Dundee United 2019/2020

IMG_4868.thumb.jpg.72bb02fe242ab2e563ead892bd8fe17e.jpg

He’s no longer our player and we’ve all known he was leaving but I’ll be genuinely frustrated if he goes to Dundee Utd.

You’re a far bigger club but he should be testing himself at a higher level. He wiped the floor with this league in the space of 6 months and should be looking at a club down south.

I wish him all the best where he goes but I think he’s taking the easy option if he goes to Dundee Utd.

He’s no longer our player and we’ve all known he was leaving but I’ll be genuinely frustrated if he goes to Dundee Utd.

You’re a far bigger club but he should be testing himself at a higher level. He wiped the floor with this league in the space of 6 months and should be looking at a club down south.

I wish him all the best where he goes but I think he’s taking the easy option if he goes to Dundee Utd.

Seems strange he doesn’t want to jump up to a higher level right now but maybe after speaking with Neilson and Asghar he believes the club will get there soon enough and give him the platform for an even bigger move. We have a track record for doing that after all.

1 minute ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Seems strange he doesn’t want to jump up to a higher level right now but maybe after speaking with Neilson and Asghar he believes the club will get there soon enough and give him the platform for an even bigger move. We have a track record for doing that after all.

I can't get my head around it tbh. I don't want to say it's a lack of ambition as he had a real desire to do well for us and he's clearly made a big jump before and it back fired but he's got to go to a better league while his stock is high.

I don't see it as money either as he's never come across as that kind of guy and I'd be surprised if you're offering the most money. 

I am surprised some of the bigger top flight sides did not decide to make an offer for him teams like Hearts or Hibs for instance and maybe even Killie. 

Obviously having signed Doidge I doubt Hibs will be after another striker, I would have thought Shankland would have been decent for them.  I wonder if he would have any interest in Killie though even with Europa League. 

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

I am surprised some of the bigger top flight sides did not decide to make an offer for him teams like Hearts or Hibs for instance and maybe even Killie. 

Obviously having signed Doidge I doubt Hibs will be after another striker, I would have thought Shankland would have been decent for them.  I wonder if he would have any interest in Killie though even with Europa League. 

For what it's worth he's said more than once he wouldn't go to Killie. Although up until an hour ago I didn't think he'd go to Dundee Utd.

Do you know roughly what kind of wages he was on at Ayr? Take it he was your highest earner by a some margin?

The rumour was Cameron and another director were paying his wages directly out their own pocket. I’d say roughly about a grand a week maybe just higher.

Dundee Utd could probably offer 3 or 4 times that.

Prob on around a grand a week there. If we have offered him say 3k a week that would defo turn his head.

Sunderland won’t be offering less than that. Neither will Portsmouth or any other English team.

For once this is a target that I don’t think Dundee Utd can throw money at. If he signs it’ll not be because of the money.