2019/20 Challenge Cup

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Wright (U21s) + Patterson (U19s) been called-up; but every round except SFs are international weekends.

Is it correct only S4C have taken-up their rights for this round?

Yeah, the only televised game is Connah's Quay Nomads v Cove Rangers on Saturday at 5:15pm on S4C.

21 minutes ago, gogsy said:

According to the Solihull Moors forum looks like they might or might not be sending a reserve team, rumours are manager cant be arsed turning up for the game and they are flying to and from Edinburgh on the Saturday.

No doubt they would just get away with it if they didn't turn up!

6 hours ago, gogsy said:

According to the Solihull Moors forum looks like they might or might not be sending a reserve team, rumours are manager cant be arsed turning up for the game and they are flying to and from Edinburgh on the Saturday.

They are travelling up by plane on the Saturday morning and back down after game.

14 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I can't contain my excitement but if we somehow win on Saturday I will open up a Tunnock's tea cake just in case.

It’s the Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup. They seem quite specific about that. I feel the Teacake is winning the battle, though. Poor old Caramel Wafer.

Solihull are flying up and down on the day, and their manager says it's the 6.5hr effort involved for fans getting there and back that overrode his view it was a distraction they didn't need.

He went as far as to say "do we want to be in the Scottish Challenge Cup? No. It is what is is".

Wrexham's manager says "it is a bit of a distraction... we will make changes and it might be good to introduce some of the youth players which was always in the back of my mind".

Meanwhile the Waterford manager says "I am sorry we entered this cup now" and warns it may end-up their schoolboys against Hearts 'B' tonight.

Great to see the foreign sides really buying into the tournament as they enter the fray...

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Solihull are flying up and down on the day, and their manager says it's the 6.5hr effort involved for fans getting there and back that overrode his view it was a distraction they didn't need.

He went as far as to say "do we want to be in the Scottish Challenge Cup? No. It is what is is".

Wrexham's manager says "it is a bit of a distraction... we will make changes and it might be good to introduce some of the youth players which was always in the back of my mind".

Meanwhile the Waterford manager says "I am sorry we entered this cup now" and warns it may end-up their schoolboys against Hearts 'B' tonight.

Great to see the foreign sides really buying into the tournament as they enter the fray...

Cross border competition is the aim, not entertainment or value for money.

Bar a good day out for the troops who go everywhere (me in the past), there really is nothing of value in adding the non Scottish clubs.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Why are they in it then ?

Is it their Chairmen that have forced the issue ? and if so why, as I don't believe the cash incentives are that great ??

Being honest I can take it or leave it myself, however I do see it as quite exciting playing against teams from other countries / leagues which then gives you the chance to assess where your club stands in the greater cross border picture.

Having said that, it only works if the teams involved are intending on going full strength otherwise it makes a complete mockery of it all.

I'm travelling down to Wrexham myself in the morning but I'm under no illusions that it will be half of their reserves / youths playing against half of our fringe / youths.

Still, it will hopefully be a good night out in Chester, if nothing else........................

7 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s the Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup. They seem quite specific about that. I feel the Teacake is winning the battle, though. Poor old Caramel Wafer.

Thanks for the official title and whilst I like both, the Tea cake is more to my taste.  I did get a free one to share at the Hamilton game so I suppose I am conflicted. Looking forward to 1.00 kick off and an evening curry.

Waterford 3-1 Hearts 'B'

Of the 17 players stripped for Waterford's league game last weekend only 4 were in the matchday 17 tonight (single starter from last week and trio of subs including 'keeper) so it appears their manager followed through with his threat.

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Have the freebies been chucked now the big teams are involved?

From the Clyde match preview:

MATCHDAY INFORMATION

Kick-off: 3pm

Tunnock's Sponsorship: Sponsorship of this game will include the distribution of the iconic Tunnock's Caramel Wafers at the turnstiles, while stocks last.

Yet there’s one or two on here determined to make a case for them being part of a Scottish club competition. They no more deserve to be part of this than the colts....

Yet there’s one or two on here determined to make a case for them being part of a Scottish club competition. They no more deserve to be part of this than the colts.... 

You want juniors even though they’re not even part of the SPFL, sit down you melt.