Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

1 minute ago, The_Judge said:

I think Ciro Immobile (the club and league's top scorer) only came on for the final 15 minutes at Celtic Park...a few days after he'd scored two and assisted the other of Lazio's 3 goals. 

Arguably Inzaghi underestimated Celtic's ability and was rightly punished.

Pretty sure they said he was struggling with a calf injury or something like that in the lead up to the game at CP which is why I said where possible.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Pretty sure they said he was struggling with a calf injury or something like that in the lead up to the game at CP which is why I said where possible.

That certainly sounds like a diplomatic answer to the question "why are you leaving your top scorer out for the match against the Scottish champions"?

Would be more believable if he hadn't played.  I can't see why you'd risk your best player unless you needed a goal in a must-win game as opposed to drawing 1-1 in round 3 of 6.

Edited by The_Judge

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Lennon has said he is going to play his strongest team for this but I would fancy giving on or two a chance to freshen up and rest others. 

Agreed Rennes haven't won an away fixture since August so this is a great opportunity to get some minutes into Taylor, Frimpong, Morgan, Rogic and/or Griffiths.

5 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Agreed Rennes haven't won an away fixture since August so this is a great opportunity to get some minutes into Taylor, Frimpong, Morgan, Rogic and/or Griffiths.

Frimpong wasn't registered for the group stages sadly. Really shows how far he's come in a short space of time though given they chose not to register him only a few months ago. Hes very close to being our first choice rb now.

Very festive teamsheet graphic from Celtic.  Interesting to see Morgan get some game time, and it looks as though Christie is leading the line with no natural striker in the starting XI.  Also good to see another academy player in Robertson get a spot on the bench, hopefully he gets a debut 

image.thumb.png.930617f4b747473c226f405cb46fa6fa.png

Edited by senorsoupe

One of the easiest group games I can remember but that cannot be Rennes first string - they had a centre half whose BMI was a double Hartson and a forward half the height of Forrest.

The fat centre half was laughable - put Morgan on his arse and did a Naismith style testosterone fuelled gloat despite being 2-0 down in a meaningless game and it being Lewis fucking Morgan.

Their fans were absolute class. Thought the atmosphere was fine in the circumstances sans GB too - us joining in their huddle was good.

Edited by The OP