West Region Championship 2019/2020

Rochstar1920

Neilston 1-0 whitletts 
Opening game of new season at the brig and a hard working neilston took the points ... neilston played majority of 2nd half with 10 men and the boys wurked there socks off with the winner and absolute beauty of a free kick.. ref was very poor I thought with no linesman also 
game in general wasn’t the prettiest but we will take it 
park was superb also today 
all the best to whitletts 
Disappointed with the result we had enough chances to win this twice over. I agree the ref was shocking the day for both teams and the keeper should have saved the free kick but well done see yous at dam park [emoji108][emoji108]

Camby 3-0 neilston 
Absolutely rank rotten from us today neva seen so many players hving off days ..
this is not disrespectful towards camby but thought both teams were very poor 
two fine strikes for two of there goals 
all the best and see youz in return tie 

The Neilston 8 was the best player on the night. The 10 for Neilston terrible, offside all night and full of moaning.
Game could of went either way up until 70 th minute. Then it was chance after chance for cambuslang.
The match was won with just that little bit extra quality in front of goal from cambuslang, will be a close rematch I believe

Lost 3-2 away to Petershill with the last kick of the game. Gutting way to lose, but im not too disheartened as we’ve done more than enough to win that. Thats two good away performances and taken no points, so hopefully our luck changes at some point. Home to Cumbernauld next so another cracker of a fixture

Lost 3-2 away to Petershill with the last kick of the game. Gutting way to lose, but im not too disheartened as we’ve done more than enough to win that. Thats two good away performances and taken no points, so hopefully our luck changes at some point. Home to Cumbernauld next so another cracker of a fixture

It’s not luck you need it’s a goalie. Petershill scores three goals but only actually created one chance (that I recall). And that was a mistake from the centre half who watched the runner glide past. Their three goals were all down to errors. It was a good game to watch as a neutral, particularly the second half.

Gartcairn got beat 3-2 today by Irvine Vic’s, all credit to the Vic’s who put three past us in the worst first half I’ve seen from the cairn in a competitive match since our inception, no guts no fight and no desire, hard to believe that the majority of them won the league last season.
But the don’t need me to berate them , from what I heard there was an industrial hairdryer at half time that would have put sir Alex to shame.
Second half we looked more composed but still not at the top of our game, few changes made on 60 minutes and we pushed, and we pushed and we pushed, eventually a giggsy trademark lob put us 3-1 down, then another even better lob 3-2.
At this point everything including the kitchen sink was being thrown at the Vic’s goal, a combination of poor finishing and some good goalkeeping stop us equalizing and maybe even winning it.
In between all this three penalty claims, first one a stonewaller , the refs view was blocked but Lino could see it clearly and how she never gave I don’t know, next was a clear handball, the ball changed direction but yet again allegedly the laws have changed and now again needs to be in an unnatural position, it’s been explained to me three different ways and I’ve still no clue as they are all different, what chance have the refs got.
Next up keeper clattered Kev Ross but in fairness that was 50-50

No man of the match today as in truth no one deserved it.

All in all must do better

Sctv, I can't argue with you about a game of two halves as me and my mate missed most of the first half due to bring held up with roadworks. However I will say is that in the bit of the first half we did see the Vics scored their 2nd & 3rd goals and could had a couple more before halftime.
Start of second half we had a couple of more chances to extend our lead which would have finished the game before you pulled one back. We had two more gilt edged chances after you scored to go to 4-1.
Then you scored your second which made it squeaky bum time for us in the last 10 mins.
Both finishes for your goals were sweet and I felt you had one definite penalty. Your other claims were a bit soft and hopeful on your part but on another day with a different ref you might have got it.
I also thought the ref should get a mention as he was fair to both teams, wasn't over fussy and tried to keep the game flowing.
Anyway all the best and hope to see you guys at Irvine later in the season as there was lots of good chat between the boys today for my first visit.
T

Clinical performance from the "nauld today  against a strangely subdued and toothless St Rochs........Wednesday nights come back against Shotts looks even more worthy given their result against the East Ayrshire Galacticos today...ah well onwards and upwards hopefully looking forward to next weeks encounter with Whittlets

Gartcairn got beat 3-2 today by Irvine Vic’s, all credit to the Vic’s who put three past us in the worst first half I’ve seen from the cairn in a competitive match since our inception, no guts no fight and no desire, hard to believe that the majority of them won the league last season.
But the don’t need me to berate them , from what I heard there was an industrial hairdryer at half time that would have put sir Alex to shame.
Second half we looked more composed but still not at the top of our game, few changes made on 60 minutes and we pushed, and we pushed and we pushed, eventually a giggsy trademark lob put us 3-1 down, then another even better lob 3-2.
At this point everything including the kitchen sink was being thrown at the Vic’s goal, a combination of poor finishing and some good goalkeeping stop us equalizing and maybe even winning it.
In between all this three penalty claims, first one a stonewaller , the refs view was blocked but Lino could see it clearly and how she never gave I don’t know, next was a clear handball, the ball changed direction but yet again allegedly the laws have changed and now again needs to be in an unnatural position, it’s been explained to me three different ways and I’ve still no clue as they are all different, what chance have the refs got.
Next up keeper clattered Kev Ross but in fairness that was 50-50

No man of the match today as in truth no one deserved it.

All in all must do better
Agree with a lot of what you say, although vics could have scored another goal or two inbetween. Enjoyed meeting you, good people and good patter. See you at Irvine.

Irvine 0-1 neilston

any away win is decent so happy enough 

to be honest expected wee bit more from. Vics after bright start to season but thought we were in control and our goalie neva had much to do bar last min of game where he made fine save 

dnt know I it was due to the wind but the vics seemed like a  long baw team which wasn’t the case last year ... seemed like they wanted the ball to go back to keeper so he could launch it 

all the best vics and see you in return leg 

Delighted to beat top of the league Cumbernauld 2-1 at Dam Park yesterday. They turned us over quite easily twice last season so good to get that monkey off our back. Good team Cumbernauld, and I’d expect them to be challenging for promotion this season. That was the 1st of 3 really hard fixtures for us this week, with Darvel to come Wednesday and Talbot on Saturday

You can split a 30 game league into a number of clear toll gates. 3/5/6/10/12/15/18/ 20/24 games mark plus before and after Christmas. Even at this very early stage it looks like some teams are looking like promotion hopefuls and others close to pressing the don't panic button. The easiest cliche is it's far too early to predict the winners and losers, although if you haven't won a game out the first 6 then promotion might be slightly beyond you. At 10 the winners and losers should be clearer. The old 2 points a game plus 2 should still be adhered to. 62 pts to put you in the big league above and 32 pts to stop you talking about building for next season in a lower league. I'll look again when everybody has played 6 games.

A great 3 points for Kilsyth Rangers tonight away at Petershill, after our keeper went off injured, we played most of the 2nd half with centre half Ross Tierney in goals, Petershill should have shot at goal at every opportunity bit didn't really trouble him apart from their goal.

Our management team now need to get a goalkeeper in asap, we have went far too long without a sub keeper and it was only a matter of time before it caught up with us imo

Edited by Krfc 10