2019/20 Challenge Cup

3rd round:- 

14 - 2nd Round winners

10 - Ladbrokes Championship 

2 - National League (ENG)

2 - Welsh Premier League (WAL)

2 - NIPL (NIR)

2 - League of Ireland (ROI)

Would have been nice if they told us there was to be another change in structure for the competition.

Although I do think this is the best structure. 

Means there is a chance of all the colts being eliminated in round 1.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's going to be hard for them to find an alternative sponsor that is quite as uniquely Scottish as IRN-BRU, but aye fingers crossed it's not a bookie at the very least.

This has aged well!

3 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Are the ties getting played over a home log and away log?

Might be a way of getting the Colts crowds into three figures if two legs were combined. One game is more than enough

Edited by peternapper

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's going to be hard for them to find an alternative sponsor that is quite as uniquely Scottish as IRN-BRU, but aye fingers crossed it's not a bookie at the very least.

If you didn't have prior knowledge of who the sponsor was then this is an even more amazing post.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Says Billy big time!  Refuse to take part and you would lose a good deal more

How?

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Tunnocks is a good sponsor. Well-known Scottish company and the "Tunnocks Challenge Cup" would have been been a perfectly acceptable name.

Why, oh why, add the "caramel wafer" part though? It sounds so fucking stupid.

Was it not Tunnocks that fairly recently had an identity crisis in regards to their nationality 

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If you didn't have prior knowledge of who the sponsor was then this is an even more amazing post.

How?

Its a condition of SPFL membership that clubs in Championship to L2 participate in both League Cup and Challenge Cup - thus if you don't want to play you either need to resign from membership or at the least face a substantial fine. 

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Its a condition of SPFL membership that clubs in Championship to L2 participate in both League Cup and Challenge Cup - thus if you don't want to play you either need to resign from membership or at the least face a substantial fine. 

The SPFL having a rule that forces clubs to take part in a tournament - even if they lose money as a result - sounds about right.

I'd like to see us include all youth players and treat them as bounce games.

Draw made at 12.30, I have seen some of the local fixtures through the Aberdeen Evening Express FB page,

Thought I'll go on the SPFL page and see the full draw.................guess which lazy fuckers must still be stuff Tunnocks in their Pieholes for  celebration lunch and haven't got the the fixtures up yet. I momentarily considering checking on the BBC, then decided not to waste my time.

29 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The SPFL having a rule that forces clubs to take part in a tournament - even if they lose money as a result - sounds about right.

I'd like to see us include all youth players and treat them as bounce games.

You have to field your 'first team' and hardly a draconian rule as it was the clubs that agreed the rules.   It is also about treating companies who are willing to sponsor Scottish football with respect.

Edited by Cowden Cowboy