Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

Guest Moomintroll

I like Kincy, I also like Romeo due to their innate ability to rouse other posters from teams, diddy or otherwise, into a state of utter Head's Gone with an apparently innocent post. Romeo especially caught me out with that a couple of times before I caught on. On that occasion Kincy went too far & was rightly slapped down for it, but you would miss him if he wasn't here, he isn't really a bad old gin soaked soul all in all.

I like Kincy, I also like Romeo due to their innate ability to rouse other posters from teams, diddy or otherwise, into a state of utter Head's Gone with an apparently innocent post. Romeo especially caught me out with that a couple of times before I caught on. On that occasion Kincy went too far & was rightly slapped down for it, but you would miss him if he wasn't here, he isn't really a bad old gin soaked soul all in all.

Kincy multi outed?

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

3 days before the game is pish timing from the board imo, also they would never have done this if we needed a win. Will change nothing.

Not a huge surprise that they've done this but as you say, the timing is poor. 

48 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

3 days before the game is pish timing from the board imo, also they would never have done this if we needed a win. Will change nothing.

Taking action first so that UEFA go easier on them in future, just like we did.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I think UEFA are going pretty easy on us as it, £15k fine for the umpteenth offence ain't bad.

Didn't UEFA close down a section at ibrox?

Could've had a whole game played  behind closed doors, we got a get out of jail free card tbf.

It looks like Lawwells realised that UEFA have probably had enough and stricter sanctions maybe coming, the green  brigade would be wise to heed the warning. 

Feels weird as f**k going in to a European game already though with a couple of games to spare. I never envisaged this, after the Cluj debacle I thought we would finish 3rd maybe 2nd depending on how seriously Rennes or Lazio took the Europa. In the end they both played their strongest teams where possible yet we have been brilliant, rode our luck at times but thanks to an outstanding shot stopper our defence seems streets ahead of last seasons despite it possibly looking worse on paper at the start of the season.

Lennon has said he is going to play his strongest team for this but I would fancy giving on or two a chance to freshen up and rest others. The league remains the priority for me. 

Anyway hopefully another win and top place secured, tickets also purchased today for Cluj in a few weeks in their home end but should be fine.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

In the end they both played their strongest teams where possible.

I think Ciro Immobile (the club and league's top scorer) only came on for the final 15 minutes at Celtic Park...a few days after he'd scored two and assisted the other of Lazio's 3 goals. 

Arguably Inzaghi underestimated Celtic's ability and was rightly punished.