Dundee United 2019/2020

13 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

He played all his games for a team looking to get promoted to the premiership which he also isn’t suited to I suppose.

If I was looking for someone to blame for us not getting promoted it wouldn’t be Clark.

5 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Have heard the signing on fee for Shankland is nothing like the figures mentioned with a quarter of this amount being more accurate. He is rumoured to have a very attractive goals and promotion bonus included with his contract.

Strong rumour of £120k sign on and including bonus reported to be £130k salary for the season (over 52 weeks that’s £2500 weekly ) was on about £1400 at Ayr 

Edited by Robbo63

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If I was looking for someone to blame for us not getting promoted it wouldn’t be Clark.

Neither would I. In fact he was one of the few practically exempt from blame . Doesn’t change the fact he is our third best striker and dees claiming that’d have an 8 league goal a season striker over a 24 goal a season striker that they were photoshopping into a dundee kit last year is laughable. 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Agree with this. For me, and I think its really obvious to see, he is the most natural finisher at the club last season. 

I get @NEFarab doesn't like him & I reapect that even if I do not agree with it, but I also agree we do not use him in a way to get the best, as a goal scorer, out of him.  Last season he was mostly being played in midfield. I would have no qualms playing in a two with Shankland. IMHO of course

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Strong rumour of £120k sign on and including bonus reported to be £130k salary for the season (over 52 weeks that’s £2500 weekly ) was on about £1400 at Ayr 

Theres zero chance Ayr pay those wages. It's been confirmed Danny Swanson earns £1,500pw at us, and he'll likely be at the top end of our pay scale.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Theres zero chance Ayr pay those wages. 

It wasn't Ayr paying it. Shankland Grandfather stays in Dundee and was telling folk last year that Lawrence wouldn't be going to Dundee as we (Dundee) weren't going to match his wage he was getting at Ayr. He apparently had a money maker on the side at Ayr as well.

It wasn't Ayr paying it. Shankland Grandfather stays in Dundee and was telling folk last year that Lawrence wouldn't be going to Dundee as we (Dundee) weren't going to match his wage he was getting at Ayr. He apparently had a money maker on the side at Ayr as well.

That coupled with the fact that McCall found a large pot of gold at the end of a rainbow on a preseason trip to Forfar. He spunked it all on Shanklands wages, 100 pairs of crocs and Partick Thistle training gear with his initials sewn on.

34 minutes ago, Dele said:

Ayr don’t pay that on wages , fortunately they were only paying a percentage of it !

47 minutes ago, Dele said:

Aye Aye paid about half of that and an unknown director or the chairman paid the other half.  He was a PT on the side as well.  

50 minutes ago, Dele said:

Fair dues, seems a worthwhile enterprise getting outside investment for goalscorers, based on the successes of Dobbie and Shankland.

6 hours ago, harry94 said:

Absolute scenes if he gets lifted for fraud before the season starts.

I thought it would have been Herbalife he was punting when I was told. Seems to be a decent moneymaker for footballers both current and retired. 

Talking of fraud, whatever came of Sow and his money laundering case? 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I thought it would have been Herbalife he was punting when I was told. Seems to be a decent moneymaker for footballers both current and retired. 

Talking of fraud, whatever came of Sow and his money laundering case? 

Brilliant segue from talking up what a great moneymaker Herbalife is to questioning someone else's fraudulent activities. 

Reading in the courier that Sow has had a good pre season but is now out of training for a few days with "calf tightness". I'm no sure we'll ever see this boy fully fit. 

Also, Neilson mentioned trimming a couple of players from the squad to give younger guys a chance. Assuming he doesn't mean Loemba or Aird who're already out, who do we think will go? Absolutely wouldn't be my choice but I think he'll move Cammy Smith on, maybe Clark and one out of Booth/Robson. 

eta Pawlett and Sow would be the 2 guys I'd move on but don't see that happening for a second.

Edited by coppola

45 minutes ago, coppola said:

Reading in the courier that Sow has had a good pre season but is now out of training for a few days with "calf tightness". I'm no sure we'll ever see this boy fully fit. 

Also, Neilson mentioned trimming a couple of players from the squad to give younger guys a chance. Assuming he doesn't mean Loemba or Aird who're already out, who do we think will go? Absolutely wouldn't be my choice but I think he'll move Cammy Smith on, maybe Clark and one out of Booth/Robson. 

eta Pawlett and Sow would be the 2 guys I'd move on but don't see that happening for a second.

Agree and agree.