Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Gary from Dundee has been a Celtic fan his whole life, in 25 years he’s attended over 7 games to watch the famous green and white.

He has already drafted a “LAWELL OUT” Banner should the unthinkable happen and someone else win a trophy.

We blew a Renfrewshire Cup final a few years ago and allowed Morton to stop us winning it for, eh, a hundred years in a row. I was fcuking livid. Sat outside Stewart Gilmour’s house for a week and gave the cnut dug’s abuse. He wasn’t prepared for what was coming his way, and it sure as hell wasn’t pretty.

2 minutes ago, The Chief said:

I wouldn't expect you to understand. You do not have a rivalry like we have with the dead club(and their zombie reincarnation) and your team has no chance of ever rewriting the history books. Winning 10 in a row has never been done before in this country and it is a huge fucking deal to Celtic fans. Trivialise it or make it about self entitlement if you want. But make no mistake, it matters. 

It's an utterly pathetic aspiration.

Just now, The Chief said:

I wouldn't expect you to understand. You do not have a rivalry like we have with the dead club and your team has no chance of ever rewriting the history books. Winning 10 in a row has never been done before in this country and it is a huge fucking deal to Celtic fans. Trivialise it or make it about self entitlement if you want. But make no mistake, it matters. 

Congratulations. You have almost, nearly, but not quite, for the first time in my life, made me want Deadco to win a league title. Oh so close, but, like voting Conservative, or buying anything by Radiohead after ‘OK Computer’, I just cannot bring myself to do it.

So near though, so goddam near!

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

It's an utterly pathetic aspiration.

Especially when the other arsecheek, the only other club really able to win it, were otherwise engaged for many of this ‘ten in a row’. All Celtic had to do was to turn up and not fall over.

Honest to Christ...

I wouldn't expect you to understand. You do not have a rivalry like we have with the dead club(and their zombie reincarnation) and your team has no chance of ever rewriting the history books. Winning 10 in a row has never been done before in this country and it is a huge fucking deal to Celtic fans. Trivialise it or make it about self entitlement if you want. But make no mistake, it matters. 

Oh mate, I really hope for your sake you’re under 18.

20 minutes ago, Ylf said:

truth hurts. emoji24.pngemoji24.png

Except theres no truth in that though is there? Im sure the Scottish premiership is still the highest supported top league per capita in Europe. Somebody must give a shit about it.

Edited by gannonball

Gary from Dundee has been a Celtic fan his whole life, in 25 years he’s attended over 7 games to watch the famous green and white.

He has already drafted a “LAWELL OUT” Banner should the unthinkable happen and someone else win a trophy.

loads of the glory hunters from dundee as well. minter

Except theres no truth in that though is there? Im sure the Scottish premiership is still the highest supported top league per capita in Europe. Somebody must give a shit about it.

it’s still a shit league mate no matter how you dress it. europe is where it’s at if you think celtic are a big club 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Ylf said:

it’s still a shit league mate no matter how you dress it. europe is where it’s at if you think celtic are a big club 🤷‍♂️

So you have gone from it being a league that nobody cares about to a shit league. Again attendances would suggest otherwise. Just give up really.

So you have gone from it being a league that nobody cares about to a shit league. Again attendances would suggest otherwise. Just give up really.
basically the same thing. give up like celtic in europe you mean🤦‍♂️[emoji41]🤣🤣🤣

46 minutes ago, Ylf said:

honestly what’s big fascination of 9 and 10 iar? it’s scottish football and means jack shit to anyone. who cares if you dominate scottish football. europe is where it’s at. terrible away record especially in europe. face it celtic are third rate in europe

I would have thought the fascination for 9/10 iar was fairly obvious for the fans of the gruesome. Both have won 9 iar. Should Celtic get another (which imho, wouldn't compare with their first in any shape, form or fashion), it will give them something to boast about (to Rangers fans), "We've won 9 iar twice, na, na, na na, na.

Should they win 10 it would be SCENES. (At least for them and their separated brethren.) The rest of us probably won't care that much.

I don't think they'll get 10 iar. Time will obviously tell.

36 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

For fcuk sake. You’ve won every domestic trophy for the last three seasons, every league championship for the last eight years, goodness knows how many cups in those eight years too, have had some big European nights, and got to see your team play the likes of Man City, and compete with them.... all while also being able to pish yourselves laughing as your bitter rivals did a Norwegian Blue.

If you ‘blow’ 9 in a row though, the Celtic BoD better prepare for what is coming their way? It won’t be pretty? What’s going to happen? Mass boycott? (No pun intended), Green Brigade march through George Square in protest? Yellow vests, and you’ll all fcuk off to smash up Paris?

The entitlement. The sheer fcuking entitlement.

Support your mob in Europe - my fcuking arse! Would rather eat my own shite with a teaspoon.

pozbaird handing out a telt. :thumsup2

Edited by Jacksgranda

11 hours ago, TavTastic said:

IMG_20190814_075116.thumb.jpg.848b1788547aaad7f06daf939f752a49.jpg

This one is comedy gold 🤣

"Support Celtic in Europe or you're destroying the NHS!!!"

I'm sure they're crying into their whisky in the Cowdenbeath boardroom at the loss of the ten million quid they're missing out on because Celtic won't be buying one of their players. Not to mention the lack of the redevelopment of the area around Parkhead, which would also have benefited the Central Park faithful.

In honesty, I would rather Celtic reach the group stages of the Champions League 3 times in a row than secure 9/10 in a row.

54 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I would have thought the fascination for 9/10 iar was fairly obvious for the fans of the gruesome. Both have won 9 iar. Should Celtic get another (which imho, wouldn't compare with their first in any shape, form or fashion), it will give them something to boast about (to Rangers fans), "We've won 9 iar twice, na, na, na na, na.

Should they win 10 it would be SCENES. (At least for them and their separated brethren.) The rest of us probably won't care that much.

I don't think they'll get 10 iar. Time will obviously tell.

pozbaird handing out a telt. :thumsup2

I quite agree

31 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

In honesty, I would rather Celtic reach the group stages of the Champions League 3 times in a row than secure 9/10 in a row.

Would rather see scuddings from PSG and cash in the bank than see your team win its national championship. I am reminded of the end of the 2010 League Cup Final. I exited Hampden as fast as possible. On the streets, while the deadco players were still celebrating on the pitch, thousands of Disabled Tramplers were heading away from Hampden, not even arsed to see their ‘9 man heroes’ lift a national trophy, won in dramatic circumstances. It means that little to OF fans. If I ever get to the stage where I want anything for my team in lieu of the joy of seeing them lift a cup again, then it’s time to chuck it.

Edited by pozbaird