Wardrop
Frans
Loemba
Barton
Aird
Pawlett

Any other suggestions?

Aye, Neilson. 

I might be in a tiny minority on this but am happy to get it on record.

Also I am not convinced that Sow will do anything for us.  I hope I am wrong because Neilson will continue to play him come hell or high water.

To be fair, I'm closer to GD's thinking on Robbie Neilson than many other United fans. 

His decision making in the play-off final matches has me doubting him, while realising he's not had a whole lot of matches at the club to this point. Sort of half hoping that the Killie rumours would have some truth on Sunday night there.

6 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Can we all stipulate that Granny wants the manager sacked and then we can move on to new business. All in favour say Aye.

Yeah I’ve made my position clear, I won’t keep repeating it.

I will take this opportunity to remind you that at the beginning of the 18/19 season you were one of the posters who was arguing that Laszlo deserved more time.  How did that work out?

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I’ve made my position clear, I won’t keep repeating it.

I will take this opportunity to remind you that at the beginning of the 18/19 season you were one of the posters who was arguing that Laszlo deserved more time.  How did that work out?

That's just the dementia messing with your head, I'm afraid.

19th March 2018.

23rd July 2018.

Anyway, glad to hear that you won't be banging on about it all summer. 

14 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

First on the agenda.

Punt or keep:

Punt:
Connolly
Booth
Wardrop
Frans
Loemba
Barton
Aird
Pawlett

Of that list we will keep Connolly and Pawlett for sure, both players Neilson clearly rates. I think we might also keep Booth and Frans as squad players.

I think we might be looking at  - 

GK - Signing, Siegrist

RB - Smith, Watson

CB - Reynolds, Connolly, Bouhenna, Frans

LB - Signing, Booth

CM - Butcher, Harkes, Signing

CAM - Smith, Signing

Wingers - McMullan, Pawlett, Robson, Signing

Strikers - Sow, Clarke, Signing

That's five new players plus potentially the departure of Wardrop, Barton, Stanton, Rabistch, Aird and Loemba (plus the few that we already know about). 

I think I'd want at least two new strikers. Not convinced by Sow but, in any event, we need to have more attacking options. For the other positions, I suppose it depends to an extent on how good some of the younger guys are. Glass seemed to be pretty close to making the breakthrough last summer and Banks got rave reviews at Clyde. Young Chris Mochrie is apparently very highly rated.

Guest DAVIDB69

Betfred cup draw today Hearts , east fife, Cowdenbeath , Stenhousemuir watch us not take it seriously again and treat them as part of pre season

What dog did Booth kill for people to want him gone?

He's a perfectly fine Left Back. a 6/10. If we bring someone else at that position (which we should, since Robson has proved that he's better further up the field) we should at least keep him as back-up.

Is 6/10 good enough for a team aiming to win the division, even as a back-up? If we're keeping Robson and bringing in a first choice left back then I'm not convinced that there's any need for Booth. I'm not particularly against him staying but I don't think he's any better than Robson at full back, who has also shown that he can make a contribution in two positions. If we were to keep only one, I'd keep Robson.

On 29/05/2019 at 13:05, Shandon Par said:

Clear run at the title for you lot at last? Maybe Morton the dark horses to mess things up for you? 

In all honesty, it's gonna be the same way it always has.

Opposition fan: "Think United will walk the league this year."

*later*

Opposition fan: "United aren't as good as they think they are, we can beat them."

*later*

Opposition fan: "lol United are shite. How the f**k did they think they would win the league with this rabble?"

Edited by Accent-Unknown

57 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I all honesty, it's gonna the same way it always has.

Opposition fan: "Think United will walk the league this year."

*later*

Opposition fan: "United aren't as good as they think they are, we can beat them."

*later*

Opposition fan: "lol United are shite. How the f**k did they think they would win the league with this rabble?"

One of these years we will walk the league though. Surely.

Whether we all live long enough to see it is another matter.