Dundee United 2019/2020

Sum fucking boi!

Well done son. Fair fucks. How many promising young Scots have been swallowed whole by the English Leagues?

First scot to lift the Champions League Trophy in over 20 years, and head and shoulders above the rest.

NINTCHDBPICT000494481887.jpg

Edited by MacArab

Sum fucking boi!
Well done son. Fair fucks. How many promising young Scots have been swallowed whole by the English Leagues?
First scot to lift the Champions League Trophy in over 20 years, and head and shoulders above the rest.

NINTCHDBPICT000494481887.jpg.3d83c99579c8acbfdca11d6909e9896a.jpg

Darren Fletcher won it in 2008.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Darren Fletcher won it in 2008.

Apologies D'jaffo.

You're right. Fletcher was an unused sub in 2008.

In which case... Well done Andy for playing a pivotal 90 minutes in your team's champions league final triumph tonight.

I say this as a proud Scot as well as a proud Arab.....

Apologies D'jaffo.
You're right. Fletcher was an unused sub in 2008.
In which case... Well done Andy for playing a pivotal 90 minutes in your team's champions league final triumph tonight.
I say this as a proud Scot as well as a proud Arab.....

That’s better

On 29/05/2019 at 19:04, Granny Danger said:

I’m not opposed to 4-2-3-1 per se but there are caveats:

1. You have to bring in the players who can play that system; the right sort of striker(s) being key.  I thought Safranko did brilliantly given that he would have been much better as part of a two but we need to target someone who is genuinely suited to a lone striker role.

Some of the best football I witnessed by a United team in recent times was Armstrong, McKay-Stevens and Gould playing behind Ciftci; absolutely wonderful to watch and highly effective.  I’m not saying we will get players of that calibre again but we must have players suited to a manager’s preferred formation.

I feel you also need high quality (for the division) full backs to get consistent and effective performances using that system. I assume you had Andy Robertson in the period you mention? I'm not sure that's the case with Yinited at the moment? Maybe Wallace is still on the radar? Right back seems a need once the transfer window is flung open.

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I feel you also need high quality (for the division) full backs to get consistent and effective performances using that system. I assume you had Andy Robertson in the period you mention? I'm not sure that's the case with Yinited at the moment? Maybe Wallace is still on the radar? Right back seems a need once the transfer window is flung open.

Are we writing off Smith already before he has even arrived from Ayr? 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought you lads had 4 signings to announce regardless of the play off result?

Patience. I'm sure they are all off just enjoying their holidays at the moment. I'm sure once they have returned from Ibiza/Magaluf we will see a flurry of activity.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought you lads had 4 signings to announce regardless of the play off result?

To be fair, they all had a big game to play last night. Announcing them before the game would have been more unprofessional than usual.

12 minutes ago, Dele said:

The quicker you cut all ties with Pawlett, the better. 

How so?

While he has been piss poor, there is a player in there and maybe with a preseason behind him we may see the form that we know he is capable of hitting. 

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Loemba, Barton, Rabitsch the obvious few.

Would be ok with Aird, Frans & Stanton leaving too. On the fence re Robson & Booth.

Willing to wait until a new season to see what Pawlett & Sow can offer.

Yeah that’s going to be fascinating.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I believe the suggestion was that there were four who had agreed to sign irrespective of the play off outcome. Possibly a little early to be calling that one out.