Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

14 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Doune win the league! Game on Saturday forfieted by the oposition so league goes to Doune, weird way to win it though!

Shame, was thinking of going there. Seen them in pre-season against Stirling Uni EOS and they played quite well.

5 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

2 of the last 3 games for doune were forfeited by the opposition. Would’ve expected doune to win both but not a good look for the league and you wouldn’t be too happy if you were EKYM. 

Both ourselves and EKYM awarded the game against Dalziel. We moved the kick off time in our final game to help our opposition so our guys won it on the park. However that became out of our control. Its not the way we wanted to win it and it ruins a good day for the guys. However you don't know whats going on elsewhere. We will enjoy and make the most of our plans on the final day with a bounce game, where the player will still receive the trophy and medals.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Season starts this weekend. Who is everyone’s tip for the leagues?
Not seen much about signings on twitter so an uneducated guess would be doune, EK and dunbarton to be fighting at the top. Dunbarton had a poor season by there recent standards last year and EK dropped too many points against teams they’d be fancied to beat. Doune were just relentless in the run in so be interesting to see if that can carry that on. 

1st division looks to be a cracker with a few good teams joining. Got to fancy Drum to win that but I’ve heard Dunipace have signed a few so possibly between those two? Think it was a good season for Milton to get promoted cause I think whoever was in the league last year will struggle to get out of the league now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

St Pats and Campsie Minerva joining The Caley.

The Scottish Premier AFL is really struggling. The Central Scottish finished last year with 19 clubs. When St. Pats and Campsie Minerva leave, there will be just 9 of those clubs left in the Scottish Premier AFL.

Caley - St. Pats, Campsie Minerva, Dunipace, Drumchapel

Greater Glasgow - Garrowhill Thistle

Saturday Morning - Third Lanark

Folded - Lesmahagow, Castlemilk Dynamo, Wishaw HSFPs, Holytown Colts

It's starting to look like the Central Scottish has given up its position as possibly the strongest league with the merger and now be clearly behind the Caley. I suppose whatever is left of the league in a few years time might eventually merge with the Caley anyway...

Edited by stanley

13 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I have heard that bannockburn and castlemilk obc are looking to move too

The SPAFL has shot its bolt I think. If, as rumoured, St Pats and Campsie to Calie they are 100% top league in Scotland. I also heard GHSFP making the move also. Interesting times for the Calie

On 13/01/2024 at 11:11, Amateur Footie Fan said:

The SPAFL has shot its bolt I think. If, as rumoured, St Pats and Campsie to Calie they are 100% top league in Scotland. I also heard GHSFP making the move also. Interesting times for the Calie

That's no true... The GHSFP Part anyway. 

I can see it now the S.I.C.K. [ self interest cally klubs ] patting themselves in the back especially the dinosaurs at giffnock and cambusbarron with  " I told you so " attitude so when you read this ask yourself  are you really interested in saving saturday afternoon football or is it we dont give 2 f *** s about it  as we are ok and if you want to come and join us your welcome if this is the case what was wrong with the full amalgamation of all the Leagues its the same at the end of the day apart from you kept your precious  cally name 

As for the Drums dunipace st pats and campsie all two faced as I attended the meeting you all voted to join the scottish amateur but I suppose the S.I.C.K name will be to you understanding 

I know this will come across as a bitter post but more of frustration of what could have been 

On 16/01/2024 at 18:37, Amateur Fan said:

I can see it now the S.I.C.K. [ self interest cally klubs ] patting themselves in the back especially the dinosaurs at giffnock and cambusbarron with  " I told you so " attitude so when you read this ask yourself  are you really interested in saving saturday afternoon football or is it we dont give 2 f *** s about it  as we are ok and if you want to come and join us your welcome if this is the case what was wrong with the full amalgamation of all the Leagues its the same at the end of the day apart from you kept your precious  cally name 

As for the Drums dunipace st pats and campsie all two faced as I attended the meeting you all voted to join the scottish amateur but I suppose the S.I.C.K name will be to you understanding 

I know this will come across as a bitter post but more of frustration of what could have been 

TBH it does come across as 100% bitter 🤣🤣

Leagues are entitled to make their own decision to amalgamate or not, and just because it doesn't suit you it comes across as petty and weak. IF the rumours are true about St Pats and Campsie Minerva, currently sitting 1st & 3rd in the Scottish 'Premier' Amateur League (only 9 teams in it right enough), switching to the Calie League then that should set alarm bells ringing in that league. 

Clubs are switching, for whatever reasons, but things can't be great or it wouldn't be the case.  Maybe the league that's losing teams should ask the question WHY as opposed to throwing insults at a league running its business properly and in a way that attracts quality clubs to it.

It certainly looks like the amalgamation hasn't worked and rumours abound of more movement in the same direction so when the dust settles lets see what state the leagues are in. 

46 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

TBH it does come across as 100% bitter 🤣🤣

Leagues are entitled to make their own decision to amalgamate or not, and just because it doesn't suit you it comes across as petty and weak. IF the rumours are true about St Pats and Campsie Minerva, currently sitting 1st & 3rd in the Scottish 'Premier' Amateur League (only 9 teams in it right enough), switching to the Calie League then that should set alarm bells ringing in that league. 

Clubs are switching, for whatever reasons, but things can't be great or it wouldn't be the case.  Maybe the league that's losing teams should ask the question WHY as opposed to throwing insults at a league running its business properly and in a way that attracts quality clubs to it.

It certainly looks like the amalgamation hasn't worked and rumours abound of more movement in the same direction so when the dust settles lets see what state the leagues are in. 

St Pats and Campsie Minerva confirmed by the Caledonian League on twitter. No doubt about it now, interesting times.

On 16/01/2024 at 18:37, Amateur Fan said:

I don't see how this can be blamed on the Caley Clubs. The Caley said no to a merger and 1 year later the top team in Scotland over the last few years joins along with a very good Campsie side.