West Region Championship 2019/2020

Rochstar1920

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Heard today that Championship games will now only get assistant refs by request, and even then there is no guarantee that you will get them. Not great at this level of football tbh.

Not correct. Referee Assistants will be appointed to all Championship games when numbers allow. There will be no need to request them.

The problem lies in availability and a lack of officials in general. 

Clubs will now share the costs of Assistants fees as some clubs were getting assistants for their home games whilst others weren't.

How does it get decided which teams are appointed the assistants?

Not correct. Referee Assistants will be appointed to all Championship games when numbers allow. There will be no need to request them.
The problem lies in availability and a lack of officials in general. 
Clubs will now share the costs of Assistants fees as some clubs were getting assistants for their home games whilst others weren't.

Kilsyth Rangers 3 Shotts bon accord 2

Another 3 points at home for Kilsyth in a hard fought victory against a decent 3rd placed Shotts side.
Kilsyth opened the scoring with a Wullie Sawyers strike, Shotts equalised before the break.
Kilsyth regained the lead with an outstanding individual goal from Tom Neal. 
Shotts equalised for a second time with both their goals coming from set pieces.
Kilsyth scored the 3rd and what proved to be the winner with a wind assisted 45 yarder from Scott Upton, another good win. 🔵⚪🔵⚪

Well that's Arthurlie last to play league game 6 and we can see the Championship opening up now.

Darvel and Cumbernauld still out there although the 6 teams below them must all be thinking a wee run of wins must put them in contention. Arthurlie being one of them with two games in hand.

At the bottom end St Roch's grabbed an away win for the first victory of the season. Again the relegation danger zone maybe isn't as clear cut as i first thought a week ago. A couple of wins for the bottom 4 and it's a 8 team dogfight to avoid the 3 relegation places. The trick being to get a least a point a game over the piece. Standby for managers coming and going as the panic button is hit again. Don't be surprised if some teams end up on manager 3 by Easter or Christmas or October week.

I'll predict now that Petershill won't go down.

Well that's Arthurlie last to play league game 6 and we can see the Championship opening up now.

Darvel and Cumbernauld still out there although the 6 teams below them must all be thinking a wee run of wins must put them in contention. Arthurlie being one of them with two games in hand.

At the bottom end St Roch's grabbed an away win for the first victory of the season. Again the relegation danger zone maybe isn't as clear cut as i first thought a week ago. A couple of wins for the bottom 4 and it's a 8 team dogfight to avoid the 3 relegation places. The trick being to get a least a point a game over the piece. Standby for managers coming and going as the panic button is hit again. Don't be surprised if some teams end up on manager 3 by Easter or Christmas or October week.

I'll predict now that Petershill won't go down.

I will predict now St Rochs won't go down

Oh a side issue

Best player I have saw in the championship this season was yesterday I thought the young boy miller at Irvine Victoria looked a right good prospect

Liam definitely stood out for us yesterday On a day when everything that could go wrong did. Performance was not at the level of previous weeks and for first 45 we were very passive. Second 45 seen an improvement but wasn't to be with the way things panned out. Didn't think there was 3 goals in it but goals win games and I have to say they were 4 sublime finishes.
See you at the JMP in the return fixture,
All the best
T

I will predict now St Rochs won't go down Oh a side issue
Best player I have saw in the championship this season was yesterday I thought the young boy miller at Irvine Victoria looked a right good prospect

Cheers T another great wee day out at a fantastic ground and a good club all the best for the season as i look forward to going to your ground [emoji106]

Yes will hopefully catch up with you at JMP

Liam definitely stood out for us yesterday On a day when everything that could go wrong did. Performance was not at the level of previous weeks and for first 45 we were very passive. Second 45 seen an improvement but wasn't to be with the way things panned out. Didn't think there was 3 goals in it but goals win games and I have to say they were 4 sublime finishes.

See you at the JMP in the return fixture,

All the best

T

Hard to believe with the last heat wave of the year but some teams in the Championship have now played a third of the league games for the season.

Darvel now going out in front with four or five teams  all being in with chance of a promotion spot behind them.

Bargain basement at the bottom end with St Roch's with one win in ten looking like it's over for this season. Thought second bottom Petershill would have got a result today at home v Gartcairn. It was not to be and i might need to reappraise my prediction of Peasy staying up. Obviously something seriously wrong at both (two managers each so far) clubs. Take it the comings and goings over the summer, player wise, haven't worked out.

Good result for Craigmark today. Been playing well recently but losing. 

Craigmark better team in 1st half and up 2 nil at half time. Arthurlie got 1 back and were the better team in 2nd half. They had a man sent off for 2 yellows within a minute. Was pretty even after that then Arthurlie had another man sent off late on. Craigmark had a couple chances after that to make sure of result but missed them. 

Cumbernauld 1-1 neilston

draw was about right today we prob had best of chances but theyhad most of possession .. was a enjoyable game 

said the exact same last year when we played them Cumbernauld are good on the eye but final  third doesn’t seem to happen not direct enough too many side wards passes 

some of the best after match hospitality also away teams are well looked after .. see youz in the return leg 

Petershill 1 v 3 Gartcairn

delighted to get 3 points today. Our season has been a frustrating one so far. No team we have played in my opinion have been any better than us however basic mistakes have been costing us while we need to score screamers to get in front. Nearly a full squad today and it showed as we were very comfortable. As for Peasy, huge squad but lots not good enough I’m hearing after today, Lauchy will keep them up but lots of changes required to do so.

What’s happened TT looks like a 2 league gap next season

In my opinion, too many players playing out of position. Should be building our team round young Kerr who is our best player, he’s struggling to get a start and when he does it’s out on the left [emoji30] we’ve went from looking like promotion contenders against Cumbernauld to shipping goals left, right n centre in the last 5 games. Doesn’t look a happy camp right now for whatever reason

In my opinion, too many players playing out of position. Should be building our team round young Kerr who is our best player, he’s struggling to get a start and when he does it’s out on the left [emoji30] we’ve went from looking like promotion contenders against Cumbernauld to shipping goals left, right n centre in the last 5 games. Doesn’t look a happy camp right now for whatever reason

Sure big Peter will get it right he’s a top manager