West Region Championship 2019/2020

Rochstar1920

Top 3

Cumbernauld
Darvel
St.Rochs

Loads a folk tipping is to go doon. Hopefully prove them wrong.

Down

Girvan
Dalry
Shotts
Can't see either the Roch or Cumbernauld going up nor Shotts going down but stranger things have happened and one thing is for sure I think with the exception of Darvel being runaway winners lots of games are gonna be close and highly contested .

40 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
2 hours ago, PatnaDunty said:
Top 3

Cumbernauld
Darvel
St.Rochs

Down

Girvan
Dalry
Shotts

Can't see either the Roch or Cumbernauld going up nor Shotts going down but stranger things have happened and one thing is for sure I think with the exception of Darvel being runaway winners lots of games are gonna be close and highly contested .

Can't see Girvan going down either, as they're not even in the league, as PatnaDunty well knows.

Hopefully see us back up next season. 🤞

Spanks made some quality signings, as well as keeping most of the boys from last season, so I expect you to be definitely fighting for promotion

Spanks made some quality signings, as well as keeping most of the boys from last season, so I expect you to be definitely fighting for promotion

It’s quite down here regarding signings, most of us supporters won’t find out who we have until the first preseason matches start. I did hear that preseason training starts tomorrow.

Top 3

Cumbernauld
Darvel
St.Rochs

Down

Girvan
Dalry
Shotts

I’m sure yous have enough to survive although I heard your keeper was away to Beith, That’s a loss.

On 26/06/2019 at 20:16, Terry Tibbs said:

Hearing we’re away to Neilston in our 1st league game. If its anything like last seasons up there, it’ll be a cracker. Think we came back twice to win 5-4

And our 3-2 win at Dam Park meant a total of14 goals in the two games. 

It'll probably end 0-0 😂

Edited by Brig O'Lea

And our 3-2 win at Dam Park meant a total of14 goals in the two games. 
It'll probably end 0-0 [emoji23]

I missed the home game, but your probably right [emoji85]

This looks like a good competitive league this season, the usual teams from last season will be battling for promotion along side Darvel who have brought in some good quality player. Whitletts will be a dark horse under Peter Leonard who we had at Girvan and he could make the difference there. I see he has signed wee Rab, great player when he was with us at Girvan.
Our aim is to be back in this league next season but we know it will be very difficult.

This looks like a good competitive league this season, the usual teams from last season will be battling for promotion along side Darvel who have brought in some good quality player. Whitletts will be a dark horse under Peter Leonard who we had at Girvan and he could make the difference there. I see he has signed wee Rab, great player when he was with us at Girvan.
Our aim is to be back in this league next season but we know it will be very difficult.

Best of luck for season ahead at Girvan, I agree that Whitlets will do well, they now have a manager that can match the clubs ambitions, also who players will play for.

Whitletts always have good managers. They have a good committee who take their time over appointments and always get the right man.
Some good players there that I would like to have seen at Girvan and I’m sure Peter will get the best out of them.
I like both fullbacks, I don’t know there names but I would have them at Girvan.

Whitletts always have good managers. They have a good committee who take their time over appointments and always get the right man.
Some good players there that I would like to have seen at Girvan and I’m sure Peter will get the best out of them.
I like both fullbacks, I don’t know there names but I would have them at Girvan.

I wouldn’t say we always get it right, we’ve had a few disasters over the years. The one thing I would say is for a committee who had no experience of running a club, there doing a great job. Few mistakes along the way, which is always going to happen, but the progress we have made off the park is remarkable considering the state the club was in when the committee took over

I wouldn’t say we always get it right, we’ve had a few disasters over the years. The one thing I would say is for a committee who had no experience of running a club, there doing a great job. Few mistakes along the way, which is always going to happen, but the progress we have made off the park is remarkable considering the state the club was in when the committee took over

I must admit, whenever I go to a match against Whitletts it always feels like we are playing a much bigger team. I don’t feel like that at Darvel, well at least I haven’t, it may feel different this season but I won’t be visiting as we are in a different league.
Winton also feel like a much bigger club to me, it’s maybe to do with the ground and the stands. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel like that at Darvel, I’m sure that will change soon.

Top 3 this year imo is Kilsyth Cumbernauld and Renfrew, in no particular order

No Darvel?
I think with Peter at Whitletts they will be in the mix as well. I think Darvel will be promoted, and it’s between another 4 or 5 teams for the remaining spots.

I see nobody is predicting top 3 or bottom 3 for Arthurlie.  To be fair that will do for me. The lack of transfer activity up Barrhead way is getting comical.  As i understand it, we have signed a keeper, a centre back on a free and a boy from under 21s.  Not showing much ambition if you ask me.  Season of struggle ahead for the long suffering Dunterlie faithful?