Dundee United 2019/2020

Was quite impressed by him (Adam King) in the game against Dumbarton. Looks to be a deep lying midfielder who is comfortable on the ball (probably more similar to Harkes than Butcher). Came deep a lot to get the ball from the goalie. Looks like we've got decent competition in that area with Bouhenna looking good in there during the playoffs as well. Will probably mean Stanton playing further forward when he does get a game.

Edited by edinburgharab

4 hours ago, coppola said:

Good chance King will be the last addition to the squad this summer (maybe one or two to leave) giving us a first team squad of:

Keepers

Siegrist

Deniz

Full Backs

Robson

Booth

Sporle

Smith

Watson

Centre Halfs

Reynolds

Connolly

Frans

Centre Mid

Butcher

Bouhenna

Harkes

King

Stanton

Attacking Mid / Wingers

C. Smith

McMullan

Pawlett

Banks

Strikers

Sow

Shankland

Clark

Appere

Obviously plenty guys in there who can cover multiple positions (Watson & Bouhenna at centre half etc.). I'd  probably still like us to sign one more out and out winger but really that squad should be good enough to win this league. Neilson has the tools, now up to him to use them to best effect.

I'm hoping that with this squad the 5/1 on offer against Hearts tomorrow could be worth a decent punt ???

2 hours ago, wardy83 said:

Just a coincidence or not but number 15 only number from 1-20 not assigned to anyone, sure that was Craig Conways number when he joined United... also heard we are after ex st johnstone defender Joe Shaughnessy and possibly letting Frans leave permanently

Shaughnessy joining you lot would be hilarious, purely from the aspect he threw away offers from Saints and Aberdeen because he was wanting a bigger wage, and then realised nobody else wanted him.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shaughnessy joining you lot would be hilarious, purely from the aspect he threw away offers from Saints and Aberdeen because he was wanting a bigger wage, and then realised nobody else wanted him.

Maybe he wanted to leave St Johnstone because they are, well, y'know, St Johnstone.

28 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Maybe he wanted to leave St Johnstone because they are, well, y'know, St Johnstone.

Jokes like this work better when you've not spent half a decade trailing in the wake of the side youre insulting...

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jokes like this work better when you've not spent half a decade trailing in the wake of the side youre insulting...

Come backs like that only work if you hadn't spent decades previously trailing in the wake of said team. 

31 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Come backs like that only work if you hadn't spent decades previously trailing in the wake of said team. 

You're sounding dangerously similar to a Dundee fan with that chat

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW the rumours linking you with May are gaining traction. Apparently offered him twice as much as we have 😐

We’re definitely in for him and though I’d be happy to have him, I do find it a bit strange given the squad we already have 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW the rumours linking you with May are gaining traction. Apparently offered him twice as much as we have 😐

Forget finances for a minute even though a larger pay packet would be nice.  

I would imagine St Johnstone have the advantage of him knowing the club well and manager as well come to think with Tommy Wright still around.

It could be here may be more comfortable returning to familiar settings and that may help him get back to the form he had shown before he left.

I would not be against signing him, however I can see why a return to Saints may appeal to him though.

4 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Half a decade...🤣

Its literally been half a decade since United finished above Saints. 5 seasons, this one will make it 6.

3 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Forget finances for a minute even though a larger pay packet would be nice.  

I would imagine St Johnstone have the advantage of him knowing the club well and manager as well come to think with Tommy Wright still around.

It could be here may be more comfortable returning to familiar settings and that may help him get back to the form he had shown before he left.

I would not be against signing him, however I can see why a return to Saints may appeal to him though.

We'll be, at least, halving his wage. The rumoured United wage is closer to the wage hes on than to our offer. Literally all we can offer is first team football and a club he knows, financially it would be a no brainer.

Edited by RandomGuy.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure what’s worse:

People who start such rumours.

People who believe such rumours and feel they must repeat them.

People who think that because such rumours are being repeated on social media means that their “gaining traction”.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its literally been half a decade since United finished above Saints. 5 seasons, this one will make it 6.

We'll be, at least, halving his wage. The rumoured United wage is closer to the wage hes on than to our offer. Literally all we can offer is first team football and a club he knows, financially it would be a no brainer.

Quite a feat that. 

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, apparently. 

The only upside to signing May would be watching you desperately trying to cover up your crushing disappointment. As amusing as that would be for two minutes, I'm not sure it's worth it.