Dundee United 2019/2020

Oh, ok then.

At this moment in time what's the attraction in joining Utd over any of the teams mentioned?

Must be the all out attacking style of our manager is it?

It's in your blood....any true Arab would choose United over any club, away you and watch whoever you want.......I think Celtic might have a good season, get yersel a TV licence and a comfy armchair !

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our "offer" wouldnt have gone beyond asking if he was interested.

It's just that you said the other week St John Stone had made him a huge offer, one of the highest paid in the clubs history and were saying he was told he'd be first choice striker. 

Now you're saying you only asked if he's interested? 

22 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's just that you said the other week St John Stone had made him a huge offer, one of the highest paid in the clubs history and were saying he was told he'd be first choice striker. 

Now you're saying you only asked if he's interested? 

Did I?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did I?

On 21/04/2019 at 10:42, RandomGuy. said:

Seen a suggestion we've offered Shankland a very decent deal and the promise of being first choice striker, something very few teams have offered him.

Absolutely zero chance we're getting him, before everyone jumps in, but a rumours a rumour.

It was a few months ago you "seen it suggested", but yes. Yes you did. 

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

It was a few months ago you "seen it suggested", but yes. Yes you did. 

Oh. Well, I must talk absolute shite.

I'm sure everyone is stunned to find this out.

Been a few videos of training posted on United’s Twitter but find it strange they've not bothered doing any sort of interview with Neilson. 

Someone asked this the other day on Twitter and ArabZone said that interviews will start appearing towards the end of the week.

United are still advertising for someone to work on their media content team. Hopefully to replace the current/previous chap who did the interviews because, let's be honest, he was a bit shit. 

Edit: Although looking at it more closely it appears that the new bod will be covering the academy, reserve and women's team. So we can probably expect more of the same: ehh, Dave, what was it ehh, which attracted you eh, to want to eh play for eh United and eh can you eh tell the eh United eh fans eh like, eh what sort of like eh player eh eh ehhh ...

Edited by Pull My Strings

It's in your blood....any true Arab would choose United over any club, away you and watch whoever you want.......I think Celtic might have a good season, get yersel a TV licence and a comfy armchair !
Wow. What a p***k.

Not one of the in gang or a regular poster so get this thrown at me?

Mature.

I've got to side with Jock Tamson here. 

It's unrealistic to suggest a supporter of a club who is also a professional footballer would sign for that club, rejecting better financial offers elsewhere.  The fact is, if he is a professional, he would be looking to take advantage of his short term skill set to maximise his earnings. As an example, a Championship side in England would offer far better long term financial stability than a Championship side in Scotland, to a professional footballer.

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Nonetheless, it appears Shankland has been offered a contract at Tannadice, and he is seriously considering it.

I heard Sunderland was more or less a done deal.

40 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Been a few videos of training posted on United’s Twitter but find it strange they've not bothered doing any sort of interview with Neilson. 

Apparently they’ve rehearsed a few but are having problems editing out the fist pumps.

Anyway we are signing Shankland and Imrie tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Given what I wrote earlier, that should be his logical choice, if it is between the two.

I wouldn't disagree and I'm sure very few would (notwithstanding the gentle tickling of Jock by some earlier) but it's worth noting that Sunderland are still a League One team and an absolute basket case of a club. More so even than us.

No doubt they'd still be offering multiples of what we could afford.

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I heard Sunderland was more or less a done deal.

Was reading a bit about the current Sunderland situation last night. Seemingly withe take over and proposed changes, there may not be any signings made until thats all finalised, whenever that may happen.

Edited by Tannadeechee