Dundee United 2019/2020

1 hour ago, NEFarab said:

Goodwillie will forever be a cup winning hero.

A tarnished one at that though.

Every year we get the Goodwillie talk, "we should sign Goodie", "bring Goodie home" etc. I' d love it put to bed. He wasn't a success when he came back has found his form playing at a far lower level than us, in fact lower than players that are considered to not be able to make the step up. One rule for Goodie one one rule for others.

Also far,far,far to much baggage. The type of baggage I don't want at the club, and I really don't want to hear the moronic element of our suppprt giving it "He does what he wants"

Edited by Tannadeechee

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

A tarnished one at that though.

Every year we get the Goodwillie talk, "we should sign Goodie", "brig Goodie home" etc. I' d love it put to bed. He wasn't a success when he came back has found his form playing at a far lower level than us, in fact lower than players that are considered to not be able to make the step up. One rule for Goodie one one rule for others.

Also far,far,far to much baggage. The type of baggage I don't want at the club, and I really don't want to jear the moronic element of our suppprt giving it "He does what he wants"

tbf @CaspianChris just said expect a couple of surprises tomorrow so I just stated something that would surprise me, I didn’t actually want to sign him.

Edited by NEFarab

tbf [mention=75119]CaspianChris[/mention] just said expect a couple of surprises tomorrow so I just stated something that would surprise me, I didn’t actually want to sign him.

Not a go at you, not all. I agree it would be a surprise. I saw earlier mention of him, and I've seen him mentioned a few times on Twitter. Every year for past 3 years ( to be fair probably longer) someone seems to be calling for him. He was here, he won the cup, he had his time, lets move on and move the club forward.

Again not a go at you@NEFarab and apologies if you felt that.

16 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Not a go at you, not all. I agree it would be a surprise. I saw earlier mention of him, and I've seen him mentioned a few times on Twitter. Every year for past 3 years ( to be fair probably longer) someone seems to be calling for him. He was here, he won the cup, he had his time, lets move on and move the club forward.

Again not a go at you@NEFarab and apologies if you felt that.

Nah I agree, don’t worry.

Even if he didn’t have his problems I still think he is probably past playing at this level. 

44 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

tbf @CaspianChris just said expect a couple of surprises tomorrow so I just stated something that would surprise me, I didn’t actually want to sign him.

Fair enough, I have had enough with people mentioning it every window though.  Personally between having his best days at a higher level in the past and the unwanted off field issues that have plagued him in recent years I would not be impressed to see him return.

50 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Also far,far,far to much baggage. The type of baggage I don't want at the club, and I really don't want to hear the moronic element of our suppprt giving it "He does what he wants"

I agree totally with this in particularly and that "He does what he wants" is highly embarrassing and should be totally scrapped. 

I'm assuming that this mini-clamour for signings is somewhat tongue-in-cheek; but if not, there's no need to be getting antsy about lack of signings right now imo.

We signed a basically a new squad over January, and while we didn't close the gap on County, we did more or less keep pace with them in the season's second half. We've also already had a player signed on pre-contract for next year.

The only major addition to my mind we need is a replacement for Safranko, but we should take our time over that and get the right player in.

It's not as if the other teams in the league have done all their business and we're the only team scrabbling around to catch up.

There is still plenty of time for us to get the signings we need in.

46 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I'm assuming that this mini-clamour for signings is somewhat tongue-in-cheek; but if not, there's no need to be getting antsy about lack of signings right now imo.

We signed a basically a new squad over January, and while we didn't close the gap on County, we did more or less keep pace with them in the season's second half. We've also already had a player signed on pre-contract for next year.

The only major addition to my mind we need is a replacement for Safranko, but we should take our time over that and get the right player in.

It's not as if the other teams in the league have done all their business and we're the only team scrabbling around to catch up.

Yup! I'd rather we were quiet and made a few solid signings than got pish in just for the sake of it. 

And like you said we kept pace with County in the second half of the season. No reason to think the current team couldn't do that from the start of this season and keep it up. 

New striker and a quality midfielder and we will be fine. Anything more than that will be even better. 

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

True, Robbie, as he said at the Q&A, is only looking for 5 players. We've got Liam Smith already and from reports Adrian Sporle.  That leaves only another 3 to come in. If I remember rightly, they want the players in by the BetFred Cup so they are all ready to go.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are just waiting on players (Sporle) getting sorted back at home and over here before official announcement. Not at all worried (honest). Would just be nice having some news and something to stimulate some discussion, the withdrawal symptoms are kicking in 

Edited by Tannadeechee

12 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Regarding fixtures, it may be that (according to supporters who are ITK) all Dundee derbies are to be played on Friday nights.

Better than a Sunday.

This has been posted on the Dundee thread and on the other Dundee forum. 

Pish, if true.