Harkes

24. Lawrence Shankland

25. Adam King

26. Sam Wardrop

27. Louis Appere (Reserves)

31. Josh Donaldson (Reserves)

36. Jake Davidson (Reserves)

44. Paul Watson

It's presumably still a work in progress as it's weird there's no mentioned of players like Ross Graham or Scott Banks.

Im telling you. Young boy banks will be in your first X1 within 6 months. Boy is something special. Add few months of age. Weight n experiance. He.ll not be oot your team. Thank me later[emoji106]

Great to see young Scott coming on tonight , Would loved him back on loan and will be following his career closely..Great Young player and fully expect him to be a regular starter[emoji106]

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Great to see young Scott coming on tonight , Would loved him back on loan and will be following his career closely..Great Young player and fully expect him to be a regular starteremoji106.png

Looked a player in his 20 mins.

Penalty shootout is just a faf for us.

Happy enough with that tonight. Looked pretty solid in defence. Struggled to get a grip of the game in midfield but still made decent chances and there are better players still to come into the team. Drawing away at Hearts isn't ever going to be a bad result.

Pleased with the contributions of Appere and Banks when they came on. I'm not anti Connolly but suspect there's an upgrade coming in for his position. Butcher and Harkes (and presumably King) will be an improvement in midfield.