Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A decent enough draw for the Mo in a competition which doesn't set the heather on fire.

The very good thing about it is that Partick Thistle are the only ones of the current SPFL clubs the Mo have never played in any sort of Cup competition so 7/Sept will be a mini-momentous occasion. Ok maybe not like landing a man on the moon but a decent wee stat eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think this is true. Rhyl is slightly further away than Wrexham.

Depends on how you interpret it. Rhyl is further north, so as the crow flies it is definitely closer to Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AuAl said:

We will have travelled further than killie did....

Killie to Rhyl 287 miles. Ayr to Wrexham 247 miles. I wonder if Ayr will take the 3000 Killie did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depends on how you interpret it. Rhyl is further north, so as the crow flies it is definitely closer to Scotland.
I have lived down here for years, Rhyl is further away than Wrexham in road miles. Work commitments permitting, I will be teaching my old Wrecsam work colleagues some new songs that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killie to Rhyl 287 miles. Ayr to Wrexham 247 miles. I wonder if Ayr will take the 3000 Killie did?

Would be pretty embarrassing for Killie if we even took close to that considering that game was one of the biggest in your clubs history.

It’s the fucking biscuit cup we’re playing in here so it’s hardly a special occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Ok maybe not like landing a man on the moon but a decent wee stat eh?

Insert "similar atmosphere" joke here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

The very good thing about it is that Partick Thistle are the only ones of the current SPFL clubs the Mo have never played in any sort of Cup competition

😨Been in the league 90-odd years - on and off - and never drawn against Partick in anything? Ever? You know your stuff, so I'm not doubting you. Even if you're discounting League Cup groups - generally done on a "1st Division groups" and "2nd Division groups" basis in days of yore, so the clubs wouldn't have been able to meet in the group stage most years - that defies probability.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the west curve said:

Killie to Rhyl 287 miles. Ayr to Wrexham 247 miles. I wonder if Ayr will take the 3000 Killie did?

I'd be more worried about Cove Rangers dispatching the Nomads then anything else if I was you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 all Championship ties as well.  They aren't even trying to hide it are they.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd be more worried about Cove Rangers dispatching the Nomads then anything else if I was you.
Cove Rangers putting out Nomads wouldn't make our result any more embarrassing than it always was. We already know they're League 2 level junk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this competition is fantastic with all the foreign sides in it. It’s just these fucking colts ruining it and I wish like pretty much everyone else that they would get punted. The cup gives the fans a fantastic opportunity to go on some brilliant away days. Richard Gordon and his chums on Sportsound hate it but they are failing to see it from a supporters point of view.

Ayr away to Wrexham is the tie of the round for me. Tremendous away day for the honest men and a great ground to go and tick off.

IMG_6198.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think this is true. Rhyl is slightly further away than Wrexham.
Ayr's UK tour might last longer than Killie's though . . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 hours ago, craigkillie said:
I don't think this is true. Rhyl is slightly further away than Wrexham.

Ayr's UK tour might last longer than Killie's though . . . .

Depends. If Ayr get knocked out will their fans go to Serbia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

A decent enough draw for the Mo in a competition which doesn't set the heather on fire.

The very good thing about it is that Partick Thistle are the only ones of the current SPFL clubs the Mo have never played in any sort of Cup competition so 7/Sept will be a mini-momentous occasion. Ok maybe not like landing a man on the moon but a decent wee stat eh?

I've not seen us play the Mo since 1992, the season we got promoted to the Premier Division. 1-0 through a Colin McGlashan goal and some decent goalkeeping from a youthful Craig Nelson.

I think the Mo had Dave Larter in goal, Ivo den Bieman and an ageing Doug Rougvie in their line-up.

Have there been any games between the sides since? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I think this competition is fantastic with all the foreign sides in it. It’s just these fucking colts ruining it and I wish like pretty much everyone else that they would get punted. The cup gives the fans a fantastic opportunity to go on some brilliant away days. Richard Gordon and his chums on Sportsound hate it but they are failing to see it from a supporters point of view.

Ayr away to Wrexham is the tie of the round for me. Tremendous away day for the honest men and a great ground to go and tick off.

IMG_6198.jpg

In fairness, most fans think the non-Scottish sides being involved is stupid but that aspect isn't as reviled as the Colt sides.

I know a few Pars fans that went down to Boreham Wood last year and had a great time but the club lost money playing in this competition, so I'd happily see the whole thing binned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've not seen us play the Mo since 1992, the season we got promoted to the Premier Division. 1-0 through a Colin McGlashan goal and some decent goalkeeping from a youthful Craig Nelson.
I think the Mo had Dave Larter in goal, Ivo den Bieman and an ageing Doug Rougvie in their line-up.
Have there been any games between the sides since? 
IVVVVOOOOOOO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
14 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
I've not seen us play the Mo since 1992, the season we got promoted to the Premier Division. 1-0 through a Colin McGlashan goal and some decent goalkeeping from a youthful Craig Nelson.
I think the Mo had Dave Larter in goal, Ivo den Bieman and an ageing Doug Rougvie in their line-up.
Have there been any games between the sides since? 

IVVVVOOOOOOO

DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In fairness, most fans think the non-Scottish sides being involved is stupid but that aspect isn't as reviled as the Colt sides.
I know a few Pars fans that went down to Boreham Wood last year and had a great time but the club lost money playing in this competition, so I'd happily see the whole thing binned.

Most fans = you and some other posters mainly. You actually don't know what most fans think - that's a message on a bus type claim you are making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...