Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

Caught a bit of the accies game last night and they were well on top. I didn't notice any notable players missing and looks to be much the same squad as last season.
Only one I know of that's left is Allan MacPherson as hes signed with Lomond Vale.

4 hours ago, josecc said:

2/3 games into the season already and that prediction about the top 3 in the premier looks like it could be bang on.

St Mungo's also started well after getting promoted last year

Only Kilsyth letting me down in First Division so far. But plenty of time ;)

11 hours ago, josecc said:

2/3 games into the season already and that prediction about the top 3 in the premier looks like it could be bang on.

St Mungo's also started well after getting promoted last year

Took in St Mungo’s v Glasgow Harp last night, very impressed with St Mungo’s, expect them to be in the top half of table. Glasgow Harp looked very poor.

Edited by CF72

Would football not drive you to drink? lol had a steady and very competitive pre-season with plenty of bodies etc. First 3 competitive games and scratching to get a team together. No arguing about our losses but in each game we have been in it for long spells but lack of subs and key players missing kills us. Ive never known as many players to be on holiday or working in my life. Its the sad reality of life in general where players have to work.

Travelling for midweek games is the same for everyone so no point me complaining about that. We travel to Finnart tomorrow night with a depleted squad again and hope for the best. Like most teams you just have to plug away and hope to turn the corner.

Did Finnart manage to bring some players up from their 21s? The ammys were pretty poor towards the end of last season but they had a good U21 side, so maybe they have benefited from that?

Mungo looking really good, A lot of ex St Rochs players there now.

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:12, Boab17 said:

Would football not drive you to drink? lol had a steady and very competitive pre-season with plenty of bodies etc. First 3 competitive games and scratching to get a team together. No arguing about our losses but in each game we have been in it for long spells but lack of subs and key players missing kills us. Ive never known as many players to be on holiday or working in my life. Its the sad reality of life in general where players have to work.

Travelling for midweek games is the same for everyone so no point me complaining about that. We travel to Finnart tomorrow night with a depleted squad again and hope for the best. Like most teams you just have to plug away and hope to turn the corner.

Drive me to more than drink mate, conceding 31 goals in 3 games must be tough to take, fair play to you for keeping a fantastic wee club going. Loved my time down there, although has to be said it was more like a Pollok, Priesthill, Nitshill select back then. Keep your chin up and all the best for the rest of season.

Never saw those results coming today, Thorn and Dunbarton skekped
I watched the 1st half hour of the Accies game today, although they were 1-0 down when I left (to a very dubious offside decision) I didnt see a 4-0 coming as both teams looked well matched. Accies did look as though they had a good few missing mind you.

I watched the 1st half hour of the Accies game today, although they were 1-0 down when I left (to a very dubious offside decision) I didnt see a 4-0 coming as both teams looked well matched. Accies did look as though they had a good few missing mind you.

Wit game were you watching pal?

• 3 weeks later...
Guys ! Not much Happenin on the Caley Chat, early pace setters, who’s looking title contenders And what about the big Premier Division clash tomorrow between Dumbarton FP’s and Giffnock North - the last 2 unbeaten teams in the division ?
Gimme your thoughts
Should be a good game tomorrow. Both teams started the league well. Dumbarton maybe with the slight edge being at home. I will go 3-1 dumbarton

Guys ! Not much Happenin on the Caley Chat, early pace setters, who’s looking title contenders And what about the big Premier Division clash tomorrow between Dumbarton FP’s and Giffnock North - the last 2 unbeaten teams in the division ?
Gimme your thoughts

My guess of Wishaw being in there now seems way off the mark. No surprise Dumbarton and Giffnock up there and now think this may well be two fighting it out at the end of the season. The new boys of St Mungo and EK got off to flyers but stuttered a bit. Giffnock boys telling me EK play nice football but wont be up the top end at end of season as not got the bottle in big games. Still think Thorn could be in the mix as the season progresses.