Dundee United 2019/2020

Theres a really vague rumour on Twitter, from an absolute random, that you've offered him a £200k signing fee aswell.
As much of a "statement" it would be to sign him, I cant help but feel spending that amount of money on a striker who's never performed at a higher level than this is a bit pointless.

£150k I was told. Who knows eh

Alan Nixon confirmed Shankland to Sunderland is off this morning. New DoF being hired and doesnt fancy him.
Hearts and Hibs interest ended after their respective signings of Washington and Doidge.
Rangers interest ended after Nice decided against making an offer for Morelos.
Portsmouth interest ended after signing Ellis Harrison from Ipswich.
The players absolutely fucked himself trying to drag this out to play everyone against each other.

So is this all on twitter? Was on Scott Burns page and didn’t see him mentioning anything about Shankland.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alan Nixon confirmed Shankland to Sunderland is off this morning. New DoF being hired and doesnt fancy him.

Hearts and Hibs interest ended after their respective signings of Washington and Doidge.

Rangers interest ended after Nice decided against making an offer for Morelos.

Portsmouth interest ended after signing Ellis Harrison from Ipswich.

The players absolutely fucked himself trying to drag this out to play everyone against each other.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

So is this all on twitter? Was on Scott Burns page and didn’t see him mentioning anything about Shankland.

It was Alan Nixon who broke the story

Edited by Tannadeechee
Can't type!

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

E48FA4D5-6396-47A2-83A5-EB90DA1629E5-10386-000005DFA5920D2D.jpg

He was offered a deal at Dens never responded and started training with Arbroath. What else does he expect? 

He was a half decent youngster that apparently had too much to say and lost his way. Best of luck to him where ever he ends up.

Edit : just read he was actually on the bench for Arbroath yesterday and has now deleted his Twitter. Some boy, must still be blootered.

Edited by Dele

4 hours ago, Dele said:

He was offered a deal at Dens never responded and started training with Arbroath. What else does he expect? 

He was a half decent youngster that apparently had too much to say and lost his way. Best of luck to him where ever he ends up.

Edit : just read he was actually on the bench for Arbroath yesterday and has now deleted his Twitter. Some boy, must still be blootered.

I would be too if I played for The Fun.

48 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

ANNOUNCE SHANKLAND 

United should make it clear to the player and agent that if no response to the offer made is received by the end off business today then the offer made is withdrawn. 

There is no point waiting and waiting on a response and missing out on more willing signing targets to other clubs. 

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

United should make it clear to the player and agent that if no response to the offer made is received by the end off business today then the offer made is withdrawn. 

There is no point waiting and waiting on a response and missing out on more willing signing targets to other clubs. 

I'm not convinced that giving the guy an ultimatum a full two months before the window closes is the best negotiating strategy, tbf. There will come a point at which it will be counterproductive to wait any longer on a decision but I doubt we're anywhere near that point yet.

Take a breather

Lets be honest if he really wanted to sign he would have by now. He is holding out for an offer from Sunderland, Hull or Portsmouth
Although I probably agree with this, giving him a time limit and ultimatum isn't the answer, at least not publicly anyway.

I have a wee feeling he'll be playing in Scotland next season, but not with us.