Dundee United 2019/2020

5 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Hahahahahahahaha all these fans coming on here saying he’s a championship player, weesht you’d be creaming your pants if yous could afford him

Dundee fans were buzzing about getting him last Summer for their top flight campaign.

Strange how they're now all claiming hes shite and over rated 🤔

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t think people realise how important Moffat was to the success of Shankland, Clark, Faissal.

I’m pretty confident that whoever we sign to play upfront now will score a reasonable amount of goals playing with Moffat.

Exactly. Moff is the man that made these players look good. A package deal would make the signing team a formidable attacking unit. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans were buzzing about getting him last Summer for their top flight campaign.

Strange how they're now all claiming hes shite and over rated 🤔

Another #ITK exclusive brought to the masses by RandomGuy. 

Will we file this with the other made up bullshit you've been pulled up for recently? 

19 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

"It is getting that winning mentality and actually playing nasty at times to not want to get beaten. It comes from training at the highest level every day."

Sidlaw training camp confirmed^^

Strange how they're now all claiming hes shite and over rated [emoji848]
I don't think many have said that.

Leigh Griffiths was by miles the best striker in the division when we signed him - it didn't mean that we were going to win the league (as many of us thought).

Genuine question. Why would Shankland go to a Scottish championship when a bigger club like Hull are interested in you? I would think playing in the English championship in front of a bigger crowd, higher standard of football and better wages would be more appealing career wise.

Genuine question. Why would Shankland go to a Scottish championship when a bigger club like Hull are interested in you? I would think playing in the English championship in front of a bigger crowd, higher standard of football and better wages would be more appealing career wise.
Would be play every week at Hull? Would he be the main man at Hull? Would be in the reserves a lot at Hull?

Plus its Hull!

Just now, ftk said:

Would be play every week at Hull? Would he be the main man at Hull? Would be in the reserves a lot at Hull?

Plus its Hull!

Hull is still a bigger club than DU. No idea if Shankland would be first choice at Hull but that is no guarantee for any player - look at the quality of English PL and who warm a bench.  Hull were interested as was Sunderland.  Ryan Fraser went to Bournemouth and look at him now. 

Shankland is an intresting one his goal break down per team last season in the championship should be good reading for Dundee United fans and thats about it:
Partick 2 goals
ICT 1 goal
Dunfermline 1 goal
Queens 1 goal
Falkirk 1 goal
Alloa 6 goals
Morton 3 goals
Dundee United 5 goals
Ross County 4 goals
Shankland also failed to score in the Premiership Play offs and the Scottish Cup. Im not sure its prudent to pay crazy money for him when Clark when played in the right team is probably about as good as him, especially when your new owner came in he said he wants to make a profit, splashing this kind of cash on a player who is untested in the Premiership is playing with fire. It will either come good or massivley backfire.

How many of these were from headers?

C11BA59E-D8FA-4AA6-8E43-20763BEDF784-15732-000009A086C760F5.jpg

Shankland is an intresting one his goal break down per team last season in the championship should be good reading for Dundee United fans and thats about it:
Partick 2 goals
ICT 1 goal
Dunfermline 1 goal
Queens 1 goal
Falkirk 1 goal
Alloa 6 goals
Morton 3 goals
Dundee United 5 goals
Ross County 4 goals
Shankland also failed to score in the Premiership Play offs and the Scottish Cup. Im not sure its prudent to pay crazy money for him when Clark when played in the right team is probably about as good as him, especially when your new owner came in he said he wants to make a profit, splashing this kind of cash on a player who is untested in the Premiership is playing with fire. It will either come good or massivley backfire.

He did score in the Scottish Cup.

He also scored 9 goals in the League Cup which you didn’t mention.

Can't work out Shankland to be honest.

He was good with us in his first spell, so much so we signed him from Aberdeen- I was delighted with that.

He then didn't look great the next season and his fitness and confidence wasn't low. Jack Ross gave him the ultimate humiliation by releasing him to go sign for Morton and we loaned Rory Loy to replace him. Loy scored more than Shankland did at Morton to the end of that season. 

I think there is a decent player in there, but a lot seems to be confidence based. I think Dundee United are going to get 15-20 league goals or the next Osman Sow!

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Another #ITK exclusive brought to the masses by RandomGuy. 

Will we file this with the other made up bullshit you've been pulled up for recently? 

On 30/08/2018 at 19:27, SweeperDee said:

McCann says the money from Wighton wasn’t used for signing Miller. Get Shankland in pronto.

On 31/08/2018 at 13:46, SweeperDee said:

Caulker will be off then; use Wighton money and Caulker to get Shankland, PLEASE.

On 07/10/2018 at 00:20, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Miller signing is turning in to the disaster I thought it would be.

Why the f**k we didn't put more into get Shankland is a fucking mystery to me.

We look even more toothless than when Eeyore was playing.

On 16/10/2018 at 20:14, SpiderDee said:
On 16/10/2018 at 20:11, Fifespud said:
Guy at my work is very friendly with Nelms. He says f**k all usually but when McCall made it clear he wasn’t taking the Thistle job he hinted that there was a reason why, nudge nudge, wink wink.

As long as he brings Shankland with him in January!

On 18/10/2018 at 16:07, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Kerr Waddell would be top of my list to bring back.

And the chequebook out for Shankland.

On 30/11/2018 at 20:45, rodallegabombs said:

We really should have tried harder to get Shankland in the summer.
There’s absolutely no chance we’ll get him in January. Or ever.

6 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Partick 2 goals

ICT 1 goal

Dunfermline 1 goal

Queens 1 goal

Falkirk 1 goal

Alloa 6 goals

Morton 3 goals

Dundee United 5 goals

Ross County 4 goals

Goal v Queens was from the pen spot, He couldn't score in open play against a poor defence in the 4 games..