West Region Championship 2019/2020

Rochstar1920

Another weekend of big fixtures with Renfrew hosting  neilston which may be pick of the  bunch with both teams hoping to keep up pace for race for too 3
both teams drew 1-1 at a horrible wed night up the brig and looks like going to be another wet one on sat at NWP
confidence high with us at moment so no reason not to be confident of another positive outcome [emoji609]

Going well mate. Cracking for yous against Lochee. All the best and look forward to coming to Brig O’Lea in the new year [emoji106]

MTV [emoji838][emoji836]️

Aye.  Good game at Renfrew. Seen both so far and a home win woudnae be a big surprise.

Fancy Shotts maybe for a wee surprise and mate says draw at least for Whitletts! ( os er )!

Homes for Vics, kilsyh and Candy.

Wee away day at Renfrew me thinks for days best viewing.

Renfrew 0-1 neilston 

farmers march on with a vital away win to continue the run 

wasn’t the best performance but showed our battling qualities..

1st half . Renfrew had most of the play but never really showed much in final third

2nd half -1st 20mins we step up a gear and got our goal had some other decent chances  .. Renfrew presses for equaliser but same as 1st half couldn’t break us down 

Renfrew 0-1 neilston 
1st half . Renfrew had most of the play but never really showed much in final third
2nd half -1st 20mins we step up a gear and got our goal had some other decent chances  .. Renfrew presses for equaliser but same as 1st half couldn’t break us down 
well done to neilston some run there on.

We played Neilston pre-season and although only a friendly I was impressed by the workrate they put in. I'm not sure if its the same squad of lads, but they looked a good solid outfit and could be dark horses for a play-off place. Also turning over Lochee was a massive result, and shows how good the "Farmers" are.

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Renfrew 0-1 neilston 

Wouldn't disagree too much with that.  Neilston very well organised at the back not giving much away. You forgot to mention that Renfrew came very close hitting the bar twice in the second half.

Good luck to Disco, Chris and Neilston for the rest of the season.

10 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

We played Neilston pre-season and although only a friendly I was impressed by the workrate they put in. I'm not sure if its the same squad of lads, but they looked a good solid outfit and could be dark horses for a play-off place. Also turning over Lochee was a massive result, and shows how good the "Farmers" are.

It is pretty much the same squad as the one that day back in July in the Hugh Blair Trophy match. Thirteen of the fifteen registered players appearing that day are still here. Some on the Talbot committee were very complimentary about us that day. 

Unfortunately there is no play off but we will keep on keeping on! Still in the West of Scotland Cup, a trophy we traditionally struggle to progress in and we're about to play our 7th Junior Cup game next month thanks to no 1st round bye and two replays! Busy wee season. 

Another sat another massive weekend of fixtures

wearher permitting which has been fairly favourable tie of the weekend has to be neilston entertaining Blantyre the reverse tie was a cracker 

Funny enough the last team to Beat neilston was Blantyre 24th aug so should be cracker 

Edited by combineharvester

Neilston 2-3 Blantyre 

dnt let the score line kid you Blantyre blew us away today  the 1st half was one of best I’ve seen from a team ... played with frightening pace we couldn’t cope with them 

we were bit better 2nd half but in a nutshell wee were poor today but credit to them

not surprised the bigger teams sniffing around there players 

3 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Neilston 2-3 Blantyre 

dnt let the score line kid you Blantyre blew us away today  the 1st half was one of best I’ve seen from a team ... played with frightening pace we couldn’t cope with them 

we were bit better 2nd half but in a nutshell wee were poor today but credit to them

imo Blantyre best team We have played this season also 

On 21 December 2019 at 17:13, combineharvester said:

Neilston 2-3 Blantyre 

Am i right in posting Neilston had a 14 game undefeated run starting and ending with defeats from Blantyre Vics. Would imagine Neilston will be happy to go on another 14 game run.

7 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Yeah that’s correct but in same breath Blantyre since they beat us away back in aug hv only lost one game and that was Scottish cup tie vs Darvel 

And the one loss before that was to eh Darvel also but they are a good side and I was impressed with them 

Shotts 1-2 neilston 

another win on road for neilston last 11 away games ...10 wins and a draw no bad return 

wasn’t the best game with both teams looking A bit flat  Shotts prob had best of chances throughout  and will feel hard  done by not to get a draw 

thought was a lot of wild challenges in game also IMO Shotts lucky to finish with 11men

94min pen sealed the deal for us 

Onwards we go 

Shotts 1-2 neilston 
another win on road for neilston last 11 away games ...10 wins and a draw no bad return 
wasn’t the best game with both teams looking A bit flat  Shotts prob had best of chances throughout  and will feel hard  done by not to get a draw 
thought was a lot of wild challenges in game also IMO Shotts lucky to finish with 11men
94min pen sealed the deal for us 
Onwards we go 

Neilston flying just now and in with a right good chance of securing a promotion place.

1 minute ago, Mine Man said:

Neilston flying just now and in with a right good chance of securing a promotion place.

Tough ask for us tbh but we will continue to jist plod away in background and see where it leads us ... last wee was big blow  but we bounced back 

darvel Cumbernauld and I’d say Blantyre  will be top 3 come may ... not sure of the order mind you 

plenty twists and turns to come 

End of the year 2019 and Darvel and Cumbernauld Utd now moving into the final furlong. Both clubs looking at the points total and figuring out winning half the remaining fixtures would put them up. That third place is game on although i'm taking Shotts Bon Accord and Blantyre Vics out the equation, just too many games and far too inconsistent to gain a place. Arthurlie goodbye and goodnight to top three, two losses two Saturday's in a row to teams from the bottom half of the league killed it off. That brings me to Renfrew and Neilston. Personally i think Renfrew have lost it. When you end up doing a Donnybrook all over YouTube it's curtains. There might be a few six match bans heading Renfrew's way. Hopefully they kept the receipts for those handbags. Door open big time for Neilston, another 14/15 undefeated run and it's away days to Talbot and Rossvale!!!

And to the bottom half or Championship B as some call it. Dalry Thistle and Gartcairn looking completely safe. That leaves the bottom six doing musical chairs with those 3 relegation places. One or two might think it's safe although a couple of defeats and it's squeaky bum time again.