2019/20 Challenge Cup

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Yeah, the Northern Irish Champions have decided not to participate this year. 

I wonder if that's related to them now playing the ROI champions in a home and away "champions cup" tie in November?

On 26/06/2019 at 13:31, Mick1867 said:

Aye, you would say that

JS45797998.jpg

Their teacakes are food of the gods. Can't quite make out what the word is below but if Tunnocks endorse that then count me in. 😎

21 hours ago, Marten said:

I wonder if that's related to them now playing the ROI champions in a home and away "champions cup" tie in November?

Hardly a ringing endorsement for the cup if Linfield have regarded playing in that as both precluding and preferable to playing in this... particularly given November is as far on as R5 (plus it seems like SPFL have enshrined the right of foreign teams to delay R5 and SF ties).

At least 1 of Eire's sides turned-down the invitation last season, IIRC - St Patricks?

Welsh runners-up were also debarred as they got forcefully relegated over licensing issues.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:27, sfha said:

Their teacakes are food of the gods. Can't quite make out what the word is below but if Tunnocks endorse that then count me in. 😎

The word below says c***s.  HTH

Knowing there is a chance that all the u21 teams could be eliminated in round 1 makes me believe that this is the best format for the competition in comparison to previous years. 

Having the Championship teams join in at the same stage that the foreign teams join up is also very good. 

Hope they don't change the competition format unless it is to remove u21 teams or increase foreign/Highland/Lowland teams in the competition. 

On 04/07/2019 at 19:10, HibeeJibee said:

Hardly a ringing endorsement for the cup if Linfield have regarded playing in that as both precluding and preferable to playing in this... particularly given November is as far on as R5 (plus it seems like SPFL have enshrined the right of foreign teams to delay R5 and SF ties).

At least 1 of Eire's sides turned-down the invitation last season, IIRC - St Patricks?

Welsh runners-up were also debarred as they got forcefully relegated over licensing issues.

You can't see the k and the b at either end.

On 03/07/2019 at 22:27, sfha said:

Boyd Tunnock is an out and out fuckin Unionist and a tory arse licker and is no friend of Scotland.

13 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Boyd Tunnock is an out and out fuckin Unionist and a tory arse licker and is no friend of Scotland.

But  his tea cakes are delicious! I bought a pack the other day... heavenly! Tell me this and tell me no more... do you totally avoid the Still Game episode that features the tea cake wrapper gag in case you go into total melt down. Only asking...

13 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

And if you get this riled up over a baker then you need to chill out a bit.

10 hours ago, sfha said:

But  his tea cakes are delicious! I bought a pack the other day... heavenly! 

All that sugar. Welcome to diabetes my friend. 😉

His teacakes are fucking shite. Aldi's caramel wafers are far better. His Caramel Logs on the other hand...