2019/20 Challenge Cup

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 18:58, roman_bairn said:

I’d much rather they got rid of all the non Scottish and Colt sides and brought in the better HL, LL and Junior sides. Some great away games and interesting rivalries between local junior and senior sides could form..

Imagine thinking Juniors clubs would be more appealing that non-Scottish sides. Aside from the fact Juniors should be no where near any SPFL competition. Good shout though, apart from everything you have said.

Imagine thinking Juniors clubs would be more appealing that non-Scottish sides. Aside from the fact Juniors should be no where near any SPFL competition. Good shout though, apart from everything you have said.

Funny, last time I looked, the clubs you dismiss are in the Scottish Cup....

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What relevance does that have? We have an amateur team in the Scottish Cup as well, should be invite a load of them into the Challenge Cup too?

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

All of the big clubs in the East are gone, the West is rapidly losing out to the LL - why invite these clubs from a dead "grade" into a senior competition? 

What relevance does that have? We have an amateur team in the Scottish Cup as well, should be invite a load of them into the Challenge Cup too?

Why are they deemed good enough to play in our premier cup competition but not our lower grade contest?
Ask Ayr how much of an impact these teams can make? A damn site more than Connahs Quay Nomads that’s for sure.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why are they deemed good enough to play in our premier cup competition but not our lower grade contest?
Ask Ayr how much of an impact these teams can make? A damn site more than Connahs Quay Nomads that’s for sure.

Do you still think Camelon Juniors are actually a Junior team by any chance?

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It isn't about being deemed good enough, Junior football is on it's arse with a handful of teams that aren't woeful. They operate a completely different system for disciplinary, for registration and everything that goes with it. I would bin them out the Scottish Cup as well, fwiw.

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

They are only in the Scottish Cup because they are invited by the SFA as the top clubs of the Junior FA and each of the regions. They are not the top clubs in the pyramid system outside of the SPFL so they don't get invited to the Challenge Cup like the Highland and Lowland League.

What you probably mean is "they should invite West Junior clubs" (given all the good East Junior clubs are now senior) - but why should they be invited as they aren't involved in the pyramid or club licensing? Games would be kicking off at 18:45 as most don't have lights...

And you picked the worst example possible, given that CQN beat Kilmarnock last month...

Roman bairn getting absolutely ragdolled by all comers as usual I see.
source.gif&key=4c0103e17672a94815c90c2f2e5251a6921c23e855a00dc8c2d254d13c1338c9

Usual flailing and hitting out, virgin after getting seriously ragdolled in the Falkirk thread? [emoji16]
Think there’s a difference of views re whether non Scottish clubs are good for the challenge cup. I don’t think so, others do. That’s fair enough in my book.

They are only in the Scottish Cup because they are invited by the SFA as the top clubs of the Junior FA and each of the regions. They are not the top clubs in the pyramid system outside of the SPFL so they don't get invited to the Challenge Cup like the Highland and Lowland League.

What you probably mean is "they should invite West Junior clubs" (given all the good East Junior clubs are now senior) - but why should they be invited as they aren't involved in the pyramid or club licensing? Games would be kicking off at 18:45 as most don't have lights...

And you picked the worst example possible, given that CQN beat Kilmarnock last month...

I didn’t think my initial post suggested exclusively Junior Clubs, nor mentioned specific clubs either. In fact criteria wasn’t even mentioned either[emoji16]

I suggested HL, LL and Junior clubs.

Appreciate there may be specific challenges, but probably nothing of the farcical nature of Bohemians.

The fact that CQN beat Kilmarnock is not relevant as we know already these clubs are capable of competing. They still bring nothing of much value to the competition imo....

You cited the Scottish Cup as an example of the joonyurs already being allowed to take part in an SPFL competition, even though it is quite obviously run by the SFA instead. Your views on the matter were autofiled in the bin where they belong after that point. 

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I didn’t think my initial post suggested exclusively Junior Clubs, nor mentioned specific clubs either. In fact criteria wasn’t even mentioned eitheremoji16.png

Appreciate there may be specific challenges, but probably nothing of the farcical nature of Bohemians.

The fact that CQN beat Kilmarnock is not relevant as we know already these clubs are capable of competing. They still bring nothing of much value to the competition imo....

Your post said "the better HL, LL and Junior sides" - there's 17 and 16 tier 5 clubs before we even get to the Juniors, so just how big is this competition going to be?

You also said these teams can "make a damn site more impact than CQN" - yet CQN beat a Premiership team, not sure what more of an impact can be made than that in the Challenge Cup...

Your post said "the better HL, LL and Junior sides" - there's 17 and 16 tier 5 clubs before we even get to the Juniors, so just how big is this competition going to be?
You also said these teams can "make a damn site more impact than CQN" - yet CQN beat a Premiership team, not sure what more of an impact can be made than that in the Challenge Cup...

Jeez, some people seem determined to score a cheap point.
I don’t believe that CQN beating anyone in a Scottish competition makes any impact anywhere in Scotland. Who really gives a f**k?
However, when a non league club upsets a professional side it usually makes headlines....however small it might be in Challenge Cup terms.....

You cited the Scottish Cup as an example of the joonyurs already being allowed to take part in an SPFL competition, even though it is quite obviously run by the SFA instead. Your views on the matter were autofiled in the bin where they belong after that point. 

I don’t know why I bothered taking you off ignore as all you do is bore everyone senseless with your monotonous drivel.
I’m going to file you in the same bin as my post apparently lies....[emoji23]

20 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I didn’t think my initial post suggested exclusively Junior Clubs, nor mentioned specific clubs either. In fact criteria wasn’t even mentioned eitheremoji16.png

Juniors refuse to take part in the pyramid and continue this artificial divide that is harming Scottish football. It's no wonder why there is so much opposition to your poor suggestion.

Yeah, the Junior teams can fuck off.  They're  members of a completely separate football association and shouldn't be part of the SFA's cup.

If they want to be a part of it then they can join the SFA.  

Jesus, how is this chump still managing to make an 'argument' for the Juniors here.

I, for one, cant wait to be drawn away to Lesmahagow in the first round of the Challenge Cup. The publicity a game like that would get would be something special.