2019/2020 Predictor Championship.

Yes, I know it is far too early for predictions but I thought I'd create the thread as I'll be totalling how good everyone has done.

Also a few rules to make it easier for me counting results at the end of next season:-

• Your first prediction is the prediction you will be marked on HOWEVER you can edit that prediction as long as it is before the first Ladbrokes Premiership fixture of the 2019/2020 season. (Please do not post a prediction twice.)
  • Predictions after the kick off of the first Ladbrokes Premiership fixture will not be marked.
  • Predictions edited after the kick off of the first Ladbrokes Premiership fixture will also not be marked.
  • Method of scoring will be 0 points for every spot on placed prediction and 1 point for every position off from your prediction given.
  • This will be 2019/2020 Ladbrokes Premiership predictions ONLY.
  • NOTE First Premiership fixture is 03/08/2019 unless it's brought forward for TV then it'll be 02/08/2019.

EXAMPLE:-

2018/2019 Prediction:-

1. Celtic [0] (Correct guess so 0 Points)
  2. Rangers [0]
  3. Kilmarnock [0]
  4. Aberdeen [0]
  5. Heart of Midlothian [1] (1 point because Hearts finished 6th instead of 5th.)
  6. Hibernian [1]
  7. Motherwell [1]
  8. St Johnstone [1]
  9. Dundee [3] (3 points because Dundee finished 12th instead of 9th, which is 3 places off.)
  10. St Mirren [1]
  11. Hamilton Academical [1]
  12. Livingston [3] 

= 12 Points (The closer to 0 the better your prediction was)

Unfortunately the only prize is honour:-

2017/2018 Champion = @billyg

2018/2019 Joint Champions = @Im_Rodger, @Ya Bezzer!, @ATLIS & @Southside Hibee

2019/2020 Champion = ?

Note that the teams participating in the 2019/2020 Ladbrokes Premiership are:-

• Aberdeen
  • Celtic
  • Hamilton Academical
  • Heart of Midlothian
  • Hibernian
  • Kilmarnock
  • Livingston
  • Motherwell
  • Rangers
  • Ross County
  • St Johnstone
  • St Mirren

Good Luck all. 

Edited by Im_Rodger

1. Celtic

2. Rangers. 

3. Aberdeen. 

4. Hibernian.

5. Hearts of Midlothian. 

6. Motherwell. 

7. St Johnstone. 

8. Kilmarnock. 

9. St Mirren. 

10. Ross County. 

11. Hamilton. 

12. Livingston. 

Far too early for this, so I'll keep my powder dry just now.

Not convinced theres a clear relegation candidate. County will be better than Dundee next season (I'd expect theyd have rinsed them this season), and St Mirren and Hamilton both improving under new managers. Not sure about Livingston due to players they've lost, but theres absolutely no way I'm writing them off based on that, the way they play will always get them plenty of wins. Our form at points maybe points to us joining it, but TW is far too good a manager for that and the squad, which is being kept together, had us challenging for the top half all season.

1. Celtic
  2. Rangers
  3. Hibs
  4. Aberdeen
  5. Hearts
  6. Motherwell
  7. Kilmarnock
  8. St Johnstone
  9. Ross County
  10. St Mirren
  11. Hamilton
  12. Livingston

I reserve the right to go back and edit this depending on how well teams do in the summer transfer window.

1. Celtic 
2. Rangers
3. Aberdeen
4. Hibs
5. Hearts
6. Motherwell
7. Kilmarnock
8. Ross County
9. Livingstone
10. St. Johnstone
11. Hamilton
12. St. Mirren

Edited by Ron Aldo

I'll do an early round of predictions but update them as recruitment progresses but as of what we have now here is what I think

1. Celtic - Still the strongest side and over 38 games the cream will rise to the top

2. Rangers - Making slow progress, will see how the recruit but last summer was the first decent transfer window in the club's history so we will see if they can further improve

3. Aberdeen - Was worried for them when key players left but so far the replacements look very good, I

4. Hibernian - Was really impressed by their improvement under Heckingbottom and they have a very solid core of players.  

5. Heart of Midlothian - The addition of Halkett will improve an already solid back 4, if they can keep Souttar then a back 3 of Souttar, Halkett, and Berra will be very strong back line

6. Kilmarnock - Losing Steve Clarke is a massive blow and Alessio doesn't appear to be able to get the same out of a mid-table squad, at least judging by their European shitemare. 

7. Motherwell, if they can keep most of their young core (that they haven't already lost) then they should be good for a solid mid table finish, good recruitment could see them challenge for a top 6 but I can't see them being better than Killie

8. Ross County.  They still have a solid group of players from their last season in the Premiership, I think they will be fine

9. Hamilton Academical.  I have learned not to predict Hamilton to go down, they continue to produce some decent players and recruit enough to stay up

10. St. Johnstone.  Can't score and the solid core is aging and not being adequately replaced.  Don't think they will go down but it could be a long season in Perth

11. Livingston.  Livi's main strength last year was a solid defensive core but the loss of Halkett and Gallagher will hurt so they will fall back to earth

12. St. Mirren.  At the moment I think they have the worst squad in the league, they were only saved last season by Dundee's incredible ineptitude but realistically the squad I see is Championship calibre, so far the League Cup has shown this team is in trouble

Edited by senorsoupe

A lot of people over estimating Hibs and Ross County, while simultaneously under rating Aberdeen and St Johnstone, IMO.