Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

6 hours ago, The Chief said:

Fair enough. Each to their own. You would certainly be in the minority amongst Celtic fans I know in that case. I even had one Tim tell me they'd rather do 10IAR than win the Champions League. Have to say I thought that was rather ridiculous but there ye go.

One is more likely than the other.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The only folk that would get annoyed by Celtic winning 10 in a row would be Rangersy* folk and to be honest, thats the only reason Celtic fans bleat on about this. Nobody else in Scottish football cares about it, nobody else outside Scottish football cares about it.

If/when it does happen, Celtic will join the long list of European powerhouses who have achieved this.  See below:

14 Lincoln (Gibraltar) 2002/03–2015/16
14 Skonto (Latvia) 1991–2004
13 BATE Borisov (Belarus) 2006–
13 Rosenborg (Norway) 1992–2004
11 Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) 2005/06–2015/16
10 Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia) 1990–1999
10 Dynamo Berlin (East Germany) 1978/79–1987/88
10 MTK Budapest (Hungary) 1914, 1917–1925
10 Pyunik (Armenia) 2001–2010
10 Sheriff (Moldova) 2001–2010

Mouthwatering, Im sure you'll agree. 

Long way to go to emulate The Red Imps, then...

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

Why are people still pretending that Lewis Morgan is anything more than a decent bottom 6 Premiership player? He played well for one year at St Mirren and now he's relied on as a squad player at Celtic? He was also utter dog shite down at Sunderland last season on loan.

Would expect they'll make it through to the EL group stages but a huge failure to not qualify. Then Lennon pops out today to say he wasn't to blame at all; yikes.

Just imagine the scenes when the Pars f**k the quadruple-treble tomorrow...

Interesting that my travel itinerary for European trips is such a source of interest and, even amusement from obsessed creeps on here who challenge other posters on here to a 'meeting' before quickly shiteing it/backing down by claiming it was 'just a joke' 😂

For those interested our Prague trip has now evolved into a Prague/Stockholm four day jaunt, off to the Czech Republic early Tuesday, two days sampling the delights of the Eastern European gem then a flight to Sweden on Thursday morning before returning to Embra airport on Saturday in the am.... sure as hell beats an away day at Airdrie before getting into an argument with Rab B Nesbitt on the Miscellaneous Football Forum for the rest of the weekend. 

Glad I bring joy to many on here 😎

Another roller coaster ride for tonight's game,the balance between defence and attack is still on tilt.
If Celtic start the way we started the second half in the Cluj game AIK will not be able to live with that without the mistakes from Brown and Bain.
Celtic scoring 30 goals in 9 competitive games shows Lennon is playing to our strengths, we can't attack for 90 minutes so please keep the back door shut.

On 16/08/2019 at 16:44, Poet of the Macabre said:

Why are people still pretending that Lewis Morgan is anything more than a decent bottom 6 Premiership player? He played well for one year at St Mirren and now he's relied on as a squad player at Celtic? He was also utter dog shite down at Sunderland last season on loan.

He's better than Ryan Christie apparently.

20 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

off to the Czech Republic early Tuesday, two days sampling the delights of the Eastern European gem then a flight to Sweden on Thursday morning before returning to Embra airport on Saturday in the am....

Prague/the Czech Rep is in Central Europe; which Eastern European gem are you visiting from it?  I'd recommend you just stay in Prague as there is plenty to see and do there.

1 minute ago, IggyStooge said:

I take it Ajer can play at right-back?

Gordon; Jullien, Simunovic, Ajer, Brown, McGregor, Bolingoli, Forrest, Christie, Edouard, Johnston.

Better than playing Callum McGregor there.  Celtic's only first team natural Right Back, Hatem Abd Elhamed, is injured so playing Ajer there is better than Anthony Ralston I guess

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Better than playing Callum McGregor there.  Celtic's only first team natural Right Back, Hatem Abd Elhamed, is injured so playing Ajer there is better than Anthony Ralston I guess

Cheers. I just thought it may have been a 3-5-2 with Forrest used as a wing-back. Which would have been a waste of your (and Scotland's) biggest goal threat.