2019/20 Challenge Cup

58 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I fucking hate BBC Alba. Only chance of me attending would have been a Saturday 3pm affair. 

Remember watching our games on Alba and every so often they'd switch to English and you'd suddenly think that you were understanding Gaelic. 

34 minutes ago, bennett said:

Remember watching our games on Alba and every so often they'd switch to English and you'd suddenly think that you were understanding Gaelic. 

Tha mi an dòchas gun tèid an sgioba Colts agad a phumpadh gu tur!

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

They're in February.

Fair enough just shows how far down the interest level this competition has been dragged, the only possible outcome to give it any credence is a Caley against A.N Other final when will the colt carry on be ditched. 

On 24/01/2020 at 23:02, peternapper said:

Fair enough just shows how far down the interest level this competition has been dragged, the only possible outcome to give it any credence is a Caley against A.N Other final when will the colt carry on be ditched. 

The ICT Facebook has had a fair few Inverness based "WATP" types gushing at the thought of getting to see their team only a few minutes away. I wouldn't be surprised if there are significantly more Rangers fans there than ICT fans.

As I've said before I won't be going. I'll take in Spartans v Kelty on the Saturday down in Edinburgh. f**k the Colts :)

See its £15 for a ticket in my seat (main stand) same as the Livi game where its a proper cup and least its a a Premiership team. 16.10 kick off too - cant see many even ICT hardcores bothering with this one. 

While I don't want a colt team to win as it'll add validation to their admission to the competition, just how overboard celebrations would go if The Rangers did go on and win as it would be their first ever trophy? I suspect tinpot scenes worthy of a banter years addition!!!

10 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

While I don't want a colt team to win as it'll add validation to their admission to the competition, just how overboard celebrations would go if The Rangers did go on and win as it would be their first ever trophy? I suspect tinpot scenes worthy of a banter years addition!!!

The Rangers won it in 2015-16.

Have the admission prices for the Raith game been announced by either club as yet? Can't see anything about it on Thistle's site.

Scratch that, just saw Raith have announced them - £15 for adults, £10 for over 65, £5 for under 16

Edited by GrahamJags

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It'll be the Jackie Husband at the North end unless you're planning on bringing 1000+

Looking at early ticket sales and the club doing cheap buses it looks like it could be in excess of 500 which is decent. I imagine the JHS would have been fine though... 

Home game for me and quite pleased we are in the main stand. Means I’ve not been in all three ‘away ends’ at  Firhill. Shame the away fans aren’t behind the goal anymore though! 

Even though it’s the Micky Mouse cup I’m looking forward to the game. Friday night game on the back of a fair few beers a chance at a ‘cup final’ day out. 

Looking forward to the semis I have a feeling it's going to be a ICT Vs Raith Rovers final.

In my opinion there is no point saying one cup is a diddy cup then treating another cup like it's worth winning. If it's a national cup it will be recognised in the history books. Don't get me wrong the Scottish Cup & The League Cup definitely have more prestige. 

But the chances of any team outside the top flight reaching a major cup final is slim only 4 non premier League sides have done it in the past decade (Ross County Falkirk Rangers & Hibs) . 

3 out of The past 5 winners are Premiership teams now (Rangers Livingston & County) Dundee Utd look set to go up this season. Even we have a chance of going up if we can stay in 2nd place. 

Get rid of the colt teams & you have a cracking wee cup for the lower league teams. I love the Irish Welsh & English sides getting involved I would much rather go against a Welsh/Irish/English side then Alloa Athletic for the hundredth time this season. 

The sponsorships are great as well I'd much rather have IRN Bru & Tunnocks sponsoring it. Then betting companies like Betfred & William Hill. You can't get more Scottish Then IRN BRU & Tunnock wafers!! This cup is definitely worth winning if you are club like us Partick Thistle  or Raith Rovers. It's only spoil sports who try to ruin it for everyone that think different. Enjoy the bloody football for crying out loud! Make the most of it. 

I was aware that the semi-finals are this weekend, which is why our game was brought forward to Saturday gone, but I never realised that Partick Thistle v Raith is on Friday night and live on Alba, but up against Alloa v Dundee Utd on the BBC Scotland channel.

Who decides on this scheduling?