West Region Championship 2019/2020

Rochstar1920

Referee and linesmen in Irvine Victoria v cambuslang today? Disgraceful. Irvine vics players discipline and at the end disgraceful.
Cambuslang 1st half disgraceful.
Cambuslang 2nd half delightful.
Coming back from 3-0 down delighted.

Good value for £6 [emoji122]
Certainly a game of two halves and Vics threw it away
Can't remember a single incident that the ref/assistants gave against Cambuslang, given that he sent two Vics players off and gave a you a penalty - hardly the actions of a homer.
Both reds correct, penalty looked soft but can see why it would be given.

At the end of the game both sets of players were at the handbags.
Cambuslang 11 and 7 at it in particular!

Agreed at great value for £6 .

9 men holding on for a draw having been 3 up, Vics were shocking in second half.

Based on today it's going to be a long season for both!!

Certainly a game of two halves and Vics threw it away
Can't remember a single incident that the ref/assistants gave against Cambuslang, given that he sent two Vics players off and gave a you a penalty - hardly the actions of a homer.
Both reds correct, penalty looked soft but can see why it would be given.

At the end of the game both sets of players were at the handbags.
Cambuslang 11 and 7 at it in particular!

Agreed at great value for £6 .

9 men holding on for a draw having been 3 up, Vics were shocking in second half.

Based on today it's going to be a long season for both!!

Agreed both teams in for a battle to stay above the drop. The referee was shocking, every minor decision incorrect, throw ins, offsides especially, 4 corners Cambuslang should of had given as goal kicks.

Irvine vics 5 should of been sent off potentially 1st half and then multiple incidents second half early doors that should see him sent referee. He even two handed pushed Cambuslang player whilst he’s talking to the ref and still avoided the second booking, dived aswell. Joke of a boy to be honest, every time I’ve seen him play he’s either been sent off or should of been sent off.

I actually thought the penalty was soft aswell even though it benefitted Cambuslang hence another reason why referee was poor.
Lino’s on both sides with the worst offside calls I’ve ever seen.

As for the end, 11 and 7 for cambuslang go to shake hands with the Irvine vics players and the vics number 8 refused one and slapped the hand of the other in a rediculous manner then the 14 for vics steams in with a push and it escalated from there, to point out that the whole Irvine vics squad rush over to where the Cambuslang team go into their dressing room off the pitch including boys not even in squad and the two sent off players. Was a disgrace, vics manager in the thick of Cambuslang squad aswel rather than maybe getting his own team in ?

Agreed both teams in for a battle to stay above the drop. The referee was shocking, every minor decision incorrect, throw ins, offsides especially, 4 corners Cambuslang should of had given as goal kicks.

Irvine vics 5 should of been sent off potentially 1st half and then multiple incidents second half early doors that should see him sent referee. He even two handed pushed Cambuslang player whilst he’s talking to the ref and still avoided the second booking, dived aswell. Joke of a boy to be honest, every time I’ve seen him play he’s either been sent off or should of been sent off.

I actually thought the penalty was soft aswell even though it benefitted Cambuslang hence another reason why referee was poor.
Lino’s on both sides with the worst offside calls I’ve ever seen.

As for the end, 11 and 7 for cambuslang go to shake hands with the Irvine vics players and the vics number 8 refused one and slapped the hand of the other in a rediculous manner then the 14 for vics steams in with a push and it escalated from there, to point out that the whole Irvine vics squad rush over to where the Cambuslang team go into their dressing room off the pitch including boys not even in squad and the two sent off players. Was a disgrace, vics manager in the thick of Cambuslang squad aswel rather than maybe getting his own team in ?

Ridiculous behaviour if this is the case.Refusing to shake hands is childish.

Arthurlie 0-1 neilston 

great derby win for us 

game wasn’t the greatest but we got the job done thought we controlled majority of the game  with possession with the lie struggling to create clear cut chances 

the win may put there managers job on line with recent form alarming with lie fans asking for his head of late 

the win keeps us firmly in touch with the top teams  which has been decent start to season for us 

couple of week break from league now with Scottish and the west upcoming 

Arthurlie 0-1 neilston 
great derby win for us 
game wasn’t the greatest but we got the job done thought we controlled majority of the game  with possession with the lie struggling to create clear cut chances 
the win may put there managers job on line with recent form alarming with lie fans asking for his head of late 
the win keeps us firmly in touch with the top teams  which has been decent start to season for us 

Can’t disagree with much of what you said. There wasn’t much between the teams with neither creating many clear cut chances. Both very poor teams with one capitalising on, imo, a goalkeeping error at the death.

Arthurlie 0-1 neilston 
great derby win for us 
There's a round of league games in between the Scottish Cup and the West Cup games.

40 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, combineharvester said:
Arthurlie 0-1 neilston 
great derby win for us 

There's a round of league games in between the Scottish Cup and the West Cup games.

Apologies dates mixed up we hv gartcairn in between 

Yes craigmark weren’t happy with ref and rightly so . Never a free kick and the both linos agreed but his overall game was very poor .
Yes our keeper had a good game but let’s remember we were down to 10 men after 60 minutes. In the first half we could and should have been 2 up with the chances we missed . Neiston put us under loads of pressure second half but thought we handled it well and a kick in the baws losing that way . Great bunch the neiston lads and wish them all the best for rest of season .

Lods o time yit ti git up the league

Starting to come into that time of year where weather will play a big part on fixtures & I’m trying to plan what game I’ll take in. Anybody have any concerns of their games being off or know for certain if it will be on?
Our next 3 league fixtures are away from home along with an away West tie. If we get an away draw in the Scottish then we will be away for all 5 Saturdays in November. It will be a case of wait and see if our games are on.

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:
13 hours ago, SoccerSmith said:
Starting to come into that time of year where weather will play a big part on fixtures & I’m trying to plan what game I’ll take in. Anybody have any concerns of their games being off or know for certain if it will be on?

Our next 3 league fixtures are away from home along with an away West tie. If we get an away draw in the Scottish then we will be away for all 5 Saturdays in November. It will be a case of wait and see if our games are on.

That’s some run of fixtures away from home

St Rochs were the same for october. All league fixtures away and then a cup replay and another cup game away. Tbh I think Kennie is trying yes there are still flaws BUT it is night and day from his predecessor.
Just got to roll with it and get the game played that can be played.

That’s some run of fixtures away from home
St Rochs were the same for october. All league fixtures away and then a cup replay and another cup game away. Tbh I think Kennie is trying yes there are still flaws BUT it is night and day from his predecessor.

Just got to roll with it and get the game played that can be played.

The flip side is we have just come off of 5 straight home games, 2 of them were Scottish ties. We were supposed to be away in the league to Neilston on 5th October, but ended up playing Cambuslang at home due to Neilston drawing a Scottish tie, and our away match at Craigmark on Saturday was also off due to us playing in the Scottish. An away league match at Dalry was off.

At the moment our next scheduled home match is on December 21st, although we might get lucky and get another home Scottish draw.

Edit: Just had a look and found that we have now been sceduled to play Blantyre Vics at home on December 7th, to replace the Cambuslang game that was brought forward a few weeks ago.

Edited by peasy23

The flip side is we have just come off of 5 straight home games, 2 of them were Scottish ties. We were supposed to be away in the league to Neilston on 5th October, but ended up playing Cambuslang at home due to Neilston drawing a Scottish tie, and our away match at Craigmark on Saturday was also off due to us playing in the Scottish. An away league match at Dalry was off. 
At the moment our next scheduled home match is on December 21st, although we might get lucky and get another home Scottish draw.

Edit: Just had a look and found that we have now been sceduled to play Blantyre Vics at home on December 7th, to replace the Cambuslang game that was brought forward a few weeks ago.

Darvel have just had 5 away games in a row 3 in the league and 2 Scottish Cup

There is a general meeting of the West Region clubs on Thursday.

One of the topics in my report will be regarding the runs of home/away fixtures.

Once I've reported to the club delegates at that meeting, I'll be more than happy to come back here and explain.

At the moment the only thing I can say is that the system is flawed and I am working on improvements.

2 hours ago, Kennie said:
One of the topics in my report will be regarding the runs of home/away fixtures.
Once I've reported to the club delegates at that meeting, I'll be more than happy to come back here and explain.
At the moment the only thing I can say is that the system is flawed and I am working on improvements.

Just one suggestion, would it not be prudent to leave the date for the Third Round of the Scottish Junior Cup blank and then make up league fixtures with the teams who are knocked out by then? I say that because you had a full card of 31 league games made up for Saturday, but only 13 were played. Is giving yourself 18 games to rearrange not a bigger job than making up the other matches with a few weeks notice?

Edited by peasy23

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Kennie said:

Just one suggestion, would it not be prudent to leave the date for the Third Round of the Scottish Junior Cup blank and then make up league fixtures with the teams who are knocked out by then?

Already considering that for next time. Scottish Cup rounds 2,3 & 4 left blank and then filled with fixtures where possible from earlier postponed games for those teams no longer in the competition.

Probably same every week  as league is so tough but massive game for us away to gartcairn a away win would  keep us hot on heels of front three 

think we hv been ticking away nicely under the radar with no one mentioning us at moment   big ask for us to be in mix for promotion but stranger things Hv happened 

mon the farmers 

Still early days I suppose but are the chasing teams just after 3rd spot, 1st and second being already tied up?

Or are others like the Candy gonna get their act together and start taking points off the leaders.  Who has injured

players coming back to affect things.  Who’s playmakers are going off the boil?

15 hours ago, one nil said:

Still early days I suppose but are the chasing teams just after 3rd spot, 1st and second being already tied up?

Or are others like the Candy gonna get their act together and start taking points off the leaders.  Who has injured

players coming back to affect things.  Who’s playmakers are going off the boil?

Strangest league set up i've seen in a while at this stage. Darvel and Cumbernauld Utd are looking way out there in front although i wonder if Blantyre Vics with those games in hand might be thinking a winning run might split that pair of leaders. At least seven clubs might fancy a chance at going up. 

The trap door end of the league is even odder. Take a lucky dip from any of seven clubs. St Roch's seemed completely out of it. Yet three leagues wins out of four see's them jump three places up the league. I wouldn't be surprised if the relegation battle for the three places goes on until the final day. Truth is, on any day all the teams at the bottom are capable of getting a result. 

Mid table, Gartcairn with 14 points from 14 games seem to be holding the spot. Plenty under them would be happy with the 14 points.