Dundee United 2019/2020

12 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Is this a certainty or a bit of hopefull thinking.  I cant help but shake off the feeling that he will end up down south.

Given his scoring record I would obviously lover for him to sign up.

Yes. You've been, massively, outbid by Aberdeen, Charlton, Hearts, Hibs, Portsmouth, and Sunderland, but hes decided to pick the lowest offer from the team in Scotlands second tier, he starts training with you tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. You've been, massively, outbid by Aberdeen, Charlton, Hearts, Hibs, Portsmouth, and Sunderland, but hes decided to pick the lowest offer from the team in Scotlands second tier, he starts training with you tomorrow.

Source?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was United's offer better than St Johnstone' s then? 

20 minutes ago, Dele said:

Was United's offer better than St Johnstone' s then? 

Our "offer" wouldnt have gone beyond asking if he was interested.

Not convinced Shankland is Dundee United class  but prepared to give him a chance.

Surely giving him a trial for pre-season would be the best route. Playing with quality players like Yannick Loemba and Osman Sow night bring out the best in him, something the players at Ayr never managed to do unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Oh, ok then.

At this moment in time what's the attraction in joining Utd over any of the teams mentioned?

Must be the all out attacking style of our manager is it?

Are you asking for Shankland or for you? Because I was responding to you saying you wouldn't join United, even though you are a "United man". If you are then you would join United regardless.

Glad to clear that up.

Are you asking for Shankland or for you? Because I was responding to you saying you wouldn't join United, even though you are a "United man". If you are then you would join United regardless.
Glad to clear that up.
Now you're just being silly and facetious.

I'll clear it up for you though. If I was Shankland, and I had offers from the teams mentioned, Utd would be the last place I would go.

From his previous posts it looks like this chap supports a team in Broughty Ferry. Does Broughty Ferry have a team of some description?
Jesus f**k, this is hard work.

I'm an ex season ticket holder at Tannadice. Gave up going regularly around 5/6 years ago due to work commitments. I still go, just not every week. I'm assuming that's ok to pick and choose my games is it?

I also watch Broughty Athletic because my house is about a 4 minute walk away. Is this ok?

34 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

I'm an ex season ticket holder at Tannadice. Gave up going regularly around 5/6 years ago due to work commitments. I still go, just not every week. I'm assuming that's ok to pick and choose my games is it?

I also watch Broughty Athletic because my house is about a 4 minute walk away. Is this ok?

You don't need my permission, Jock. You watch whatever you like.

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

The good old “work commitments” excuse. 😂