Dundee United 2019/2020

1 hour ago, coppola said:

One of the tabloids has us interested in Stevie May but needing to offload Sow first. That would represent an improvement to our squad imo, whether it's realistic is another question..

Getting rid of Sow for Stevie May is a horrible idea.

27 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Getting rid of Sow for Stevie May is a horrible idea.

Opinions and that but I think May would work as a good foil for Shankland or Clark. Let him do the donkey work and either of them are freed up to play in and around the box

27 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Sow is going to come good

I hope you’re right.  The big problem is I have seen nothing to suggest this including 45 minutes against East Fife.

I’m looking forward to how we line up tonight.

Depends how shite May is now. He was a half decent player about five years ago and had one very good season. Since then he appears to have done absolutely nothing of note. Sow's clearly also been a good player in the past and offers something different to the other strikers at the club (being a lanky streak of pish, rofl). 

If there's no net outlay then Sow out and May in might be an improvement but I'm not convinced enough to actively want it to happen.

Edited by Pull My Strings

1 hour ago, coppola said:

Opinions and that but I think May would work as a good foil for Shankland or Clark. Let him do the donkey work and either of them are freed up to play in and around the box

Making May do the donkey work is actually what went wrong for him at Aberdeen.

Depends how shite May is now. He was a half decent player about five years ago and had one very good season. Since then he appears to have done absolutely nothing of note. Sow's clearly also been a good player in the past and offers something different to the other strikers at the club (being a lanky streak of pish, rofl). 
If there's no net outlay then Sow out and May in might be an improvement but I'm not convinced enough to actively want it to happen.

Yeah, bang on that.

What is a bit weird is that the article actively says that we want Sow off the payroll, although that may be bollocks given it’s the S*n.

If true though, it would indicate to me that it’s more Ashgar than Neilson who is making moves, given RN’s insistence on playing him. Also Ashgar seems to have been the driving force behind the Shankland signing, saying it was himself who identified him as a target etc.

I’d be interested to know what their working relationship is like in reality as a situation like that could lead to some degree of friction I would imagine.

I haven't given up hope that Sow could turn out to be the player we were all expecting but at this point I wouldn't be particularly upset if he was out the door. Given a straight choice between him and May I think there's a higher chance of May having a positive impact on the team this season. No seeing it happen though.