Dundee United 2019/2020

fair play to united since what I assume is there new media team took over there interaction with the fans has been excellent. after the torture both Dundee and united fans have been through its excellent seeing the clubs trying to connect with the fans again  and give something back 

It’s the same media team but I think the club and the new MD have tried to push them a bit more.

It’s the same media team but I think the club and the new MD have tried to push them a bit more.
Not just the media team, the players have also taken an active part in getting the fans onside. Mixing with fans and putting themselves out there won't be every players cup of tea but there definitely seems to be a new sense of togetherness. Well played to all involved.

All seems well off the park for the first time in yonks, all we need now is to romp this fucking league.

So... Adam King, eh?

Says on Wiki that he's a Winger, but I remember the kid playing in the middle. We defo needed someone else for CM anyway.

Says a lot to be handing him a 3 year deal - one of our problems is getting rid of all the crap Shabba signed on 2/3 year deals.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

So... Adam King, eh?

Says on Wiki that he's a Winger, but I remember the kid playing in the middle. We defo needed someone else for CM anyway.

Says a lot to be handing him a 3 year deal - one of our problems is getting rid of all the crap Shabba signed on 2/3 year deals.

Don't think he's a winger. The internet has him playing pretty much every game as a central midfielder. My principal concerns would be that he hasn't played a great deal of first team football and he's Billy King's brother. Hopefully he's got a big more dig than Billy. 

Good chance King will be the last addition to the squad this summer (maybe one or two to leave) giving us a first team squad of:

Keepers

Siegrist

Deniz

Full Backs

Robson

Booth

Sporle

Smith

Watson

Centre Halfs

Reynolds

Connolly

Frans

Centre Mid

Butcher

Bouhenna

Harkes

King

Stanton

Attacking Mid / Wingers

C. Smith

McMullan

Pawlett

Banks

Strikers

Sow

Shankland

Clark

Appere

Obviously plenty guys in there who can cover multiple positions (Watson & Bouhenna at centre half etc.). I'd  probably still like us to sign one more out and out winger but really that squad should be good enough to win this league. Neilson has the tools, now up to him to use them to best effect.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

That new strip is almost erotic. Emmanuelle 2 (Directors Cut) in replica kit form. Now give me a Jackson Pollock paint splash away kit.

Wont you get the Jackson Pollock looking at the home top??

Edited by Tannadeechee

Don't think he's a winger. The internet has him playing pretty much every game as a central midfielder. My principal concerns would be that he hasn't played a great deal of first team football and he's Billy King's brother. Hopefully he's got a big more dig than Billy. 

Read somewhere he can also play CB and RB so assume he’s more of a defensive type.

Would make Watson even less needed as cover.

4 minutes ago, Cuparab said:

Read somewhere he can also play CB and RB so assume he’s more of a defensive type.

Would make Watson even less needed as cover.

He has played there for Hearts before. He's not necessarily good there though 

Not just the media team, the players have also taken an active part in getting the fans onside. Mixing with fans and putting themselves out there won't be every players cup of tea but there definitely seems to be a new sense of togetherness. Well played to all involved.

All seems well off the park for the first time in yonks, all we need now is to romp this fucking league.

Would be good to know how much Connolly and Reynolds are involved in this change, they seem very good role models and leaders.
It makes a huge difference to have real, positive leadership throughout the club.

4 hours ago, coppola said:

Good chance King will be the last addition to the squad this summer (maybe one or two to leave) giving us a first team squad of:

Keepers

Siegrist

Deniz

Full Backs

Robson

Booth

Sporle

Smith

Watson

Centre Halfs

Reynolds

Connolly

Frans

Centre Mid

Butcher

Bouhenna

Harkes

King

Stanton

Attacking Mid / Wingers

C. Smith

McMullan

Pawlett

Banks

Strikers

Sow

Shankland

Clark

Appere

Obviously plenty guys in there who can cover multiple positions (Watson & Bouhenna at centre half etc.). I'd  probably still like us to sign one more out and out winger but really that squad should be good enough to win this league. Neilson has the tools, now up to him to use them to best effect.

Two questions to P&B Arabs.

1.  If Neilson is going to persist with 4-2-3-1 (and I’m fairly certain he will) what would be the starting line up from that squad?

2.  Will that starting line up be less/as/more effective than we had in the second part of last season?

Just a coincidence or not but number 15 only number from 1-20 not assigned to anyone, sure that was Craig Conways number when he joined United... also heard we are after ex st johnstone defender Joe Shaughnessy and possibly letting Frans leave permanently