Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

Next year sees the 2 first divisions merge for the first time. This should take away the what leagues best argument as all 15 teams are in it. Here is the line up as it stands, whats the predictions:

Milton AFC

Kilsyth

Finnart

Viewfield Rovers

Holytown Colts

Westerlands

Dunblane

Weirs Recreational

Dal Riata

Cambusbarron Rovers

Rothesay

Stirling Uni

RHU

Doune Castle

Callander Thistle

One things for sure its going to be competitive.

It does look a good league and much better than the 8/9 team divisions that they ended up with. Excellent management of the league by the committee who have for years have looked after all their clubs whether it be paying the clubs SAFA fees each year or making decisions in the best interests of the clubs

21 minutes ago, pdk said:

It does look a good league and much better than the 8/9 team divisions that they ended up with. Excellent management of the league by the committee who have for years have looked after all their clubs whether it be paying the clubs SAFA fees each year or making decisions in the best interests of the clubs

Only established clubs they are inviting into the league now as well. With the amount of money flying around in the Central Scottish League, the genuine teams are going to get really frustrated and look to move as it's not a level playing field.

Yeah fair play to the Caley guys for changing and trying something new. 

The race for promotion shud be exciting. You will probly find this will become a league of 2 halves tho. 

Doune , kilsyth , Milton, finnart & Cambusbarron will all be looking to get back into Premier asap. 

Cup runs may affect the eventual outcome of this league.

Al go for Kilsyth to win it, Doune runners up.

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Only established clubs they are inviting into the league now as well. With the amount of money flying around in the Central Scottish League, the genuine teams are going to get really frustrated and look to move as it's not a level playing field.

Who in the Central is paying now ? see if a can get a move.

How will the promoted teams fair in the premier division next season. Milngavie, Eaglesham, East Kilbride and St Mungo's. Will the aim be to avoid relegation?
Will 1st and 2nd from the last 2 seasons Thorn and Dumbarton run away with it again?

Your right there …..it will be June for one or two especially Rothesay Brandane…… is that better not really sure 

Uve realy got in in fir other leagues. A wee search of P&B finds yure a SAFL Committee guy apparentlg. Youve been habing a go at Central and Calie quite a few times. Even provate messaged me recently to have a go about Calie new league formation for nixt seazon???? Checked Calie website and Rothessys last game was 13/04 yet SAFL teamd playing numerous midweek ganes for weeks after thaf date. So youre digs are jist nonsens. Why do you have to consyintly dig at other leages when tbe teams all seem more than happy with thd new league set up?? Would yoy no be beyter cobcentratinv on owm league instead of snide digs on here.

Uve realy got in in fir other leagues. A wee search of P&B finds yure a SAFL Committee guy apparentlg. Youve been habing a go at Central and Calie quite a few times. Even provate messaged me recently to have a go about Calie new league formation for nixt seazon???? Checked Calie website and Rothessys last game was 13/04 yet SAFL teamd playing numerous midweek ganes for weeks after thaf date. So youre digs are jist nonsens. Why do you have to consyintly dig at other leages when tbe teams all seem more than happy with thd new league set up?? Would yoy no be beyter cobcentratinv on owm league instead of snide digs on here.

Spell check not workin oviously

How will the promoted teams fair in the premier division next season. Milngavie, Eaglesham, East Kilbride and St Mungo's. Will the aim be to avoid relegation?
Will 1st and 2nd from the last 2 seasons Thorn and Dumbarton run away with it again?

EK will probably be up there in top 4-6. Think the others will thrive in a harder division but would be doing well to be hovering around mid-table.

Giffnock will make some improvements having merged with Southside and having more strength in depth, Cambria and Wishaw likely to improve as well I think, building on first season in the Premier, more than holding their own against the bigger and more established opposition.
Be a very interesting season, looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

Touched a raw nerve there Amateur Footie fan.....

And I did look @ Rothesay last listed fixture and its was the 13th of April but that was 16 game season [ I do understand that the games were more likely spread out over the season ] ….this Division is a 28 games season and I am sure you can work out that based on last seasons you have not got enough Saturdays left

ps

And here I was thinking private messaging was exactly that..... 

pps

I have not a problem with the Cally set up good luck to them [ it was the change of the promotion / relegation mid season  ] 

Apparently the league cup for teams in the 1st divisions has been scrapped. This was played over the last 6 weeks(roughly) of the season. Also another league cup that usually starts the season as a cup section has been changed to straight knockout. This is what I was told but could be different.