Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

A good barometer for how well we've done is the responses from the diddies.

We've done quite well by the look of things.

Are you talking about the violence or the football ?

tbf in European away ties  your GFITW are better at the violence than the team are on the park 

Solid draw, nobody was on the list of teams to fully avoid. Revenge against Cluj will (hopefully) be a dish served cold while Rennes is winnable IMHO. Lazio will be tough but would rather them than the likes of Arsenal, Sevilla, or Man U

9 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Solid draw, nobody was on the list of teams to fully avoid. Revenge against Cluj will (hopefully) be a dish served cold while Rennes is winnable IMHO. Lazio will be tough but would rather them than the likes of Arsenal, Sevilla, or Man U

Would've loved to go back to Seville beautiful city.

Celtic do well against the english apart from Arsenal.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Plays our best centre half and our best left back in their correct positions and we win the home leg with a clean sheet and 4-1 away from home.  Our coach has come up trumps AGAIN.

Happy with Lazio and Stade Rennais but CLUJ again, fucking hell!!

Sitting bleary eyed in Stockholm airport catching up on the gossip on here and elsewhere, regarding the trouble specifically here is my 100% accurate account from someone who was 10 yards from it.

1. The Hammarby story from Celtic is nonsense and frankly, embarrassing.  Yes, there were a few Hammarby fans in our end, I spoke to a couple on one of the shuttle buses laid on from the city centre to the stadium but they were nowhere near and, from what I could see had nothing to do with the skirmishes.....which brings me to...

2. The 'fighting' wasn't so much a fight as coppers simply steaming in and randomly whacking c***s in that small area, trust me I was yards away, there was no aggression from the Celtic fans to the police, not until they started getting smashed about the head and bodies with batons when obviously an element of self defense kicks in, trust me, I was there, my thinking was that, they were possibly looking for the three guys at the start of the game who set the pyrotechnics off, they came from that area but had their faces covered at the time, just before half time the police gathered to my immediate left and began pointing people out, then when the sides left the field steamed in all guns blazing, I'm not a fan of the pyrotechnics and don't condone it but that doesn't excuse the police just randomly smashing guys for the sake of it.

In short, the Hammarby story is bollocks and a red neck, there was pyrotechnics at the start of the match which shouldn't have been but the police behaviour was diabolical and, regardless of club allegiances that cannot be condoned, I will criticise our club and fans when justified and have done here, but I will also retort honestly about incidents in general and the police behaviour at half time was a fucking disgrace. 

Other moot points, the AIK stadium is fucking class, and I'm booked up for Rome, hopefully Papa Francesco can find time to see me 😎

Edited by Flybhoy

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Ffs Mags do you ever get any plumbing done, you seem to spend most of your time jetsetting around Europe...

Meanwhile wee Betty is still waiting on you fixing her boiler....

Plumbers are rolling in it these days, champagne lifestyle.