Betting Apps

Just having a wee look through my transactions for the last month, wee £5ers here and £10ers there. It added up to about £140. Its not a scary amount for me, however I genuinely had no idea it would be as much as that. Total waste of money, considering I appear to be absolutely awful at betting.

Has anyone on here self blocked themselves from their online betting apps? I have deleted them from my phone but its easy enough to just download again. I'd like to block them for two or three month just to break the habit.

I done something similar a couple of months back. I found myself bored and just sticking a tenner on something that I had no real interest in because it's so accessible, it's easy to see how some people get totally hooked and end up out of control. 

I deleted all the apps from my phone, closed my accounts other than 1 and set a deposit limit on that one that meant I could still have a bet on the football etc but it keeps it at a reasonable level and I won't go chucked a fiver here and a tenner there on a random Thursday night horse race.

That sounds like a better idea.

I have already self excluded myself from Sky Bet and BetFair for a year. I think I will leave a deposit limit of £5 per week for a Saturday coupon on Bet 365 which is the main account I use.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Just having a wee look through my transactions for the last month, wee £5ers here and £10ers there. It added up to about £140. Its not a scary amount for me, however I genuinely had no idea it would be as much as that. Total waste of money, considering I appear to be absolutely awful at betting.

Has anyone on here self blocked themselves from their online betting apps? I have deleted them from my phone but its easy enough to just download again. I'd like to block them for two or three month just to break the habit.

If it's mainly football the summer should be a fairly easy time to wean yourself off the habit.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If it's mainly football the summer should be a fairly easy time to wean yourself off the habit.

Only ever football.

I've actually just looked at my profit/loss on bet 365. £266 up since January. -£66 for the full year. Not actually too bad,

Even so, its time to settle it down.

10 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Only ever football.

I've actually just looked at my profit/loss on bet 365. £266 up since January. -£66 for the full year. Not actually too bad,

Even so, its time to settle it down.

I've cut right down, too chicken to check my profit/loss but had a shite season. A Saturday £5 accumulator will do me.

Use gamstop and self exclude for 6 months. You won’t be able to use any app or website. Or self exclude from your accounts however their are more and more betting apps which makes it easier to just sign up for another one.

You can still go into a bookies and and put a coupon on

• 4 years later...