2019/20 Challenge Cup

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

One of Waterford's no-mark players was claiming during the half time piece that Irish league teams are on a par with the English Championship as well. 

Papped out by a Scottish League Two side. 

5b6d5410-c8cd-4376-80d3-465b75fe7a95.jpg.ef241739512ae2c690b2e062ac7727c5.jpg

Their top two, Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers, who are way out at the top. To be fair Dundalk have had impressive European results recently. The rest I wouldn't put much higher than our Championship.

Quite enjoyed watching the game on Alba. I thought Stenny looked not bad at all, or at least better than I was expecting. 

The Waterford fans must have loved being papped out by an L2 side on a miserable night in central Scotland.

7 minutes ago, bendan said:

Quite enjoyed watching the game on Alba. I thought Stenny looked not bad at all, or at least better than I was expecting. 

The Waterford fans must have loved being papped out by an L2 side on a miserable night in central Scotland.

The irish put a team out they thought would be strong enough to see off one of our 4th tier sides. I think they were surprised at how strong Stenny were, and when they decided to bring on their three better players it wasn't enough. They're fans FB page is raging about the "foul" before the winner. The camera didnt catch whether Gibson touched the ball or not. But they didnt mention the stonewall penalty the ref missed earlier.

15 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

The rest I wouldn't put much higher than our Championship.

The rest could only dream of being Scottish Championship standard, as their track record of getting horsed out of this competition every season in humiliating fashion demonstrates. 

The Partick Game is on S4C today at 5.15pm today

Would have no complaints if cardle got subbed before halftime, been woeful so far. Just bouncing off players or running right into them.

Flat from us, should be a goal down after that mcginty/fox mixup too. We're also very scrappy defending most set pieces, we rarely seem to get them away convincingly first time and they seem to be getting touches in the box from them frequently. Bah.

Nomads doing exactly what they did against us. None of the players are actually particularly good, but they get in your faces, chuck big punts into the channels and just try to kill the game. A horrible team to play against, but you also can't blame them with the gap in resources. 9 times out of 10 it won't work, but of course the 1 out of 10 came that night because of our naive play.

11 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Pleasing to see only two foreign sides left in the competition, although I’ll be hoping Solihull do the business because f**k the colts.

A hard one - like most folk I think the Colt sides devalue the tournament, but I dont want to see Conference sides progressing to the latter stages