Dundee United 2019/2020

Can't believe the negativity from our fans. 

The constant "wheres a signing" comments are wearing thin. When did it become the norm that clubs must sign AND announce a bunch of players buy the 1st week in June or their peeing about? Bring back the days of 1988 when the ONLY pre season signings were Raphael Meade and Mio Krivocapic! 

United will bring in 5 players (might be 4) we HAVE signed 3(Reynolds, Sporle and Smith). 

This approach is to be welcomed, working quietly in the background to get the RIGHT players. No announcements until player signs. 

Also the complaints of "FFS United we haven't got a strip and first game is days away". We do, just because WE haven't seen it doesn't mean United haven't got it.  It will be announced in due course. I believe it was delayed due to the deal being delayed in being signed due to the new regime. 

In other words, calm down, save.the coronary for the first time this season's boo boy misses a pass by 5mm.

Edited by Tannadeechee

22 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

The constant "wheres a signing" comments are wearing thin. When did it become the norm that clubs must sign AND announce a bunch of players buy the 1st week in June or their peeing about? Bring back the days of 1988 when the ONLY pre season signings were Raphael Meade and Mio Krivocapic! 

United will bring in 5 players (might be 4) we HAVE signed 3(Reynolds, Sporle and Smith). 

This approach is to be welcomed, working quietly in the background to get the RIGHT players. No announcements until player signs. 

Also the complaints of "FFS United we haven't got a strip and first game is days away". We do, just because WE haven't seen it doesn't mean United haven't got it.  It will be announced in due course. I believe it was delayed due to the deal being delayed in being signed due to the new regime. 

In other words, calm down, save.the coronary for the first time this season's boo boy misses a pass by 5mm.

Slight overreaction to 1 (one) post moaning about a lack of signings. 

There’s also been a delay in kits due to the shop being completely refurbished and the start of our ‘in-house’ commercial department.

7 minutes ago, coppola said:

Slight overreaction to 1 (one) post moaning about a lack of signings. 

Not just here. The Twitter comments and the idiots on Facebook are diabolical. There also have been comments  over the last we while over no signings.

It was a general complaint, as a United fan I do not only see what is written here.

Aye Facebook and Twitter have been ridiculous for the moaning about lack of signings. 

This close season seems to have been particularly bad for it. 

I'm as eager as any to see the new strip and if we get any new faces in. But tbh I'm more hopeful some young talent from the youth set up gets a chance this year too. 

Good to see Wardrop has started preseason as well, obviously Smith is first choice but he might get some games and prove to be able back up. 

35 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Aye, I agree, but it's mostly just boredom I think. 

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Also to the add the striker signing this week is Shankland 🙄🤣

Is this a certainty or a bit of hopefull thinking.  I cant help but shake off the feeling that he will end up down south.

Given his scoring record I would obviously lover for him to sign up.

4 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Is this a certainty or a bit of hopefull thinking.  I cant help but shake off the feeling that he will end up down south.

Given his scoring record I would obviously lover for him to sign up.

Mate I'm taking the piss please stop. Every time I post you bite on the Shankland jossing 🤣

Calm down eh. Would be good to get a wee bit excitement building. Thats the only point I was making.

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Not just here. The Twitter comments and the idiots on Facebook are diabolical. There also have been comments  over the last we while over no signings.

It was a general complaint, as a United fan I do not only see what is written here.

Can't believe social media has turned out to be populated by hyperbolic belters. 

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

tumblr_inline_pfp1sb0jLV1t0icd2_540.gif

49 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Calm down eh. Would be good to get a wee bit excitement building. Thats the only point I was making.

I am perfectly calm. No point building excitment for the sake of excitement.

A new season brings its own excitement,the unknown of how its going to go. We have preseason games coming up, then th BetFred.

It maybe because I'm older, and couldn't give two shits about the strip other than I hope it's not crap, maybe it's because I can't stand this cynical, all about the money, new strip every single year.  Maybe its because I had the chance to grow up in an era that fans had more to judge teams by than how many players they signed irrespective of quality.

We started preseason today, our 1st competitive game is 18 days away, our first league game is 40 days away. The last 1 or 2 signings will come,  we maybe having to wait on our 1st choices, better that than rush into a 2nd or 3rd choice as they could sign now.

40 minutes ago, coppola said:

Can't believe social media has turned out to be populated by hyperbolic belters. 

I assume you mean me by that. If not sorry misread you.

There have been posts here every other day about where are our signings. 

There have been Twitter posts on United's tweets "we haven't even got strips yet".

Post on other forums,FB,  Twitter etc. Complaining that we haven't signed at least a handful of players yet, but "team X,Y or Z have signed blah, blah, blah".

Patience, they are coming, we are.doing it right, trying to get the right attitude, not just ability. Our support is full of these "belters" though. We'll see what the following weeks bring.

On 14/06/2019 at 09:30, Loemba90 said:

Also heard Deniz may be back to do pre season with united, not sure if it’s with a view to signing or just for fitness

He’s back training with utd right enough.  If he’s fit, he’ll do for back up.

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

I assume you mean me by that. If not sorry misread you.

There have been posts here every other day about where are our signings. 

There have been Twitter posts on United's tweets "we haven't even got strips yet".

Post on other forums,FB,  Twitter etc. Complaining that we haven't signed at least a handful of players yet, but "team X,Y or Z have signed blah, blah, blah".

Patience, they are coming, we are.doing it right, trying to get the right attitude, not just ability. Our support is full of these "belters" though. We'll see what the following weeks bring.

I didn't mean you. I meant fans on Twitter and Facebook are, in general, prone to ridiculous amounts of hyperbole. But I also don't believe that those people are a good gauge of the overall mood of our support so I don't agree with your original post stating "Can't believe the negativity of our fans." Mostly people I know are pretty content with how we're progressing this summer.

Re. signings, if you see my post a page or 2 back, I agree with you. I also agree with you about the strip. Provided it's not a total minter I couldn't give a shiny shite what it looks like