2019/20 Challenge Cup

Both colt sides and welsh,irish sides devalue the tournament but in this instance hope solihull do the rangers colts.Any team that beats that lot will do for me

I don’t like the colts being involved but disagree about the foreign teams, always good going somewhere knew, chance for an away trip manu of us won’t ever get without European football. County aren’t even in it and I’m interest to see who’s representing Scotland away. Would love to see it expanded to a british cup. Have a feeling Wrexham will win it this year

6 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

I don’t like the colts being involved but disagree about the foreign teams, always good going somewhere knew, chance for an away trip manu of us won’t ever get without European football. County aren’t even in it and I’m interest to see who’s representing Scotland away. Would love to see it expanded to a british cup. Have a feeling Wrexham will win it this year

These Conference sides aren't as good as many suppose. Wrexham only beat a weakened Ayr team at home and Solihull Moors were lucky to beat Kelty Hearts, both on penalties. Wrexham were also second best to St Mirren Colts for long spells.  These teams go for big athletic players rather than skill, a bit like Connah's Quay. 

Anyway, I'm fully expecting us to be drawn away to Inverness. 

Edited by Raith_Raver

3 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Shite. Was hoping for Wrexham away :( 

likely semi finalists:

wrexam/solihull

ICT

Thistle

Raith Rovers

Would have to fancy ICT from here.

Aye, it’s their cup to lose. 

Elgin at home is a decent enough draw if we want to progress. 

Edited by Scary Bear

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Just about the worst tie we could have got. If ICT aren't playing their full strength side then we might have a chance. Third championship team we've drawn in a row while Rangers Colts get 3 of the foreign sides in a row!

I feel your pain - its the first time in ages we havent been drawn away to the Highlands in a Cup. This time one of them have to come down to us. And it's shite that the Colt teams keep getting the non Scottish sides away - Hearts, St Murn and now Rangers twice.  I would have preferred one of the Conference teams home or away. At least we've a good chance of a semi final and a likely 1-in-3 chance of drawing one of them.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

First time we've played Clyde since May 8th 2004, when we won 2-1 at Broadwood to overtake them in the First Division title race with a game to go.

What a day that was. I think I’m still pished from it.