West Region Championship 2019/2020

Rochstar1920

New thread for the new season.(I know this season technically hasn't finish as the cup final hasn't been)

Looks like another tough league next season.

Arthurlie

Blantyre Victoria

Cambuslang Rangers

Craigmark Burntonians

Cumbernauld United

Dalry

Darvel

Gartcairn

Irvine Victoria

Kilsyth Rangers

Neilston

Petershill

Renfrew

Shotts Bon Accord

St Rochs

Whitletts Victoria

Wouldn't be surprised two out of three of those teams (Peasy and Renfrew) coming down the way go straight back up. That would only leave one place for 6 teams (Arthurlie, Cumbernauld, Kilsyth Rangers, Darvel, Blantyre Vics and Neilston) to fight it out for. The rest could well be fighting relegation from July onwards. Think this might be step too far for Gartcairn at this stage, they'll be doing well to stay mid table.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:
Looking forward to this. Another few new grounds to tick off the list

Same for me, as well as Dam Park I haven't been to Craigmark, Dalry or Gartcairn.

Gartcairn will be new for me if the move goes through as quoted, was at the current place last season, been to the others.  Craigmark is a fair jaunt but nice we set up with a bar inside the ground etc.

Wouldn't be surprised two out of three of those teams (Peasy and Renfrew) coming down the way go straight back up. That would only leave one place for 6 teams (Arthurlie, Cumbernauld, Kilsyth Rangers, Darvel, Blantyre Vics and Neilston) to fight it out for. The rest could well be fighting relegation from July onwards. Think this might be step too far for Gartcairn at this stage, they'll be doing well to stay mid table.
[/quote

You’ve got Blantyre Vic’s who finished two places from us as challenging for the third promotion spot and us as relegation fodder? And I do reckon the Vics are the best team we played last year but I Fail to see the logic but everyone’s entitled to an opinion.
What I will say is we are spending off the park so won’t have fortunes on it albeit at least two teams had double our budget last year and we still came out top.

We have a core of good players and hope to challenge, certainly don’t fear anyone but won’t underestimate anyone either.
All the best to all the teams we are meeting next season.

46 minutes ago, sctv said:
On 27/05/2019 at 20:44, Tutankhamen said:
[/quote

You’ve got Blantyre Vic’s who finished two places from us as challenging for the third promotion spot and us as relegation fodder? And I do reckon the Vics are the best team we played last year but I Fail to see the logic but everyone’s entitled to an opinion.
What I will say is we are spending off the park so won’t have fortunes on it albeit at least two teams had double our budget last year and we still came out top.

We have a core of good players and hope to challenge, certainly don’t fear anyone but won’t underestimate anyone either.
All the best to all the teams we are meeting next season.

We also beat Kilsyth, Blantyre and Cumbernauld last season :-p

I've always felt this is the toughest league of all in the West,

albeit things have changed a bit since we last "graced" it,

two more teams and only 3 relegation places looks like it gives a wee bit more breathing space?

But the make up hasn't changed much,

teams relegated from the Premiership who will look to bounce back immediately,

those who feel aggrieved, unlucky, etc that they just missed out on promotion the previous year,

then a few who will look to kick on after consolidating from their first season, etc at that level,

and there's always those with a bit of momentum coming up from the league below.

So I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that those who got relegated will bounce straight back,

I'd like to think we'll be in the mix,

we've kept the bulk of the team that so narrowly failed to stay up,

but that ultimately counts for nothing if we don't produce the goods on the park,

still haunted by losing the league to Talbot on goal difference then tailed off bottom and relegated the next season!

Really looking forward to next season playing against so many famous junior clubs with some excellent grounds.

Darvel, Cumbernauld, Peasy, Arthurlie for me will be the favs but any team in this league are very capable of putting good runs together so who knows. 

I will predict that neither Gartcairn Blantyre or Shotts will get relegated though.

Good luck to all clubs