Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

On 01/07/2022 at 08:35, Crazy Feet said:

Houston are organising preseason games on Twitter and no mention of them transitioning over to Thorn. Strange one.

Maybe Houston United are replacing Thorn in the League i,e, moving as a new club under their own name?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caledonian fixtures are finally out:

Date Time Home Team   Away Team Venue  
Division icon 13/08/22
14:00
CAMBRIA AFC CAMBRIA AFC vs DALZIEL HSFP DALZIEL HSFP STEPPS PLAYING FIELDS  
Division icon 13/08/22
CAMBUSBARRON ROVERS AFC CAMBUSBARRON ROVERS AFC vs MILNGAVIE WANDERERS AFC MILNGAVIE WANDERERS AFC Mill Road Park  
Division icon 13/08/22
DOUNE CASTLE AFC DOUNE CASTLE AFC vs EAST KILBRIDE YM FC EAST KILBRIDE YM FC MORAY PARK  
Division icon 13/08/22
EAGLESHAM AFC EAGLESHAM AFC vs DUMBARTON ACADEMY FP DUMBARTON ACADEMY FP EAGLESHAM PLAYING FIELDS  
Division icon 13/08/22
GIFFNOCK NORTH AFC GIFFNOCK NORTH AFC vs ST MUNGOS AFC ST MUNGOS AFC NORTHOLM  
Division icon 13/08/22
WISHAW WYCOMBE WANDERERS AFC WISHAW WYCOMBE WANDERERS AFC vs ST JOSEPHS AFC ST JOSEPHS AFC CLYDE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL  

• 4 months later...

Stenhousemuir Community rejoining league for 2023-24 (they entered the Scottish Cup this year with their U21 team).  Alva and Riverside leaving Stirling League to join as well.

Stirling League now with only 9 teams - in danger of folding if any more teams go.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very exciting. EK already with the points on the board and bit of catching up to do for doune. Would be some season if doune win it after being promoted last year, league and east of Scotland cup double. How many get relegated? If it’s only 2 I don’t think there will be much hope for the 2 there the now! If it’s 3 then lots to play for to avoid that last relegation spot 

Fancy doune to get over the line. On a great run and they don’t need to play EK again who have beaten them 3 times this season with doune winning 1. 
Milton promoted and possibly dunblane in a play off I don’t think the premier will be any stronger next season however the first division should be a cracker with some good teams joining who will add quality to the prem the following season. 

On 15/05/2023 at 08:22, ThePlayer said:

Very exciting. EK already with the points on the board and bit of catching up to do for doune. Would be some season if doune win it after being promoted last year, league and east of Scotland cup double. How many get relegated? If it’s only 2 I don’t think there will be much hope for the 2 there the now! If it’s 3 then lots to play for to avoid that last relegation spot 

I think three go down with 4th bottom playing Dunblane (2nd in 1st Division) in a playoff.

On 27/05/2023 at 11:02, Gaf said:

Doune v Dalziel off due to Dalziel forfeiting the tie, according to Doune's twitter page. Surely that puts Doune 3 points ahead now on level games?

Yeah it will, both doune and EKYM won last night too, so 3 points ahead going into last game. I think the fixtures are doune/Cambria and EKYM/St Joes. Would imagine both getting a win on final day, although doune only need 1 point to win the league