West Region Championship 2019/2020

Rochstar1920

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Strangest league set up i've seen in a while at this stage. Darvel and Cumbernauld Utd are looking way out there in front although i wonder if Blantyre Vics with those games in hand might be thinking a winning run might split that pair of leaders. At least seven clubs might fancy a chance at going up. 

The trap door end of the league is even odder. Take a lucky dip from any of seven clubs. St Roch's seemed completely out of it. Yet three leagues wins out of four see's them jump three places up the league. I wouldn't be surprised if the relegation battle for the three places goes on until the final day. Truth is, on any day all the teams at the bottom are capable of getting a result. 

Mid table, Gartcairn with 14 points from 14 games seem to be holding the spot. Plenty under them would be happy with the 14 points.

I would say Gartcairn are in trouble if that’s all they have point wise but when we played them I think they have enough to stay up

craigmark Irvine vics and cambuslang are my 3 to go down 

13 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I would say Gartcairn are in trouble if that’s all they have point wise but when we played them I think they have enough to stay up

craigmark Irvine vics and cambuslang are my 3 to go down 

Having problems trying to pick the final three teams to go down with 7 points separating the bottom 8 teams. A couple of wins here or there seems to completely change the trap door league positions weekly. I think at one point Dalry were in the bottom three.

Cairn 3-4 neilston

very good away win for the farmers in a strong physical game 

cairns defence let them down badly with some poor defending in 1st half and neilston taking full advantage 

gartcairn  will be a dangerous team from set pieces if they keep whipping the crosses the way they  did on sat also very tall team ( corners were superb)

keeps us in touch with chasing pack 

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 09:15, peasy23 said:

The flip side is we have just come off of 5 straight home games, 2 of them were Scottish ties. We were supposed to be away in the league to Neilston on 5th October, but ended up playing Cambuslang at home due to Neilston drawing a Scottish tie, and our away match at Craigmark on Saturday was also off due to us playing in the Scottish. An away league match at Dalry was off.

At the moment our next scheduled home match is on December 21st, although we might get lucky and get another home Scottish draw.

Edit: Just had a look and found that we have now been sceduled to play Blantyre Vics at home on December 7th, to replace the Cambuslang game that was brought forward a few weeks ago.

Shocked to see Petershill in the league position that there in. What's been happening there this season?

13 minutes ago, SoccerSmith said:

Shocked to see Petershill in the league position that there in. What's been happening there this season?

Probably other than the poor run of results it's obvious Petershill don't have the funds anymore plus an seriously ageing support. Yeh i know it's the Juniors but even to go from a hardcore of a couple of hundred down to 100 or less is problematic. Like a lot of Junior teams i wonder if the locals even know they are there. Even in passing with football people i've heard people say, where is Petershil's new ground!!! 

Maybe Peasy could look at trying to get a few games going on a Friday night although being a council facility that might be beyond them regarding getting the Let. Certainly something needs to happen before Petershill end up like Ashfield.

Btw, some might say you don't need a support to succeed, look at Rossvale.

i no it was the west today , but i noticed another win for Neilston, they seem to be going along very nicely at the moment and under most people's radar ,of course ive probably gave them the kiss of death now [emoji1787]
Very impressed with Neilston today, all over the park. Deserved their win.

3 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

i no it was the west today , but i noticed another win for Neilston, they seem to be going along very nicely at the moment and under most people's radar ,of course ive probably gave them the kiss of death now emoji1787.png

Great win for Neilston up against a Premiership outfit.

On 27 June 2019 at 14:13, Beckanbaur said:

Darvel
Cumbernauld
Kilsyth
Top 3

Dalry
Irvine vics
Craigmark
Bottom 3

Very hard league this year and no disrespect to any club that’s just my prediction!
Personally for cambuslang I just hope we can stabilise, keep 11 players on the pitch and put up a good show of ourselves avoiding the drop! MTL!

As some teams are one game away from the halfway stage and league positions are becoming slightly more clearer, this was the best of the predictions with four out of six at the top and bottom.

Top marks for Beckanbaur.

18 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

i no it was the west today , but i noticed another win for Neilston, they seem to be going along very nicely at the moment and under most people's radar ,of course ive probably gave them the kiss of death now emoji1787.png

We are happy to fly under the radar as no one has mentioned us till now.. unbeaten in 10 in all comps is gd habit to get into

away to Whitletts This week and that’s massive for us .. but If we are going to keep the pace with leading teams every week will be huge for us 

following week we are home to lochee in Scottish and if we play with confidence a fancy a cup upset for the FArmers 

As some teams are one game away from the halfway stage and league positions are becoming slightly more clearer, this was the best of the predictions with four out of six at the top and bottom.
Top marks for Beckanbaur.

Shame my own club are down the bottom [emoji23] thought we’d be there about but hope we can turn it around

We are happy to fly under the radar as no one has mentioned us till now.. unbeaten in 10 in all comps is gd habit to get into
away to Whitletts This week and that’s massive for us .. but If we are going to keep the pace with leading teams every week will be huge for us 
following week we are home to lochee in Scottish and if we play with confidence a fancy a cup upset for the FArmers 
and as always happens we've just been drawn against u in the west [emoji1787]

1 minute ago, combineharvester said:

Some  big games tomoz 

Renfrew vs Darrel is the stand out  as the boys from down the Brae look to flex there guns and make big statement in hunt for promotion and even title in this early stage 

we travel to whittletts to try keep in the tales of top three 

mon the farmers 

No game easy in this league and if we both win we will need to play 

8 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Blantyre Vics win against Cumbernauld Utd with 5 games in hand plus a Darvel defeat puts them right in the mix. Would have said, might the Vics grab 3rd place. The Vics might say, can Cumbernauld or Darvel grab 3rd place?

Certainly tightens it up at the top that’s for sure 

Hi guys, went to the Lang v Gartcain match, live locally and get to a match when I can. Game finished 3-6 !!! Attendance 137 (incl. guys in box thing upstairs?)

Cambuslang started off slowly and wee bit lucky only to be one down but picked up and went 3-1 up! were the better team first half but lost 2 goals before half time 3-3 HT I'm afraid only only one team in second half and lucky it was only 6. It's not the first time I've seen a collapse like this and obviously the heads went down all too easily. The lang have some pretty talented forward players but lose the ball up front/midfield too easily which puts the players at the back under too much pressure. A new formation maybe needed, need to strengthen the back badly. What about 5 at the back with two holding midfielders. I know this means a less exciting game but Lang will go down unless something radical is done.

Lastly, well done to Gartcairn. Showed tremendous dertmination after half time and ran out easy winners.

• 3 weeks later...

Cumbernauld and Darvel still out there as we head for Christmas/New Year. One Championship but two leagues as has been clear for the last three months. Top 8 with the top 2 looking like stick ons but a third promotion place wide open for 5 or 6 others. Of course going up is one thing, staying up is another. Can imagine a few wiser committee heads will be happy to get a top 6 space without the worry of being cannon fodder for Talbot and friends.

Bottom of the league the same in reverse, couple of teams starting to pack the suitcase for the departure hall with 4 of 5 teams watching the exit door in case it swings shut with them on the wrong side of it.