2019/20 Challenge Cup

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF Ajer was under 20 at the time, he only turned 21 this year. Theres no evidence I can find of over age players in the first season.

Second season there definitely overage players.

Aye I know he was just a young boy. As you say I don't think they were allowed over agers in the 1st season.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Where are Home colts playing their games tonight

Im sure Livingston played at a junior ground last seasonemoji85.png

Livingston played Betfred Cup games at Linlithgow's Prestonfield, which is a licensed East of Scotland League ground.

Edited by Ginaro

3 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Celtic throwing away a 2-0 lead and Rangers scraping past Berwick in crowds totally just over 600. That’s what we need more of to take Scottish football to the next level. 

These are their all-time crowds in the tournament. Livingston v Celtic 'B' was Livi's first-team on a Saturday:

1,214     Livingston v Celtic 'B' (16-17)

636     Rangers 'B' v Falkirk (18-19)

493     Rangers 'B' v Stirling Uni (16-17)
    449     Cowdenbeath v Celtic 'B' (16-17)

389     Dumbarton v Rangers 'B' (17-18)
    324     Rangers 'B' v Stenhousemuir (16-17)
    321     Queen's Park v Celtic 'B' (19-20)
    303     Berwick v Rangers 'B (19-20)

278     Annan v Celtic 'B' (17-18)
    266     Annan v Celtic 'B' (18-19)
    216     Celtic 'B' v Annan (16-17)

I remain intrinsically opposed to colts in the league pyramid but, with no reserve team and previously with games being played in the afternoon, it affords me an opportunity to get a look at our younger players and, as such, I was one the 175 (which seems conservative to me) at McDiarmid this evening.

Much closer game than scoreline suggests. Saints had managed to handle the introduction of Megginson and Scott after an hour but the withdrawal of overager Liam Gordon after 75 mins saw the roof cave in and the visitors chalked up three late goals to progress.

Saints had hit the bar and squandered a one-on-one with the best chances of the second half.

In fairness, Cove dominated much of the first half after losing a first minute opener and should have gone in ahead.

I'm hopeful that Munro and Hamilton can have productive seasons in League Two and hopefully Ballantyne and Struthers can follow them out after successful spells at BSC Glasgow last season.

A free Caramel Wafer on entry was a definite bonus as well.

Edited by Radford

57 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Scottish brands that clearly wish to increase sales in markets outwith Scotland

Irn Bru already do a lot of sponsorship in England with EFL and Rugby League sides so are more that just a Scottish brand as it was put. Haven't Tunnock's invested even more into the cup?

Wasn't the CC dying on its arse at one time a few years back?

Looks like an attendance for Livingston 'B' v Formartine isn't going to appear.

According to the sports reporter of the West Lothian Courier it was "around 100" and "no official attendance given be surprised if it was as many as 150".

Tomorrow night R1 concludes with Hamilton 'B' v BSCG and Motherwell 'B' v Spartans (at Airdrie).

R2 draw:

Hearts 'B' v Cowdenbeath
Ross County 'B' v Raith
Brora v Cove
Peterhead v Formartine
East Fife v Stirling
Brechin v Elgin
Montrose v Forfar

Clyde v Motherwell 'B'/Spartans
Annan v Kelty
Hamilton 'B'/BSCG v Airdrie
Dumbarton v St Mirren 'B'
Stenhousemuir v Edinburgh City
Falkirk v Celtic 'B'
Stranraer v Rangers 'B'

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's 4 players over the age of 21 across 10 Premiership teams.

The list wasn't complete.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Marky Munro is 18 tbf.

Our only senior player in the 11 is Liam Gordon.

The point was that he's on loan at another team in the tournament, yet plays for his parent club. An absolute nonsense.

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Looks like an attendance for Livingston 'B' v Formartine isn't going to appear.

According to the sports reporter of the West Lothian Courier it was "around 100" and "no official attendance given be surprised if it was as many as 150".

Tomorrow night R1 concludes with Hamilton 'B' v BSCG and Motherwell 'B' v Spartans (at Airdrie).

R2 draw:

Hearts 'B' v Cowdenbeath
Ross County 'B' v Raith
Brora v Cove
Peterhead v Formartine
East Fife v Stirling
Brechin v Elgin
Montrose v Forfar

Clyde v Motherwell 'B'/Spartans
Annan v Kelty
Hamilton 'B'/BSCG v Airdrie
Dumbarton v St Mirren 'B'
Stenhousemuir v Edinburgh City
Falkirk v Celtic 'B'
Stranraer v Rangers 'B'

When are these games being played?

Edited by lennyzer0

13 hours ago, David W said:

The list wasn't complete.

The point was that he's on loan at another team in the tournament, yet plays for his parent club. An absolute nonsense.

yeah I never seen any mention of our 37 year old backup backup goalie Gary Maley who played for our 'colts' last night

Also, anyone who went to any 'colts' games should feel ashamed, actively promoting the old firm agenda

I wouldn't go to watch Queens if they were away to a Colts team but I probably would at home. It's very well having a go at people who do but the club will have the same overheads as a normal game. Sadly, by not attending, the biggest harm will be to your own club IMO.

yeah I never seen any mention of our 37 year old backup backup goalie Gary Maley who played for our 'colts' last night
Also, anyone who went to any 'colts' games should feel ashamed, actively promoting the old firm agenda

Proud to go and support my club no matter who they play - 'actively promoting', 'ashamed' - get a grip man!

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wouldn't go to watch Queens if they were away to a Colts team but I probably would at home. It's very well having a go at people who do but the club will have the same overheads as a normal game. Sadly, by not attending, the biggest harm will be to your own club IMO.

You will cause far more damage to your club by endorsing the competition, allowing the organisers to present it as a "success" and using the larger than expected attendance to justify B teams in the league. Which is, and has always been, their goal. 

If you're worried about Queens losing money when they play a B team then you really don't want it happening half a dozen times a season in the league.