Dundee United 2019/2020

4 hours ago, Tonka said:

Not for the want off trying  though!  A massive offer to Shankland I have heard, if true would be one of the best paid players out with the OF.

Id rather we get someone better than Shankland for that money.

Not saying hes shite like, just not worth that. Id guess that would be near the 3 grand a week mark? 

Don't know if anyone has heard any of this, but saw this from a poster on another forum...

"...we are the only club with a concrete offer to Shankland.
there is an offer in for Craig Conway.
second / third hand info that we are interested in Kyle Lafferty.
and Neilson would like Harry Cochrane in (likely a loan)."

If true that could be good regards Shankland, Conway, although 34, is still decent & was offered a contract at Blackburn. He rejected it to play more regularly, has highly thought of there, so could be a goo addition both on and off the field.

Lafferty seems to be less unlikeable than he used to be. Played well for Hearts, but thought the way he left was a bit poor to be honest. Could be decent in Championship but he would have to have a good start as I don't think he'd get much leeway off the support.

Cochrane is an interesting one. We were rumoured to be after him in January too. Seems a good player, has played well in Premiership, but will he continue to get games in Levien's massive squad or would a season with us be of more use in his progression?

Guest DAVIDB69

Never a fan of getting back washed up past it players back in a chance to recreate former “glories” never works , so I hope we don’t get Conway

11 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Id rather we get someone better than Shankland for that money.

Not saying hes shite like, just not worth that. Id guess that would be near the 3 grand a week mark? 

I was surprised by the amount suggested! more than double the 3K mark and a signing on Fee?

I would imagine United have been told "this is what he wants/has been offered elsewhere  if you want him it needs to be X and they have matched it

31 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I was surprised by the amount suggested! more than double the 3K mark and a signing on Fee?

I would imagine United have been told "this is what he wants/has been offered elsewhere  if you want him it needs to be X and they have matched it

Sounds like absolute bollocks.

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Don't know if anyone has heard any of this, but saw this from a poster on another forum...

"...we are the only club with a concrete offer to Shankland.
there is an offer in for Craig Conway.
second / third hand info that we are interested in Kyle Lafferty.
and Neilson would like Harry Cochrane in (likely a loan)."

If true that could be good regards Shankland, Conway, although 34, is still decent & was offered a contract at Blackburn. He rejected it to play more regularly, has highly thought of there, so could be a goo addition both on and off the field.

Lafferty seems to be less unlikeable than he used to be. Played well for Hearts, but thought the way he left was a bit poor to be honest. Could be decent in Championship but he would have to have a good start as I don't think he'd get much leeway off the support.

Cochrane is an interesting one. We were rumoured to be after him in January too. Seems a good player, has played well in Premiership, but will he continue to get games in Levien's massive squad or would a season with us be of more use in his progression?

You mean he’s an utter c**t rather a complete and utter c**t?

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Apparently Ogren put £600,000 into the youth system at Tannidice last week. Seems to be a neglected side of things in recent years? 

It's certainly  not been the focus which is ridiculous given the players we've produced in the last 10 years. 

Good to hear that money is being put into all aspects of the club and not just spunking money on journeymen who aren't capable. 

Another signing for the Bnb's.

No panic yet but I'm thinking we better get the finger out on announcing Gauld, Lafferty, Conway, and Shankland.

Shiting it I see.

Pleasing.

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

No panic yet but I'm thinking we better get the finger out on announcing Gauld, Lafferty, Conway, and Shankland.

Getting quantity is quick and easy,  securing quality is more tricky and takes longer, expecially for a club offering Championship football.

I'd rather we took our time and got a few quality signings rather than splurge out on panic buy shite, as we have done so often in recent years.

As for the Dees, they can't afford to wait like we can due to the major squad rebuild they need.

No panic here....

2 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Another jobber with legs made of glass.

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

:lol:

Your 'big' signing last season (and your hopes this) were Mark Reynolds, Osman Sow and Peter Pawlett for f**k sake. 

They may have had injury problems but at least they’ve come with more pedigree than having a relegation with hibs as the crown jewel on their cv’s.