Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

I'm not sure about the '2 points dropped' theory. Rennes had their chances to win it and put on a bit of pressure near the end. Great performance though. 

I thought we were the better side, a little bit more composure and I don’t think anyone would have reason to complain had we walked away with all 3pts.

For some reason you are looking at the lineup from the game where Celtic drew 1-1 away with Rennes in 2011 on a phone which doesn't have the battery life for you to be making such rudimentary errors. 

[emoji23][emoji106]. Long story but in Mallorca on hols just now and fairly sure I spotted Craig Gordon. Enough curiosity to (try and) Google Thursday’s teamsheets to see if he had been playing and that came up!

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of talk about Celtic's midfield recently whats the best?
For experience Brown,McGegor,Forrest,Rogic and Sinclair.
RB Leipzig at home probably our best result recently in Europe our midfield was McGregor,Christie,Forrest,Rogic and Sinclair.
The last time we played Cluj was Brown,Ntcham,Christie,Forrest and Johnston with McGregor at left back crazy but true.
For me Lennon should get it right this time.

23 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

A lot of talk about Celtic's midfield recently whats the best?
For experience Brown,McGegor,Forrest,Rogic and Sinclair.
RB Leipzig at home probably our best result recently in Europe our midfield was McGregor,Christie,Forrest,Rogic and Sinclair.
The last time we played Cluj was Brown,Ntcham,Christie,Forrest and Johnston with McGregor at left back crazy but true.
For me Lennon should get it right this time.

If we are talking for this Thursday Im saying Ntcham, Brown and Mcgregor in the middle. Christie and Forrest out wide.

I appreciate Christie is probably best utilised in the middle but Ntcham is hitting form and still think christie can be very effective out wide and think Boli can provide the width when required.

He was possibly my favourite  and most improved player under Rodgers but I think McGregor hasn't been the same since Lennon has taken over. Still puts in passable performances but often  passive at the same time.I think him and Brown could do with taking rests and also think Mcgregors best perfomances was when he was deeper with Brown out the team so I think will come soon where Lennon should possibly be alternating the two. By doing this it lets Christie play in the middle and allow for whatever winger is hitting form be it Johnston/Sinclair etc. I do love Ozzy Tam but I do wonder where he fits in Lennons team other than as impact sub as Christie is almost undroppable for me now.

Ps Tomorrow is a must win game for me.

Edited by gannonball

Not sure I'm a fan of shoehorning Ntcham into the team (no matter how well he's playing) and thereby playing Christie out of position. Doesn't ever seem to work well. 

I'd prefer Brown, McGregor and Christie in the middle and Forrest and one of Sinclair/Elynoussi on the right and left wing. Ntcham is normally good as an impact sub and Rogic is still pulling a cart - Christie is definitely preferable to him. 

19 hours ago, The OP said:

Not sure I'm a fan of shoehorning Ntcham into the team (no matter how well he's playing) and thereby playing Christie out of position. Doesn't ever seem to work well. 

I'd prefer Brown, McGregor and Christie in the middle and Forrest and one of Sinclair/Elynoussi on the right and left wing. Ntcham is normally good as an impact sub and Rogic is still pulling a cart - Christie is definitely preferable to him. 

I tend to agree with this but willing for Ntcham to prove us wrong if he starts.
If Lennon wants to stick with the 4-2-3-1 for me he could go back to the Deila years and play Biton and Brown with the 2 sitting and let the rest fight it out for the other 3 position.
This would also allow McGregor and Forrest a much needed rest from playing too many games.

12 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Gonna be baltic tonight.

We'll all be in our living rooms watching on BT though eh hahahahaha. 

The weather is actually to be a bit warmer than it has been but that's because it's gonna rain so every silver lining has a cloud in this instance.

I think the Celtic starting 11 is fairly straight forward tonight. The only question should be over who plays wide left. If Ntcham is in the side, he should be played there rather than moving 3/4 players out of position as was done on Saturday and in the last game against Cluj.