2019/20 Challenge Cup

Very belatedly from last week - Livingston 'B' v Formartine crowd was 120.

Tonight's attendances:

551     Peterhead v Formartine
531     Montrose v Forfar
524     Stranraer v Rangers 'B'

419     East Fife v Stirling Albion

372     Clyde v Motherwell 'B'
326     Hearts 'B' v Cowdenbeath
323     Hamilton 'B' v Airdrie
307     Annan v Kelty
300     Brora v Cove

279     Dumbarton v St Mirren 'B'
264     Ross County 'B' v Raith
217     Brechin v Elgin

178     Stenhousemuir v Edinburgh City

tbc     Falkirk v Celtic 'B'

How does R3 draw work - will Hearts 'B', Rangers 'B' and St Mirren 'B' be kept apart?
Falkirk crowd was 1076.

Even when nobody wants to go we still can't help but be massive. [emoji2369]

Congratulations to Edinburgh City for somehow managing to lose to  Stenny despite dominating most of the game - horrendous keeping cost them.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tonight's attendances:

551     Peterhead v Formartine
531     Montrose v Forfar

419     East Fife v Stirling Albion

307     Annan v Kelty
300     Brora v Cove

264     Ross County 'B' v Raith
217     Brechin v Elgin

178     Stenhousemuir v Edinburgh City

tbc     Falkirk v Celtic 'B'

How does R3 draw work - will Hearts 'B', Rangers 'B' and St Mirren 'B' be kept apart?

_20190813_225233.JPG

Under the Irn-Bru deal the 'payment in kind' was cases of Strathearn water. I happened to be speaking to an official at a club a while ago who said they'd a mountain of them in a lock-up.

Rather less glamorous than even Irn-Bru or a chocolate biscuit - and I suppose they couldn't have been distributed anyway, being a 'prohibited container' :lol:!

The water was very useful for most clubs and saved them a bit of money

Congratulations to Edinburgh City for somehow managing to lose to  Stenny despite dominating most of the game - horrendous keeping cost them.
Commented on this game in the Random Games thread. He definitely cost them the first but I put blame on the defender for the second. The goalkeeper's positioning was poor but that was down to the defender not dealing with it.

The two absolute sitters City missed from corners in the first half was just as costly IMO.

Tonight's attendances:

1703(clubs website)     Falkirk v Celtic 'B'

SHAME on all these c***s, particularly home clubs, these are disgracefully high.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Thanks Clyde, Airdrie, Falkirk & Raith Rovers for doing Scottish football a great favour. Hopefully the remaining 3 colts will be knocked out in the next round.

I have no affection for this format and Airdrie were torture to watch for most of the 2nd half but the young Accies team looked like footballers till they reached the 18 yard line. The draw is I think on Thursday but I want to avoid Colts. No doubt Mr Doncaster is pleased with the interest and attendances. It did only cost £3 for this mature spectator tonight and you could get a Caramel Wafer if you bought a coffee- I chose not to.

Was down Stranraer way on holiday so took in tonight’s game. Really surprised own poor Stranraer were given they had players like Hamill, Cummins, Robertson and Thomson who have played at a decent level. Throughly expected them to win by a few goals. Wouldn’t have put the attendance as high as 500. Mostly seemed to be kids who got in for free

Also only got one Caramel wafer between the 2 of us. Poor show Stranraer, poor show 

56 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I have no affection for this format and Airdrie were torture to watch for most of the 2nd half but the young Accies team looked like footballers till they reached the 18 yard line. The draw is I think on Thursday but I want to avoid Colts. No doubt Mr Doncaster is pleased with the interest and attendances. It did only cost £3 for this mature spectator tonight and you could get a Caramel Wafer if you bought a coffee- I chose not to.

The draw is 12:30 Wednesday isn't it?

Stranraer’s crowd of 524 against Rangers Colts is very good for a Tuesday night. 343 against Montrose on opening day. Expect that one to be used by the Old Firm trying to shoehorn their way into League Two.

The other Colts crowd that stood out was 326 at Hearts-Cowdenbeath. It was at Linlithgow was it not? Very decent.

Every other attendance is proper facepalm stuff.

10 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Hearts, St Mirren and Rangers Colts all through to the next round. Shame on Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Stranraer.

Good night for Kelty who won on penalties away at Annan.

Stranraer have major injury problems and had to field 5 of their reserves (who play in the South of Scotland League). One of the Sevco colts' players was apparently worth 2 million. 

The draw is obviously at 12:30 today but is there any word on when the date for each will be announced?

What games would like be the Sunday?
Most of the games will be on the Saturday - could only imagine a game being on the Sunday if it was picked for TV.

Didn't make the journey myself. I pretty much expected the result. 7 first team squad out. No strikers available which showed in the highlights. 5 south players on bench. Dont know what you expected from us.

Edited by Blue1870

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Stranraer have major injury problems and had to field 5 of their reserves (who play in the South of Scotland League). One of the Sevco colts' players was apparently worth 2 million. 

Exactly. 11 first team squad available. No strikers. A few that haven't played much. 5 south players. A fully fit stranraer squad we win simple.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Stranraer’s crowd of 524 against Rangers Colts is very good for a Tuesday night. 343 against Montrose on opening day. Expect that one to be used by the Old Firm trying to shoehorn their way into League Two.

The other Colts crowd that stood out was 326 at Hearts-Cowdenbeath. It was at Linlithgow was it not? Very decent.

Every other attendance is proper facepalm stuff.

Probably 300 stranraer fans then 200 odd local gers delighted they beat their hometown which is bizarre.